• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most overrated character suggestions for Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tedius Zanarukando

Smash Apprentice
The most overrated character suggestions for Brawl, I think, are:

Lip (Panel de Pon)
Tom Nook (Animal Crossing)
Laughing Dog (Duck Hunt)
Eliwood (Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken)
Mia (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance)

Eaode

Smash Champion
Definitely WW link.

I mean, just because the cel-shaded games have a different mood, we should have a nother version of the same character?

Don't even et into this "different link" bull**** either. It doesn't mater. Zelda games = sequels and Main Character link = WW link =TP link = 8-bit link.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
Tom Nook-ugg...I can't tell you how many NSiders are obsessed with him. It drives me crazy just looking at it. Like they make really unrealistic movesets that won't happen but they waste their time on it anyway. On topic, I just can't see it happening.

Pichu-see above even though he was in Melee

WWL-I don't see why so many people want 2 of the same characters in different forms in brawl

And thats all I guess. They're the only 3 characters I see as overhyped.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Tom Nook
Mii
Skull Kid
Waluigi
Ballziken (intentional mis-spelling)
Falco
Mewtwo
any of the Hunters
Black Shadow
Geno

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Geno is cool.

I don't care what you say. He might be unlikely but he is cool, no denying that.

He's a doll... that shoots beams for christ's sake.

DH_Ninja

Smash Ace
The three pokemon suggestions.
1.Blaziken
2.Deoxis
3.Lucario

I really don't think black shadow is that overrated.

parrothead

Smash Lord
The Top Ten most overrated characters in my opinion:

|1.| Sonic (Do I have to say anything about why he is the most overrated?)

|2.| King Dedede (Because people want more Kirby characters, as well as more hammer-swinging characters and villains. He was mentioned the most in Sakurai's poll. 5 times.)

|3.| Little Mac (Many people want more retro Nintendo characters. People think all the retro characters are the popular, 8-Bit, classic NES representatives. They are wrong. Look at Mr. Game & Watch, Sheriff, and some people from Nintendo's Hanafuda cards. Also, people think every fighting game needs a boxer. In my opinion, it looks like Nintendo will make him look like the SNES boxer from the SNES version of Super Punch-Out!!, because of his appearance in the GCN version of Fight Night Round 2. Even though, that isn't canonical, due to it being his 3RD-Party appearance, there has been no word as to whether or not the SNES boxer is the remake of Little Mac.)

|4.| Geno (Like Sasuke from Naruto and Shadow the Hedgehog from the Sonic series, people think he looks "kewl". People believe his appearance, Super Mario RPG, is butt-kicking addictive. He is a doll that was brought to life by a spirit from the Star Road.)

|5.| Krystal (Because people love humanoid, dog-like, characters. Mostly the female ones. Also, people want more Star Fox characters, as well as female characters. Even though, she isn't a dog, foxes are related to dogs, as well as wolves, dingos, and other similar animals.)

|6.| Ridley (Because he is one of the best Metroid villains in many opinions of gamers. People don't care if his official size is X-Large, because of his appearance in SSBM's opening. That wasn't his size, it was how far Samus and the camera were. Still, there are many things in the SSB series in sizes different compared to their sizes in their original appearances. However, some people think Ridley would look strange if he was smaller.)

|7.| Blaziken (Because people think he looks "kewl". People also want more playable Pokemon)

|8.| Daisy (People want more female characters, as well as more Mario characters.)

|9.| Balloon Fighter (People want more characters from Nintendo's NES titles, as well as the arcade versions of them. People think his arm-flapping would cause some kind of "hilarious, WTF-factor" or whatever it's called. Also, because of his appearances in WarioWare titles, rereleases, and the Tingle's Balloon Fight title, people became more interested in him and Balloon Fight. In my opinion, I would prefer Alice from Balloon Kid, because she and Balloon Kid are more detailed than Balloon Fight.)

|10.| Captain Olimar and Pikmin (Because people love Shigeru Miyamoto and his creations. His official height is the same length as the diameter of a GameCube disk, while the height of the Pikmin are 1/3 of Olimar's height. However, like Ridley, people believe "size doesn't matter" for the SSB series, because of several reasons.)

Those aren't my most-wanted choices, but these are.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
For me definately Olimar and Geno. I didn't find either to be particularly engaging to be honest.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
The most overrated character suggestions for Brawl, I think, are:

Lip (Panel de Pon)
Tom Nook (Animal Crossing)
Laughing Dog (Duck Hunt)
Eliwood (Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken)
Mia (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance)
Pfft, the only one I agree with is Laughing Dog, but Ton Nook gets as much hate as he does love, so I wouldn't really say he's overrated. And I can't say I've seen a huge amount of support for Lip so I've no idea where you get that idea from.

And I've no doubt that the only reason you put Eliwood and Mia down is because people keep telling you, and quite rightly too, that they are far more likely than your beloved Arya. Sorry, but to make a new thread just put down these characters is seriously childish.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Deffinatly Sonic. Especially after the accouncement of the Mario vs Sonic Olympic game.

:034:

Smash Hero
Cloud Strife. I've seen this one quite a few times, and I can't believe people actually think him as a worthy addition.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Wind Waker Link.

There are more interesting Zelda Characters out there. Do people really want a cel-shaded version of Link? I'd rather see Oni Link.

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
Sonic- it seems almost everyone wants him (i do too) but he isnt THAT great.

Geno- again, alot of people want him (me again- you cant beat a gangsta puppet!), but he isnt all that special

Krystal- good addition, but IS NOTHING THAT SPECIAL

King Dedede- okay, he has a hammer and is from the Kirby franchise.......thats it

Ridley- yes hes a "kewl" dragon with a possible great moveset but he ISNT a GOD. He isnt all that. (i personally want him as a boss instead of a playable character...)

WW Link- one Link is enough, thanks. Different graphics doesnt make him a good option.

Powerful Pokemon- mainly Blaziken, Deoxis, and Lucario. They are alright. (IMO, pokemon should stay in pokeballs)

Yeah sure, alot of these characters are on my list, i think they are over-hyped. They have too many "groupies", ya digg?

RWB

Smash Ace
Pfft, the only one I agree with is Laughing Dog, but Ton Nook gets as much hate as he does love, so I wouldn't really say he's overrated. And I can't say I've seen a huge amount of support for Lip so I've no idea where you get that idea from.

And I've no doubt that the only reason you put Eliwood and Mia down is because people keep telling you, and quite rightly too, that they are far more likely than your beloved Ayra. Sorry, but to make a new thread just put down these characters is seriously childish.
Agreed. And overrated, as in their chances of being in, people thinking they'll be in, or just the character in general?

Zeela12

Smash Ace
Agreed. And overrated, as in their chances of being in, people thinking they'll be in, or just the character in general?
overrated as in when more thant 5 people are barking about "DUDE OMG THIS GUY CAN DEFINATLY MAKE IT IN" while the character is probably the stupidest suggestion anyone can possibly imagine.

like WW link, (people said that earlier)
or duck hunt dog... (makes horrible SSB char)
Geno...
Ridley... (makes a horrible SSB char)
stupid legendary pokemans

people try to act smart by proposing characters that have no chance of getting in, and then other people who have no imagination goes along with them, thus the dark cycle starts to brew.

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
The MOST overrated character in my opinion is Skull Kid. Oh, wow a main villian in ONE game, a long time ago for the N64. Hey, while we're at it, lets's add Lemmy Koopa from super mario world, too!

Other honorable mentions go to Geno, and the hunters from Metroid Prime. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for Geno or Skull Kid to be in, they're just...over rated...

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
If you want people to read about what you think, start a blog, or a Myspace. Don't put it on our forum.

*EDIT* Don't start topics about it, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom