• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most "disrespected" character?

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
:4bowser:: Yeah, everyone says Bowser sucks now.
:4bowserjr:: I remember that everybody say he was going to be top tier, and now NO one plays him and everyone says he sucks.
:4charizard:: Poor Zard, everyone says he sucks just because he is big as Ridley.
:4wario2:: Surprisingly no one plays him even though he is BETTER than in Brawl.
:4metaknight:: Nerfed, so he sucks right?! No.
:4jigglypuff:: How the devil no one plays her?! She has Rest, Wall of Pain, back air kills, Pound works for something...no one except Hungrybox plays her.
:4samus:: Nyeh, she no longer sucks.....why nobody plays her?! Not even HuGs or however he is called plays her.

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
:4bowserjr:: I remember that everybody say he was going to be top tier, and now NO one plays him and everyone says he sucks.
rofl you exaggerate so much.... who is "everybody" and "everyone"? those five people who post at smashboards BJ subforum is huge part of the worldwide smash community thats for sure wow

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
rofl you exaggerate so much.... who is "everybody" and "everyone"? those five people who post at smashboards BJ subforum is huge part of the worldwide smash community thats for sure wow

It's generalizing. Many people came out and said at the beggining, Bowser Jr. is top tier material and more and the word spreaded. I'm not saying everybody, but it was a popular belief.

Reyan

Smash Rookie
I would say Meta Knight. He definitely isn't as good as he was in Brawl by a long shot, but he is a decent character even with the nerfs they gave him in Smash 4.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Honestly, I think :4diddy:is REALLY underrated. I hardly ever see him in competitive play.

In all seriousness, I feel that :4villager:doesn't get enough love. He has GREAT recovery options, amazing spacing with fair and bair, and drops trees and bowling balls on people's heads. :awesome:
Lets just hope he doesn't get any, the less Villagers, the more special they are lmao, if FG was filled with villagers, it would be easy to dodge your techniques that you and some less people know, someone who knows how to dodge all of Villagers moves is a bad thing, and we don't want that lmao

MatrixNexus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Whoisthis0
3DS FC
4785-6210-1190
Falco:4falco:

Most people say he's garbage in this game.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
:4wario2:: Surprisingly no one plays him even though he is BETTER than in Brawl.
Eh, disagreed.

But yes, he's definitely underrated for such a solid character.

Olimar is a big contender as well.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
:4marth::4wario2::4falco::4olimar: should all indeed have more potential than what has been shown so far. It's sad to see all of them being dropped.

:4peach: also has potential. Her Side B covers a lot of distance and turpins are quite strong again.

:4shulk: is top 5 easily.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Although not in the game yet, Mewtwo has been disrespected a lot by people. But for characters playable right now definitely Meta Knight. I use him a lot now because he somewhat plays like Pichu in Melee in some ways. (I mostly use his air attacks.) The way i use hm is racking up damage to about 45 percent damage and constantly get them off stage and neutral air them until they are out of reach from recovering. Having so many jumps is so good. BTW how do i get a profile pic?

Charls

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cerryx
3DS FC
4983-5396-9144
Going to join the choir and say :4marth:, :4falco:, and :4metaknight:. All three of them being much less competitively viable than what they were in each one's first entries (and second too, for Marth and Falco). It really hurts to see all the vile that gets tossed at these characters when they are most likely around the middle of the cast and not as low as everyone places them. Adding :4littlemac: as well, who get disrespected both for how braindead people play him in FG and for how simple counterplaying him is even against a competent one.

Last edited:

Sonicjamareiz

Smash Apprentice
Imo Dr.mario & lil mac just because they have lack luster recovery doesn't mean they're the worst characters in the game when they're actually pretty beastly on stage.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
...:glare:

based on what I've seen so far, I think outside of the top class fighters that are most common in tournaments, everyone else gets derided for one reason or another.

:4littlemac:: called a noob character, because For Glory gives him an advantage. gimpable and beatable, and yet people still whine...

:4darkpit:: in Melee, Mario and Doc were remarkably similar in moveset, and yet because people noticed Doc's attacks have some noticeably different properties, nobody really complained... besides damage tweaks, and a couple different specials, how is that different here?

Buddy002

Smash Cadet
...:glare:

based on what I've seen so far, I think outside of the top class fighters that are most common in tournaments, everyone else gets derided for one reason or another.

:4littlemac:: called a noob character, because For Glory gives him an advantage. gimpable and beatable, and yet people still whine...

:4darkpit:: in Melee, Mario and Doc were remarkably similar in moveset, and yet because people noticed Doc's attacks have some noticeably different properties, nobody really complained... besides damage tweaks, and a couple different specials, how is that different here?
Cheers, Dark Pit DOES need more recognition. He is a clone, sure. But other clones, such as Falco (Melee) and Luigi (N64) have been accepted. Even in Sm4sh, Lucina and Dr. Mario aren't hated. Why should Dark PIt be hated?

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Well, there's good news: I bet all of these characters will become popular at some point in order to counter whoever's popular at the time.

Br0wn1ez

Smash Rookie
NNID
Brassm0nkeyman
barely anyone is mentioning Falco I barely ever see him being used if at all. meta knight is still great if your good with him hes my main.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
For as infamous as they allegedly are, I hardly ever see :4duckhunt: brought up anymore

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Imo Dr.mario & lil mac just because they have lack luster recovery doesn't mean they're the worst characters in the game when they're actually pretty beastly on stage.
Somebody actually mentions him.

:4drmario: - HUGE disrespect from various places for the guy. Yes his recovery is bad. But just about everything about Dr. Mario comes down to "Mario's faster and has moar combos, why use Doc?" according to some people. His strengths are often completely ignored, weaknesses overstated, and serious conversation about his abilities is reduced to afterthoughts following extensive discussion on Mario.

Heck, in the Greninja match-up thread, somebody posted a paragraph on their views of the match up against Mario, calling it slightly in Mario's favor. Then in a quick aside they proceed to consider Dr. Mario at a disadvantage for basically being a slower Mario. No analysis of what Doc brings. Nothing. Just the same typical attitude. And it sucks because I think this mentality has quickly become acceptable.

The guy reeeaally needs to be repped better and looked at from newer, smarter perspectives. For one, Doc should be played like a character with solid priority and a plethora of KO options, not a rushdown combo character. Even then he still has combos, strings, and respectably framed attacks

EndlessRain

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlindMan
3DS FC
1693-1682-5689
It's Miis. Hands down. Doc gets a lot of unjustified hate, Mac is viewed as noobish, Falco gets you funny looks because he is worse than he used to be...
But people don't even think about the concept of someone maining a Mii.

"Who do you main?"
"Mac"
"lol noob"

"Who do you main?"
"Mii Brawler"
"Oh yeah, forgot he existed. Wait, seriously? You main Mii Brawler? Wtf."

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
the character I think gets disrespect is:

:4bowserjr:: he has so much potential with great combos, strings, set up and his recovery is top notch! heck he can even be a Wall of Pain of how good his recovery is!
I am one of those who has his as my main and I always find stuff with him every time I play! never even met him online on the Wii U version ONCE

:4jigglypuff:: she is so much buff and she can handle the smash4 meta! she has awesome aerials and can do Wall of Pain, but the biggest is that her rest kills at 50-60% while it kills at 40% with the Dair Combo! she is also my main and same as Jr I find more and more stuff that helps her to this Smash4 Meta

:4wiifit:: believe it or not, but WFT do have her own nitch and can be really great! her third jab buries, has 3 spikes, 2 moves that heals her AND she can buff herself like Shulk can (sort of).
sadly, he isnt just popular with those great attacks! its only "Melee character" or "Diddy" its most focus on atm. have met more Jigglypuff than WFT

:4duckhunt:: this dog has all potential in the world of his moveset, sadly no one gives it love! I have only met him online once on FG and damn that fight was right on the edge of me losing! people just need to see what it can be capable off! I know its high up in tier list but yet it get disrespect!

:4pacman:: despite being a "wonky" character, its sometimes a nightmare of how great he can be! that makes him good since he can be outside the box!

:4metaknight:: as everyone has said, because he isnt as good as brawl doesnt mean he is bad, especially the buff now that he can finally reach on the last update!

thats all characters I know get disrespect! online its like 95% Shiek, Peach, Rosalina, Little Mac, (Dr) Mario, ZSS and diddies!

Last edited:

EndlessRain

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlindMan
3DS FC
1693-1682-5689
I see Pac-Man and DHD all the time online. Maybe it's just my weird luck?
Also, I've met a grand total of two Olimars, ever, in almost 1000 matches. People still respect him though, because he's good and he always knows the MU better than you.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Mario and Dr. Mario have more differences between them compared to Pit and Dark Pit. Some of Dr. Mario's attacks knock the opponent back in different angles, he is more powerful, and he is slower than Mario in Smash 4. Dark Pit has very few attacks that differ from Pit's attacks in comparison.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Little Mac. Instadisrespect from my side. No exceptions. Btw, I don't think I've lost to a single for Glory Mac on Wii U yet.

Gamr_8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamer807
:4olimar::4alph: for just $1 you can help these two get out of the disrespected zone

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Where are the Ganondorf players at? He's a beast.
You're looking at one here, even though he's one of my secondaries.

And as far as this thread goes, I would have to say :4darkpit:,:4duckhunt:,:4falco:and:4pacman:as the most disrespected characters in the game. I have a friend on the mariokartwii.com forums who's a pretty good Duck Hunt and Pac Man user and unlocked their true potential and I fought a decent Falco user not too long ago.

outfoxd

Smash Ace
NNID
outfoxd
Cosigning on my main :4duckhunt: . If he gets mentioned anywhere it's to write him off as a camper, even though it seems like he works better using his stuff to get in an opponent's grill. The only time I've run into other DHDs online is them pulling out a ditto after I win one against their first character.

Also :4olimar: and :4alph:, though I suspect they'll be on a come up soon. I guess I'm just all for the little guy.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Where are the Ganondorf players at? He's a beast.
Personally I think Ganondorf players are highly respected if they do well. I usually have long FG sessions with a single player when I play Ganondorf. For some reason win or lose it's always enjoyable to fight a good Ganondorf.

waluigithewalrus

Smash Cadet
I don't know if it's my luck with for glory matches or something, but I never encounter any :4zelda:. Is there something about her that people don't really like, because I can hold out pretty well with her on the off occasion I use her.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I don't know if it's my luck with for glory matches or something, but I never encounter any :4zelda:. Is there something about her that people don't really like, because I can hold out pretty well with her on the off occasion I use her.
I fought a good one as Bowser. But they are rare. I see a lot of the go to Top Tier characters. And Projectile wusses.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I actually fought against a decent Zelda user with Rosalina on the 3DS version though that was the only time I've ever seen anyone using her.

waluigithewalrus

Smash Cadet
I actually fought against a decent Zelda user with Rosalina on the 3DS version though that was the only time I've ever seen anyone using her.
You know, speaking of Rosalina, I don't see that many people use her either. And I know she can be used well after watching Paragon.

I only have the 3DS version though, so maybe that's why I don't see her?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
You know, speaking of Rosalina, I don't see that many people use her either. And I know she can be used well after watching Paragon.

I only have the 3DS version though, so maybe that's why I don't see her?
Could be or it could be because they're not used to her playstyle or whatever. I mean, it does take sometime to get used to her move sets especially when it comes to separating her and Luma.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
If I ever beat somebody with Mii Brawler they proceed to call me trash for not maining a real character.

It happens alot actually.

I don't know how you can get more disrespected than that.

EndlessRain

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlindMan
3DS FC
1693-1682-5689
Zelda players tend to be good Zelda players because it takes a lot of dedication to use her lol.
And seriously, :4pacman:? I see them all the time, and they tend to be quite good! Except the ones that just stand on the hydrant and wait for you to usmash.

EDIT: Don't diss Pacman. https://vine.co/v/OjUELIdLAM7

Last edited:

Otoshimo

Smash Rookie
:4bowserjr::4wiifit::4rob::4metaknight: I have rarely ever encountered online, and for the few occasions I have it's always with people who either abuse one move entirely ( I.E. Clown Kart Dash and Sun Salutation) or just don't know how to play them altogether and become easy kills. I'm especially seeing a lot of MK users still trying to abuse his Brawl play-style and just getting dog piled on.

:4diddy:I seem to see often enough, but not from anyone who really has a play-style with him beyond spamming Side-B the entire match.

Top Bottom