• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most painful way to die in smash

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Ike's Final Smash definitely looked the most painful to me. Imagine being slashed to death by his sword countless times and being sent to the ground afterwards. That'll look like it will kill you.

Being electrocuted sounds pretty bad, too.

Charey

Smash Apprentice
Being burned alive by a dragon* while it crushes your ribcage with it's foot sounds like it would hurt a lot.

*(technically not a dragon)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It's hard to say. Almost every move that's been mentioned in here really is a painful way to die.

If I have to pick one, it would have to be Robin's Pair Up. Getting cut into bloody pieces from Chrom's Falchion and getting 3rd degree burns from Robin's Bolganone looks very painful.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Mario Finale because the flames blast you with so much power that you literally get blown away, all while metaphorically being eaten alive by two fire dragons. To put it bluntly, you get the **** burned out of you.
Little Mac's body blow. According to Sakurai, Little Mac's smash attacks "hit at megaton levels." A normal punch to the stomach is already painful, but a trained boxer hitting your stomach with a punch that hard? It'd probably **** up something important, like an organ or something. So you'd be slowly coughing up blood and dying.
Great Aether for obvious reasons.
Rest because knowing that you just lost to a sleeping pink balloon would probably cause irreparable psychological damage.
And Giga Bowser's entire moveset.

Last edited:
Being sat on by the Bowser Bomb. Never mind enduring half a ton of spiked turtle landing on you; imagine the assault on your nostrils.

D

Deleted member

I dont think it gets much worse then these, I mean look at how much pit is suffering in these

Drianaa

Smash Rookie
I'll just leave this here (maybe kinda NSFW/graphic)

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I dont think it gets much worse then these, I mean look at how much pit is suffering in these
He's getting paid in floor ice cream to make Ganondorf look good.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Lol How is ganondorf made look good by torturing pit?
Makes him look like he's somewhat of a threat in Smash...that and it's a way to repay Pittoo for getting destroyed by Ryu and Roy so much in the direct.

D

Deleted member

Makes him look like he's somewhat of a threat in Smash...that and it's a way to repay Pittoo for getting destroyed by Ryu and Roy so much in the direct.
Fine, how about I do charizard also and show his down throw while pit gets slowly burnt to a crisp in pain while screaming?

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
Surprised that :kirby2:'s former Final Smash isn't mentioned. Being sucked into a giant pot, being boiled and cooked alive in scaldingly hot water. All the spices possibly getting into any wounds you may already have. Being launched immediately afterwards, then possibly exploding... And it's not just physically painful, but it looks awfully embarrassing as well.
I think this is the winner. Hard to beat that.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Fine, how about I do charizard also and show his down throw while pit gets slowly burnt to a crisp in pain while screaming?
Similar to the destroyed skyworld saga in Uprising. Replace Pit with Link or Samus and it's perfect.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Flame Choke doesn't really seem all that painful. Especially compared to some of the other things in this game.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Pound.

I mean, just looking at a pink piece of puff just slappin' ya dignity outta yer guts has gotta be pretty painful, ya?

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
Hmm...that's a hard one. Robin's Pair Up sounds pretty painful. Getting burned alive and slashed to death...hm...kind of sounds like Ike's Great Aether. Bowser's Up-throw also looks...ouch. Getting your body ripped apart by a merry-go-round of spikes 0_0
Mii Brawler's Head-On Assault looks really bad for Mii Brawler. Going head-first at a high speed. That's why I wear a Football Helmet when playing this guy XD

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Pound.

I mean, just looking at a pink piece of puff just slappin' ya dignity outta yer guts has gotta be pretty painful, ya?
They're were more "y's" in that sentence than there needed to be.
Also, Power Star. I can't imagine being trapped inside a star feeling too good, considering stars are usually several thousand degrees hot. Then to make matters worse, you ****ing explode at the end! Not to mention that Rosalina is still free to do whatever she wants to you to do to you so you won't be lonely while you're being incinerated.

Megaman765

Smash Rookie
LV 3 Focus Punch by Ryu into EX Shoryuken. Or if you wanna be super disrespectful, throw in a light down tilt before you do it. Keheheh

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Kirby's Brawl final smash.

Also his Thwomp stone form from the top of The Sky (Like, a few inches from space) not only would the thwomp be on fire, but it would cut you from head to toe in half.

Wario's Pummel as well if you're a boy. He's literelly slapping you in the..............

DarthGogeta

Smash Rookie
NNID
DarthGogeta
3DS FC
5327-0919-9852
Listening to Link's constant screaming as he mercilessly tracks you down with arrows, bombs, boomerangs, etc.

EYAHHH!!!!!! :4link:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
From a realistic standpoint, probably Bowser Jr's F-smash. He literally holds you between two spinning drills and then crushes you between them for a devastating finisher... highly reminiscent of Mortal Kombat.
From a gameplay standpoint, Ganoncide. Just... arghhh......

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

I read the title of the thread and thought what the most disappointing way to die would be, in which case I would say accidentally buffering an attack as you get pushed off stage, and then not have enough time to recover. But then I realized what the thread was actually about. I'd have to say one of the swords-men's final smashes: Link, Ike, or Robin. Swords generally don't instantly kill someone (in the exception of a beheading), so you'd be in pain from previous slashes and stabs while undergoing more. In the case of Robin, being on fire while undergoing Chrom's sword sounds that much worse.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Shin Shoryuken. That has GOTTA put some hurt on the chin, especially if you're

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Surprised noone's mentioned :4jigglypuff:'s Puff Up yet. Getting stuck between Puff Up's constant expansion and a wall (Think Mario Circuit or Shadow Moses) has got to hurt. The poor fellow who gets stuck in it is literally being suffocated and crushed onto a wall constantly for about 5 seconds of excruciating pain, but still lives for a whee bit longer which only serves to make it worse as they ricochet across the stage in pain. Either that or the sheer mental humiliation of being turned into a egg by :4yoshi: would have to be the worst in my more-than-likely-flawed opinion.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
I can't imagine Mega Man's Final Smash being particularly painless... 5 super lasers from various periods of time in the future?

Also, I have some [heavy] bias toward Shulk's Vision counter as he is my main... Getting killed in one fell slice, and in horrible slow motion that gives plenty of time for you to think, "Oh, Grimer, I really yamsed up this time."

StinkyHands

Smash Rookie
Ness' fsmash. Getting hit by a bat just sounds painful.

A jiggly rest seems kind of scary.

DDD's hammer could definitely injure a person. Or his dash attack.

Megamans sawblade. Duck hunts down b.

Top Bottom