• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most shameful thing to do?

Wayland

Smash Journeyman
Depends on what you mean by sandbagging. If I play Ken, and he takes me seriously, he's a fool. Victory is the ultimate objective, he doesn't have to go all out to beat me. I can still recognize him as a better player.

People who intentionally lose matches to get better bracket placement are the most shameful.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I feel ashamed when I used Marth for the first time in a year and got 4 kills on someone through D-airing them at below %50...

I think I've seen the most shame from one person when he Luigi taunted someone to death.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
lol Laser Camping with fox or falco when your playing characters like Bowser!! its like wtf, you gonna win anyways!! (maybe)

Also picking top tiers because their top tiers, I mean come on I went to this tourny and played all Fox players....it was annoying....
I agree i pick characters because i like them not because there high tier, in fact the only high tier i use i Fox because he is awesome, not because he is high tier

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
I main fox, and if I am fearful of a loss, I will do nothing but shoot lasers and run away the entire match. I've taken matches to 7-8 minutes from lasers and platform camping alone. It's not shameful, it's playing to win. However, I only do this in tournament matches, in friendlies I'm not that gay. ;)

The most shameful thing to do john.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I play main fox, and if I am fearful of a loss, I will do nothing but shoot lasers and run away the entire match. I've taken matches to 7-8 minutes from lasers and platform camping alone. It's not shameful, it's playing to win. However, I only do this in tournament matches, in friendlies I'm not that gay. ;)

The most shameful thing to do john.
If your not being as cheap as possible, your not really trying. Besides, its not impossible to beat a spamming Fox. Now Simna on Corneria, thats just no fair.

miller483

Smash Ace
lol Laser Camping with fox or falco when your playing characters like Bowser!! its like wtf, you gonna win anyways!! (maybe)

Also picking top tiers because their top tiers, I mean come on I went to this tourney and played all Fox players....it was annoying....
I know how you feel. It's pretty lonely being the only Mario player at most tourneys I've been too.:(:(

I'd say the most shameful thing would have to be unpausing the game while you're taking a phone call, answering the door, etc.

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
Shameful? Unplugging your opponent's controller in the middle of the match or L-R-A-Starting when you're about to lose. That, and only using top or high-tier characters, just because they're high tier.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
yeah making excuses for losing is bad, but i feel so bad when i play my friends who have never played and i just kick the **** out of them...haha

ROFLs

Smash Cadet
Telling you friend (Samus) to shoot charged shots at you (Ness w/ PSI Magnet) when your losing. :p

I actually did that once, just thought it was funny he finally realized it was healing me.

But in all seriousness, blaming tactics, throwing fits, cussing you out, all of those just suck in any game.

Weed

Smash Lord
-Get killed by a kirbycide grab
-Dying while tring to eadguard
-Get hit by a Falcons/Warlock pounch , or worse, by Ganons UpTilt
-Dying while trying to show off
-Dying while tring to wavedash very close to the edge and end up airdodging out of the stage
-Dying by using raptor boost , falcon kick or Jiglipuffs roll near the edge and falling
-Dying by using kirbys DownB in Hyruls Temple tunnel and falling to death
-Trowing a motion-sensing bomb and then walking over it
And the worst of all
-Breaking your own shield ( 1000000x more shameful if your using jiglypuff)
To add on to that..

Doing so as a suicide when you think you're going to lose..omg.. so annoying

Linkster47

Smash Apprentice
Plugging in the orange controller is the most shameful. It turns the gamecube off, no joke, the power button is still pressed down too. It's the coolest glitched controller I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot. The worst part is that the person you're playing might not know it's glitched, so you could say you need to switch controllers or something and then plug that one in to cause a stale mate.

SETHMASTEROFPKMN

Smash Cadet

Also picking top tiers because their top tiers, I mean come on I went to this tourny and played all Fox players....it was annoying....
I know. I recently played at a PLayNTrade... It was Fox, Falco, C. Falcon and Marth ALL THE WAY. I use Marth too, but I stuck with Pikachu for most fo the match.

Another thing i hate is when people spam Marth's counter. It's SO annoying, since you CAN'T Hurt them.

Then of course you grab them and listen to them scream (which is disgraceful as well [the screaming, not the listening])

I also think Luigi's meteor taunt is okay. I used it against a Fox who was hanging on the edge and laughing at my inability to hit him... and then he died. funniest thing EVER.

Another thing is dieing with Marth when you use your over-b, and then instead of using Dolphin Slash you accidently do the third attack with an up angle... sucks. Happen to me ALOT.

SETHMASTEROFPKMN

Smash Cadet
I got another one: Dieing AT ALL in a match with a no0b or relative (or both).

You NEVER show weakness in a game with a relative or no0b. Last thing you want it a no0b with an attitude.

NOTE: By no0b i don't mean someone who has never played before (although you still shouldn't die against them). I mean the people who ahve been playing and still use cheap tactics to fight, and spam and everything, and call your tactics (Counter, Edgehugging/edgeguarding, spiking, etc.) cheating.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Okay let's see...

Turn items on and complain about how they were OFF when you lose

when somebody is beating you, nobody says anything and you just scream STOP TAlKING, UR MAKING ME LOSE

Asking about characters that aren't in the game -_-

Calling me a noob because I lag items (WTF -_-)

When you lose, say you could own them at soul calibur

When you lose, say you could own them at madden (T_TU)

When you lose, say that if the character your playing as were in the game, you would have won

When you lose, go to your parents and say the person who won beat you, or fraze it in another way that gets them in trouble

Ask someone to kill themself

ask someone to turn on items when they're already on, and your just losing

Let yourself lose, then pull out the memory card or the disk
(I lost everything on melee because of that one...my cousin lost, grabbed the memory card out of the cube and chucked it across the room.)

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
Some of this stuff is just pretty darn shameful...

I remember not too long ago when my brother used johns all the time. "The game cheated! That attack isn't supposed to send you that far! WTH, that attack hit you! Hey, what happened? You didn't dodge, I SO hit you!" Seriously, who is he to say whether or not I dodged? He tried using a dash attack as Falco in a sudden death, so I did a standing dodge and tossed him. and he blamed the game for his loss. -_-

Unplugging somebody else's controller mid match? That's beyond shameful...

And getting a kick out of killing someone with Luigi's taunt isn't shameful... especially if it's against someone who's been playing the game as long as you have ;p

blitzkrieg88

Smash Rookie
spamming the same move over and over again
ex) jigg's rest, luigi's, link/young link's, and C.falcons ↑B, fox/falco's ↓B, etc.

Yoshistar64

Smash Journeyman
spamming the same move over and over again
ex) jigg's rest, luigi's, link/young link's, and C.falcons ↑B, fox/falco's ↓B, etc.
Naw, not really, I've seen people who use Bowser spam UpB.

Edge hogging. Period
I hope this is sarcasm.

I hate when people show off moves unnecessarily in the midst of a match, but I love it when I punish them.

M3WTW0 J0SH

Smash Cadet
Naw, not really, I've seen people who use Bowser spam UpB.

I hope this is sarcasm.

I hate when people show off moves unnecessarily in the midst of a match, but I love it when I punish them.
Of course XD. My little bro wouldn't stop bothering me until I put that down. I love to do it and it makes him so angry. I love it.

But whats really cheap is when some one uses Up+any button over and over again. Its so annoying

shadepaw

Smash Apprentice
Whoever says kirbyciding is shameful obviously can't see the funny side...

I'd say the most shameful thing you can do is wait in the cave area of temple and just spam the c-stick.

Kyldare

Smash Apprentice
No no guys, I'll tell ya what is the most shameful thing to do to an opponent.

Land Luigi's Meteor Taunt.

If you feel no shame (but also joy) from landing it then you have no feelings for your lowly opponent.
Shameful??? I just think its totally bada$$

Top Bottom