• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most under rated characters

Stilll Alive

Smash Cadet
I'm really curious to hear others because there is a lot of talk out there about tier lists and top 5's and so on, but has anyone found that many of those opinions don't add up, me personally I play a rotation of 6 being:4falcon::4fox::4falco::4megaman::4sonic::4littlemac: And I truly find that my best win ratio really is with Megaman and Falco which we all know are both looked at as bottom level play but if anyone else has the same experience with another character or the same, I really would be interested in hearing

Last edited:

no1butmenotu

Smash Cadet
Overlooked characters? From my experiences I'd have to say megaman (Won a whole lot of matches with this guy. I think I made someone rage quit in a 1vs1), Zelda, Palutena, Falco, and Jigglypuff.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
Lucina seems a little underrated.
BRUH.

I might have to agree. Lucina can really tear people up, though. Low knockback + high speed = sexy Dancing Blade and aerial game. Have yet to lose online with her.

Last edited:

Wolfen McGunz

Smash Cadet
I've been see so many tier lists, so I'm not sure what tier level everyone is.

I've heard negative things about:
:4falco::4fox::4myfriends::4link::4lucina::4marth::4zelda:, but they feel great to me, also im not sure where :4sheik:is on the tiers, I've heard conflicting things, but as someone who never liked using her before, things have definitely changed! Oh how I love that down + B!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Lucina, Link, Samus, Charizard and Fox are all very underrated. However, the most underrated is easily Ganondorf, he's such a beast compared to his sluggish Brawl counterpart.

Last edited:

Chronocide

Smash Cadet
Overlooked characters? From my experiences I'd have to say megaman (Won a whole lot of matches with this guy. I think I made someone rage quit in a 1vs1), Zelda, Palutena, Falco, and Jigglypuff.
I wouldn't say Palutena is underrated, I've actually seen quite a few players play as her online and she seems like a decent character. Then again this is just based off my experiences and I haven't played online too much yet.

TryHardOliver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0130-2283-2936
Defiantly Lucina.. I think it's because people already seen enough of Fire Emblem characters.

Stilll Alive

Smash Cadet
I've been see so many tier lists, so I'm not sure what tier level everyone is.

I've heard negative things about:
:4falco::4fox::4myfriends::4link::4lucina::4marth::4zelda:, but they feel great to me, also im not sure where :4sheik:is on the tiers, I've heard conflicting things, but as someone who never liked using her before, things have definitely changed! Oh how I love that down + B!
I REALLY agree with link, he's never been thought of as a top character but what character do you know has that many tools, projectiles and really good reach on attacks and grabs, all in one package, now equipped with a dash attack that kills at 100+%

Wolfen McGunz

Smash Cadet
I REALLY agree with link, he's never been thought of as a top character but what character do you know has that many tools, projectiles and really good reach on attacks and grabs, all in one package, now equipped with a dash attack that kills at 100+%
I remember trying Link in the demo, and thinking how much better he felt!

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
We're way too early in the process ...I mean, if you're playing well as a low tiered character right now then that's part of the process. All of these lists are going to change repeatedly once more players get used to characters and learn how to exploit them. Especially the newcomers with unique playstyles (like Mega Man) that probably will take much longer for people to master.

Personally, I've been doing better with Mega Man than most. Little Mac, as well.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
Lucina is overlooked because shes pointless. They might as well just made it alternate skin to marth since shes the same thing minus the tip damage, having more average damage to balance it out. very very very small difference, probably the least out of all the clones imo.

As sad as i am to say this since im a huge megaman fan, i think hes overlooked too due to bad damage racking abilities. His projectiles arent spammable/are countered easily, have range issues, dont do much damage, and he has basically nothing other than poking damage/smashes to rack up the damage. Once i get you to ~80% i can kill you a bazillion ways with him, but getting there is ungodly hard. Lemons suck lol

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Whichever characters I use of course.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Lucina is overlooked because shes pointless. They might as well just made it alternate skin to marth since shes the same thing minus the tip damage, having more average damage to balance it out. very very very small difference, probably the least out of all the clones imo.
Nah, the clone who has the least differences is Dark Pit I'm fairly certain, not even all of his attacks have different properties as far as I've heard.

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
Nah, the clone who has the least differences is Dark Pit I'm fairly certain, not even all of his attacks have different properties as far as I've heard.
at least he has two specials that are variations. Lucina is just literally a marth copy.
Even Roy had variations on ALL his specials, some normals AND general properties like weight and sweet spot.

Lucina has only ONE differing variable while dark pit has two.

dykachu

Smash Rookie
I main Villager, Sonic, Robin and the there clones (the doc, Lucina and Dark Pit). Guys, Villager is underrated, I didn't see any when playing for glory mode !

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
Have to admit i think dark pit is worse than lucina. Reason being, i legitimately didnt even notice my opponent playing Dark Pit swapped over to Pit until he started arrow spamming, which Pit does faster. That was pretty far into the game too lol.
I dont get why they'd add him anyway. Hes a 1 game character that couldnt possibly be more than a clone. Hell, i dont even know anyone that knew who the heck he was beforehand lol.
Wouldve rather seen Wolf return or *gasp* Krystal show up. Wasted coding on Lucina/Dark Pit

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
Is Mega Man underrated?

I hear a lot of people saying they're underwhelmed by him, but a even more people saying he's just unique will move up the list eventually. And on that "official" JP tier list he's C rank. So I'd say he's in a neutral "could move either direction" on the tier list position.

But yeah he's the character I'm most comfortable with. Probably because I practiced him in the demo and I used to play Original Mega Man's NES and GB games religiously, so I'm used to the gameplay he's designed off of..

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
i play mostly megaman, im getting better with him. the biggest flaw he has is he has no real damage racking combos, its all poking damage. Once he gets damage on you he can wreck you easily since just about all his moves can kill (god i love the windman kills lol shows you aerial ******** whats for!)
Hes even more unusual in this playstyle than Mac or Rosaluma is, drawback is theyre obviously good while he needs skill to use.

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
i play mostly megaman, im getting better with him. the biggest flaw he has is he has no real damage racking combos, its all poking damage. Once he gets damage on you he can wreck you easily since just about all his moves can kill (god i love the windman kills lol shows you aerial *******s whats for!)
Hes even more unusual in this playstyle than Mac or Rosaluma is, drawback is theyre obviously good while he needs skill to use.
Yeah it's super satisfying when someone is sent flying by a third player, and you turn it into your kill with tornado.

D

Deleted member 269706

Never really see anyone talking about or play as Ike...Does that count?

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
I think Bowser Jr is being underrated. I've rarely seen him/koopalings online, and don't see him talked about much. Has a very interesting moveset, and a side b jump cancel that guarantees a combo at (afaik) almost any percent.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
at least he has two specials that are variations. Lucina is just literally a marth copy.
Even Roy had variations on ALL his specials, some normals AND general properties like weight and sweet spot.

Lucina has only ONE differing variable while dark pit has two.
Lucina's sword property still makes all of her attacks act differently from Marth's, that is not the case with Dark Pit, and that alone makes Lucina more unique. Not that it really matters in the end.

Ampetrix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christopaz
3DS FC
4527-8084-1972
R.O.B and Ike, they're rarely talked about, what happened to them. Even I do not play them.
That's what you mean by "underrated" right? Or is R.O.B/Ike that unplayable or something?

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
Ike seems very underrated. People complain that he's "too slow" or whatever, which proper spacing pretty much fixes that issue. Walk-off fairs have been one of my best KO of the entire cast, and his dtilt is way faster and has a really nice angle. Plus he still has huge KB power.

D3boy510

Smash Rookie
Freaking Charizard has so much power. I can't wait to see what people do with him

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Link, Falcon, Ike and especially Ganondorf.

The reason why people are hating on Ike is pretty much because Bowser can do everything he can but better, in which i have to agree, but Ike has more range so he can punish a bit more reliably than Bowser and can edge-guard extremely well. Link has A LOT of tools, lots of range, lots of KO potential, has a solid meteor and is one of the only three characters (so far) to be able to cancel air dodge lag. Falcon can combo for days and can edge-guard almost everyone no problem.

Ganondorf is probably the best punisher in the game alongside Little Mac. His combos can rack up to 60% easily which is around the percentage Ganondorf needs to kill. Warlock Punch now having armor ACTUALLY makes it have a use of some sort and he actually has pretty good range by himself. Sure, he still has some of the problems from Brawl, but they aren't as significant as in Brawl due to the new mechanics of Smash 4, which most of them help Ganondorf (bigger blast zones = more survivability and more damage = more KO power allowing him to KO very easily).

This is IMO though.

eldavo2090

Smash Rookie
NNID
eldavo2510
3DS FC
0791-3398-6999
I think Mario...
He is my main, and he got a lot better in this game.
Low knockback in certain attacks are actually a buff in his combo game, and now his grab is one of the most important parts of his game, spacing out with fireballs is awesome and even F.L.U.D.D got a bit more useful... on a side note, im seeing a lot of Ikes online, he got some buffs in this game too?

Last edited:
Top Bottom