• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Most annoying Enemy in Smash Run

RMF

Smash Cadet
NNID
rafamariofanx
3DS FC
4897-7020-4287
Orne- Sometimes it spawns at tight places with nowhere to run.
Banzai Bill- How to defeat this thing!?
"bosses" enemies, (except Bonkers, they're easy to punish.)
Koffing, Tac and others that make you lose stats.
Mimiecuties are self explanatory.

Cooly23

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4167-5547-7609
The freaking Skeleton with the magic wand, and thats the only one, if that thing didn't exist, smash run would be so easy....

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Mimicuties - Don't you just love it when you take 20+% from a random treasure chest literally kicking the **** out of you?

Ornes - It's not that they're hard to deal with, it's that they scare the **** out of me, causing me to panic and eventually run into them like a dumbass.

Darknuts - Now, I can deal with Stalfos, but taking an already decently strong enemy and making it twice as strong, twice as durable, and making it go all "This isn't even my final form" on me? That's too much.

Lethiniums - One of these ****birds is bad enough, but God help you if you have more than one on screen.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Would "all of the above" be an acceptable answer?
Pretty much every Smash Run enemy is exceedingly annoying in some way or another.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Mahvas- especially if you get sandwiched between a wall or a group of enemies by them.
Metroids- pretty much disable you and then drag you into other enemies. No real way to stun them either without ice and only Lucas has that as a default special.
Eggrobos- having several of these on screen at once is super annoying and has probably ended more runs for me than I can count.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Metroids- pretty much disable you and then drag you into other enemies. No real way to stun them either without ice and only Lucas has that as a default special.
I just tried using Kirby's Ice Breathe on a Metroid. It barely did anything. It didn't even slow the Metroid down. Is there a video of an ice attack actually doing something to a Metroid in Smash Run?
Can't believe I never thought of that.

Another thing I didn't think of was that you could mash out. :p
Yep, I can only mash my way out, or use a Smash Power like the rotating blades. I wished Power Bombs could OHKO them and ice attacks could actually freeze them. Otherwise, I feel more comfortable taking them out when my Attack stat increases by a lot.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I just tried using Kirby's Ice Breathe on a Metroid. It barely did anything. It didn't even slow the Metroid down. Is there a video of an ice attack actually doing something to a Metroid in Smash Run?
It doesn't? It's their classic weakness. I would have figured that would have carried over since the characters that are traditionally weak to fire are.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Metroid's aren't a threat if you run away and/or spam Horizon Beam, which is how I solve most of my problems. Rule of thumb is if it can't be Horizon Beam'd, run the hell away.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
  • Plasma Whisps. How the **** do these guys attacks have so much knockback?! They never had that much power in Kirby games.
  • Koffings. Wouldn't be so bad if they didn't decrease stats.
  • Lethiniums. How their lasers go through platforms makes them frustrating.
  • Petilils. Sleeping gas is annoying.
  • Reos. Rarely find them, but I hate how they drag me.
  • Skuttler Mages. Like Koffings, but worse since I find them more commonly and every time I get near for a physical attack they hit me.
  • Metroids. No need to explain.
  • Reapers. I find them very commonly and we all know what happens once they spot you.
  • Eggrobos. They're not though, but most times multiple of them appear, combined with their long ranged laser it makes me want to destroy them every time I spot one.
  • Mimicuties. Do I even need to explain?

Last edited:

A Very Nice Dishwasher

Smash Apprentice
Ornes, Mimicuties, Skuttler Mages, Mimicuties, Paratroopas, Mimicuties, Metroids, Mimicuties, Clubberskulls, Mimicuties, Mimicuties, MIMICUTIES

Oh, did I mention Mimicuties?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
  • Plasma Whisps. How the **** do these guys attacks have so much knockback?! They never had that much power in Kirby games.
There's definitely something wrong when I get the red lightning at 0%.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I've found out the hard way that BiGoombas ****ing HURT! Seriously, I never thought the day would come when I would die to a BiGoomba

Belgrim

Smash Apprentice
Those goddamn lil green things that put me to sleep. **** those. What else....

those stalfos' can be quite annoying as well when you try to attack them and they just shield everything.

Also the peahat things from Zelda spawning their little peahats are annoying.

And finally good old reaper who doesn't flinch unless you got strong attack power and those freakin baby reapers that make you trip. UGH
Just shield the sleep powder when it hits your shield then kill it. Petilil's sleep powder move only hits once. Oh and my number one hated enemy has to be a tie between the plasma wisps and Tac. Having a kill move that is also a defense mechanism is so broken for an enemy and Tac is just a pain in the ass because he just has you go out of your way to get your stats back.

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Just shield the sleep powder when it hits your shield then kill it. Petilil's sleep powder move only hits once. Oh and my number one hated enemy has to be a tie between the plasma wisps and Tac. Having a kill move that is also a defense mechanism is so broken for an enemy and Tac is just a pain in the *** because he just has you go out of your way to get your stats back.
Cool didn't know that.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
*The green skull. Immediatatly kills you for touching it.....
*That STUPID CAR!!!! Next to impossible to kill, so powerful, keeps following you so long
*The living treasure chest used to be a pain, but if you just run away immediatatly, it's not that bad
*Boom Stomper. Impossible to kill, impossible for it to NOT kill you if you don't run away.
*Chain Chomp

Edit later

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
*The green skull. Immediatatly kills you for touching it.....
*That STUPID CAR!!!! Next to impossible to kill, so powerful, keeps following you so long
*The living treasure chest used to be a pain, but if you just run away immediatatly, it's not that bad
*Boom Stomper. Impossible to kill, impossible for it to NOT kill you if you don't run away.
*Chain Chomp

Edit later
Aim for the leaf on the Boom Stompers head. It'll go down in a few hits. You're just wasting your time attacking the body.

Yellowpikmin476

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yellowpikmin476
3DS FC
4854-6467-1287
Any of the enemies that are really small and are on the ground most of the time. Now, for the most part these guys are fine, but later on in the game when you have a ton of Speed and Jump, it suddenly becomes super hard to hit them without running or jumping way too far. This bugs me a lot.

Also, Gastly. The idea of an enemy that only can be hurt by projectiles isn't a bad idea, but they should at least be made not to appear when playing as a character that lacks any projectiles. (i.e. Most sword users, Donkey Kong, Little Mac, you get the idea) It's still possible to kill them from other enemies getting launched, but sometimes you end up in that moment where there's nothing but one or two Gastly and no other enemies to launch into it, which is bull.

Clubberskulls should only appear when you have a decent amount of stat boosts, in which case they're actually beatable. When they spawn closer to the beginning of the run and you inevitably get killed, it only slows down your beginning momentum. And the worst is how they often spawn among a bunch of smaller enemies that get in your way. If you could just 1v1 the thing, it'd actually be fun, like Brawl's boss battles.

Stalfos and Darknuts, what's with these guys? Why is it they can block 90% of your attacks, including your grab? I wouldn't mind these so much if it were possible to grab them.

Any of the stat lowering enemies. Please stop messing up all my hard work.

Bulborbs, how do you even beat these? Especially from the perspective of someone who's actually played lots of Pikmin, your first instinct is always to attack them from behind. So why is it they can do that backwards jump thing that pretty much always kills? And attacking up front isn't any better either.

Those little things from Mega Man that lay on the ground with the hard hats, I don't know what they're called. You have to grab them, which is fine. The annoying part is those little projectiles they shoot that while they never kill, they knock you back more than they should, which makes getting near them at all a pain.

Polar Bears are weird, their stomp attack reaches from too far away, so running off is just as frustrating as trying to actually fight them.

Top Bottom