• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most painful way to die in smash

ThePrincessZelda

Smash Rookie
Hmm.. Well, here's my list. (not in any order)
Link's Triforce Slash (ooh God, that looks seriously painful)
Ganondorf's punches, dark magic etc.
Kirby's Brawl fsmash (humiliating)
Ike's Great Aether
Electric attacks
Robin's fsmash
Self Destruct (humiliating and rage)
Failed Recovery
Jigglypuff (enough said)
Pretty much any fsmash....

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Jigglypuff (enough said)
Exactly.
Also, Luigi's forward smash. Listen to that wet sound when he chops you. Like he just stabbed his hand through you Frieza-style. I don't want to think about it angled upwards.
And Collarbone Breaker. If you've ever had a collarbone injury, you know why. If not, count your blessings.

Acj1

Smash Rookie
NNID
Acj1000
3DS FC
2638-1469-7526
Every time falcon gives a knee, I see a mortal kombat style x-ray move.

D

Deleted member

Hmm.. Well, here's my list. (not in any order)
Link's Triforce Slash (ooh God, that looks seriously painful)
Ganondorf's punches, dark magic etc.
Kirby's Brawl fsmash (humiliating)
Ike's Great Aether
Electric attacks
Robin's fsmash
Self Destruct (humiliating and rage)
Failed Recovery
Jigglypuff (enough said)
Pretty much any fsmash....
I dont think electric attacks hurt that badly, like what would it feel like?

Harb

Smash Cadet
NNID
Harb323
Switch FC
SW-2002-6569-6711
Ike's final smash would hurt pretty badly. Being slashed multiple times with a sword that's on fire and then being slammed to the ground.... *shudder*

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Honestly the most painful-looking attacks are actually the less dangerous ones. Ryu's dspec looks super painful, for instance, what with the collapse and all.

SmashBear

Smash Cadet
NNID
PotatoMunches
Ganon's :GCU::GCA: not only do you die without dignity but that explosion must hurt. Espically if you are fighting Bizz man

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Roy's Critical Hit don't look too fun, either. It's bad enough that the Sword of Seals cuts through you like butter, but he sets you on fire, and then, to add insult to injury, you ****ing explode on the final hit. I've noticed that a lot of Final Smashes involve exploding.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Why, getting caught up in Sonic's d-air spike. :4sonic: If you have no chance to recover after that, you're gonna have a bad time.

D

Deleted member

Getting slammed into by ness's PK thunder looks pretty painful, first of all your getting slammed into and second of all your getting excruciating pain from the electric shocks.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
The absolute most painful thing I reckon, would be to lose to Sonic after pouring your heart and soul into the fight, merely to hear "That was almost too easy!", I'm sure emotional damage counts as painful too, right?

Gilly

Smash Rookie
To me, the most painful way to die is getting spiked into the pit by my own main, Ganondorf. Because I just feel like I've been betrayed by a part of me like my partner, to me it hurts in a "Why Ganondorf? Why?" sort of way.

edog617

Smash Cadet
NNID
Edoglol
This may not be the most painful, but what about Ryu's down special? The punch is so powerful that you crumple beneath his feet.

Lapsy143

Smash Rookie
embarresing in smash? almost always a mis-input. especially with ryu, trying to get a regular testu off and you accidentally shoryuken.

irl, there are many ways to die, but if you know anything about the SHORYUKEN OF DEATH, its the final smash variation. litteraly, it can be done mid-air, and in the SF games, your lower jawbone most likely gets broken (since it flattens in just right way). In smash, that was a bit much for a child getting him, but its just painful to get hit by it period.

Bassicly, Ryu in general.

Silxer

Smash Apprentice
- That moment when you manage to anger :4dedede:(aka: DA KING) and he pulls out his giant Jet Hammer, and slowly walks towards you charging it up as you plead for mercy. Then he smacks you so hard that you fly out of the smash universe, fly straight though Skyworld, and then you end up somewhere in 8 - 1 some Mario universe surrounded by a hoard of angry koopas and dry bones... It's not a good feeling...

- Like what a few others said:4ryu:'s Focus Punch looks like something from Mortal Combat... it so painful that you fall to the ground knowing all of your bones are broken from that punch...

- Getting eaten by :4wario2: doesn't sound fun...

- :4ganondorf: getting sent to the pit, by :4pit: using a pitfall on him offstage........ yes I know that was a pretty bad joke. :p

Last edited:

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
Galaxia Darkness. There's simply no contest. That looks absolutely brutal. Maybe Bowser Jr's F-smash, the drills... Ouch...

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
Chrom's final slash with high damage is painful to the other fellow, a joy to the user.

Gibbs

Smash Apprentice
So a lot of the guesses here are speculating around things like fire or electricity, in truth these aren't terribly painful ways to die. After a certain temperature/current threshold the nerve damage is so complete and instantaneous that there isn't much capability to even feel pain. I'm going to assume that most of the magic and psychic hotboxes in smash work in a similar fashion. Most of the super blunt force trauma moves like D3s hammer, or Bowser's f-smash, are so violent that they are likely to cause instant death. If the death wasn't instant then, then shock and blacking out are inevitable before death.

Long bladed weapons like Marth/Link/Ike sword are likely to sever an artery on a clean or limb hit. Since they are all mainly slashing weapons, we'll assume the lethal blow isn't mainly a piercing motion. While these types of slashing wounds wouldn't be a pleasant death, you'd mercifully bleed out and lose consciousness in less than a minute.

Taking all this information into account, I have to assume that the worst way to die in smash brothers is to fall victim to this torture device.

The blade design is near useless for stabbing, and the pronged blade design make it clear that it was designed to land a clean killing blow. Intead Metaknight's sword is designed to kill by inches, rending and maiming muscle while inflicting superficial glancing blows. Even if Metaknight lets you leave the battlefield breathing, the ragged lacerations and puncture wounds inflicted would be a nightmare to try and close, almost guaranteeing either a slow bleed out or protracted death by blood infection after the injury rots.

The Geneva convention outlaws conical style bayonets because they are designed to kill off the battlefield in the ways mentioned above. I think Metaknight's probably a war criminal for bringing that sword to smash.

Noe_TheSehxy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Noe_TheSehxy
3DS FC
1392-7204-8668
I dont think falcon punch would be painful.. Cause like capt falcon punches so damn fast his FIST get lit on FIRE so that means it would be fast enough to kill you, like fast. I think the most painful way to die is probably being edge guarded to death by a good pikachu and her thunder jolts. Sooo muchhhh electricity

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
How could I forget Galaxia Darkness? That **** looks PAINFUL. In Brawl, it's stated that Galaxia breaks the sound barrier when Meta Knight swings it. That, combined with the fact that he actually swings the sword hard enough for the actual trail it leaves to be visible. Although, he makes sure that you can't see ****, so the sudden impact might make you go into shock.

Atm0s

Smash Cadet
NNID
GreenStarMario
3DS FC
1075-0882-2177
Either Samus's final smash or Captain Falcon's final smash for obvious reasons. :4falcon:

Lustful_Kaiser

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kaiserine
3DS FC
3282-3064-4273
Zero Suit Samus: Boost Kick getting kick multiple times and also having to hit with fire with those jet boots and final smash I mean gunship with lasers.

Link: Final smash slicing you like pizza time.

Ness: PK fire burning you nice and slowly and that PK Thunder having to be shocked.

Captain Falcon: Falcon Kick being on fire, being stomped on with dair, Falcon Punch in a flaming punch, and Final Smash being road Killed,

Cyril Epix

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cyril_Epix
Has no one though of Bowser's :GCR::GCB:. Having a 1000+ lbs Koopa fling you into the air and crash on top of you onto the stage must be.....rather painful. And by painful i mean *ahem*:
-Broken ribbs
-Pierced lungs
-broken skull
-i assume the legs are smashed (no.pun.intended) too
-brain matter all ac-
scrap it, you'd be DEAD ¬¬

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Has no one though of Bowser's :GCR::GCB:. Having a 1000+ lbs Koopa fling you into the air and crash on top of you onto the stage must be.....rather painful. And by painful i mean *ahem*:
-Broken ribbs
-Pierced lungs
-broken skull
-i assume the legs are smashed (no.pun.intended) too
-brain matter all ac-
scrap it, you'd be DEAD ¬¬
I think Bowser Bomb would be worse since he first he jumps, horns first, than comes crashing down on your entire body.

Douglas Jay Ganon

Smash Apprentice
ROB and Megaman attacks.
They're made of metal, that has to hurt.
Also, I don't know why, but all Megaman attacks look painful. Flamer Blade, his punch, those slices, the lemons, the mega buster...
And ROB attacks with fire and metal. Brutal.

I almost forgot. ZSS whip and those boots must hurt like a lot. Kicked in the stomach and the she burst out fire. Or she slaps you with an electric whip!:teeth:

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
Footstool into Toon Link's Dair. (I KO'd a Ryu player like this today.)

Texfone

Smash Cadet
NNID
Texfone
Maybe King Dedede's Jet Hammer, a rocket powered flaming hammer smashing your whole body at the speed of ( it seems like ) a train. But maybe that's just cause he's my main, I don't know.

Spaghetti Sammy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FreshBagels
3DS FC
0104-0256-0397
Link
Link in general
I imagine having 30,000 bombs, arrows, and boomerangs shoved up your nose, only to get hit by a smash attack (or dash attack, because why not give a move thats easy as **** to land a lot of knockback) with hitboxes the size of Jupiter.
Thats all Links ever do
"Zone" and then throw out a smash attack, because why not? Link is still pretty bad mediocre none the less.

Top Bottom