• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Most annoying Enemy in Smash Run

BigJuicyMeatball

Smash Apprentice
I really like the Smash Run mode(even tough the run or climbing competition can be pretty unfair)
But there are enemies who only exist to beat you up and you cannot do anything against it...so far I know there is only one Enemy that is impossible to kill which is Orne.
My question is, which enemies are the most annoying pricks to you? Which one is impossible for you to beat even though it...it kinda is.
For me it's the heart thingy....I think it's name is Clubberskull.

I only destroyed this thing ONCE and that was pure luck cause it fell down xD
It always completely destroys me^^'

Last edited:

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
Bacuras. They're ugly, gray squares that fall from the sky. They can't be killed, can Meteor Smash you, and can sometimes even trap you.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
I really like the Smash Run mode(even tough the run or climbing competition can be pretty unfair)
But there are enemies who only exist to beat you up and you cannot do anything against it...so far I know there is only one Enemy that is impossible to kill which is Orne.
My question is, which enemies are the most annoying pricks to you? Which one is impossible for you to beat even though it...it kinda is.
For me it's the heart thingy....I think it's name is Clubberskull.

I only destroyed this thing ONCE and that was pure luck cause it fell down xD
It always completely destroys me^^'
This enemy is extremely strong in Kid Icarus Uprising. In that game, they are have two forms. One looks extremely weak, but once provoked, it transforms HULK style.

Dexmaster

Smash Cadet
**** CRYOGONAL. Eggman's robots are fine, because they do a few small shots when you can attack them. But then this guy just comes in and ****ing SHOOP DA WOOPs all over you. He's normally too high up and too hard to deal with because you're fighting other enemies. I also hate Crazi Taxis. These things were a minor enemy in Earthbound! What happened? How do I kill them? Finally, we have Bulborbs. This guy has no weak point. There is no safe way to beat him, and most of his moves kill at low percentages.

I don't really mind clubberskull. Mostly because the whole point of his existence is avoiding him.

GhostUrsa

Smash Ace
NNID
GhostUrsa
3DS FC
1220-6542-6727
Clubberskull and that bloody Polar Bear! I've never beaten a Clubberskull either, and the Polar Bear is just too much effort to assault. I can clear out a whole room of baddies in half the time it takes to kill one of those Bears.

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
I really like the diverse cast of enemies in Smash Run, but man, some of these enemies are just deadly! And I think it doesn't get any worse than the Mimicuties from Kid Icarus: Uprising. Oh hey look, a treasure chest! Lemme see what's in here...OH MY GOD, THE THING HAS GROWN LEGS WHAT IS GOING ON. On top of tricking me into thinking it was a chest full of delicious power-ups and stuff, Mimicuties are STRONG, RELENTLESS, AND HAVE A S*** TON OF HEALTH. Unless you have a fast character or a ridiculously strong character with powerful powers, they will hunt you down until you are dead! C'mon, It's just a chest with legs!

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Ornes. They only exist to prevent you from doing as well as possible, and sometimes there will be 4 or even 5 that show up ina single game. Their hitbox is odd and they get enormous bursts of speed which aren't very well telegraphed at all.

Clubberskulls I actually enjoy running into, they're a free +600 to my stats, meteor shower makes quick work of the first one or two I run into and then I can beat any others on my own. It's how I got a game with 5 stats maxed and one at ~600.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
The damn cars. Too much health but because they're so straightforward, I always stay to fight them. As for any other enemy, a great item combo is invincibility plus hammer.

Fluorescent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NeoRashi
3DS FC
2122-7596-1415
Has no one mentioned about the Mimicutie from Uprising? (The creatures who look like a chest but when gotten close to turns out they have damn legs!)

Seriously thou, they're like sanic fast and hit hard with their utter sweep/flurry kicks and annoying in the butt to deal with. Not to mention they take some time to kill too! I'm seriously paranoid now of chests if they can kick my butt from time to time.

Godzillionaire

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Crit-Hit
3DS FC
3797-7329-5972
Orne by a long shot. Unlike in uprising these jerks move way too fast and they don't have a pattern of movement

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
My top three are the three that can't be killed. Just because I can't get stats from 'em. :estatic:

Orns aren't that bad... Just flee until the music stops and return.

Cuccos are managable when activated, I usually just jump around places I've been.

Bacura... Well, just stay out from under them and don't shoot anything big. Really shouldn't be relying on projectiles anyway because of how many enemies reflect.

dragonexpert

Smash Rookie
Anything that isn't able to be killed is the most annoying enemy for me in Smash Run. I like the bonus enemies because they award more points and stat drops for defeating. Using a fire attack on a Polar Bear is a good way to beat it.

Thor

Smash Champion
Any enemy with a shield.
Use the grab button. Unless you just struggle to land grabs in the heat of the action [I feel you there].

Ornes are annoying but not that hard to deal with unless you're super slow. Bacuras are also somewhat annoying, but they never do all that much to me.

Incidentally, an Orne can move faster if you turn your back to it. If you have a character with good air mobility, the safest escape is to jump away while facing it [this works well as Puff for instance].

The chickens annoy me when they show up mid-fight, so I sometimes use spiral swords to fend them off [which also makes the Hard mode "Survive" extremely easy since it KOs Polar Bears extremely fast].

The cars annoy me. They don't seem to drop that much considering the resources [time and/or powerups] I usually need to invest in KOing them [unless I'm playing someone with a counter, then it's fine].

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Mimicuties and those things that have that giant blue spherical shield when there are a lot of powerful enemies inside that shield. Ornes can be annoying at times. Stalfos are annoying when I can't get past their shield. Oh and that Reaper from Kid Icarus when there's not enough space to escape.

Chandelure is only annoying when I use Mewtwo because a lot of his commonly used attacks end up powering them up for some reason. Polar Bear in that one survival room is annoying if I use a character without a fire attack.

Dexmaster

Smash Cadet
I want to add one to the list: Bubbles. They are so hard to hit and even harder to avoid! They just come at you before you can react and freeze/burn your ass

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I swear, I can make an entire list out of enemies I hate, but if I had to pick one I'd say Paratroopas. ...Hear me out on this one.
While granted in terms of damage those of the Reaper, Polar Bear, maybe even the Plasma Whips are far, far worse. But they become a lot easier once you get your stats up (or be a scrub like me and use equipment to max out the rosters' attack stat). But what makes Paratroopa irritating is his "juggle" of sorts. Once you get hit, you either react fast enough to tech, or get hit again, and again, and again.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The Mimicuties. Disguising themselves as a regular normal treasure chest is bad enough but seeing it grow legs and getting kicked repeatedly by them is even worse, it's embarassing...

Last edited:

Woohoo982

Smash Apprentice
Cryogonal. (Frozen,frozem,free,strafe beam,frozen,...)
Orne. (Go bully Pit in his own games.)
Sheild Ghost. ((CENSORED))(why has no one mentioned this yet?)
Mahva (Shield ghost x2)
Bacura (@*#!)

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Really, any enemy that takes a while to kill. I'm always too stubborn to run away and it always costs me a life.

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
Sheild Ghost. ((CENSORED))(why has no one mentioned this yet?)
I play Smash Run all the time, so I'd like to say that Shield Ghosts are fine. Or were. Back when the game launched, they would be killed by literally any back air or hitbox behind, but unless I'm suddenly a lot worse, I feel this was patched out to give a more authentic feel.

As for me, I dislike Mimicuties. The ko power is a bit strong for my tastes, and they can lock you in to attack chains fairly easily, but all this would be forgivable if not for the tenacity with which they chase and hound you. Those daemons will follow you to the ends of the earth and back, and the speed at which they maneuver the map means you're generally stuck for a with them long time, usually until death or on encountering an otherworldly door. When combined with the multiple positions treasure chests are placed in, making it harder to descry a Mimicutie before opening it, it's actually been enough to make me stop opening chests nearing the end of games on several occasions.

Last edited:

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Goomba. OHKOs me, all day, every day. Not.

I really don't like the devil cars. That hitstun... @_@
For Clubberskulls, Bulorbs, Mimicuties, and Polar Bears, I just use Spinning Blades Lv.4. How do you like THAT hitstun?

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Yoshi is my go to character for Smash Run (I literally think he's THE best character for it), and I go a Speed + Attack build (1 Speed Equip, 2 Attack Equips). Customs I change are to Lick and Star Bomb; Lick is moreso for final battles (it's a hilarious KO move), and Star Bomb for clearing out enemies on the sides and is great in battles for KOing as many enemies as possible.

With that said, Bacuras (those pesky invincibile spinning boards) are my most hated enemies for Meteor Smashing you AND reflecting projectiles. In addition I generally don't like enemies with shields, but that Ghost with the shield (I think it's from Find Mii or something) is the most annoying since it floats and reflects your move as opposed to the Stalfos and Dark Nuts that stay on the ground. Then there's the infamous Orne that seems to find you when you RUN for your life only to see it 10 seconds later. Chain Chomps can also be a bit annoying since I have to bait it out and then go in to break the post, but it can get annoying with enemies behind the post as well. >.>

One thing that's also annoying; getting a fest of enemies when I'm in the midst of KOing something HUGE, like Bulborbs, Clubberskulls, Bonkers, etc.

Getting KO'd by a reflected Star Bomb is not fun lol. Or random explosives.

Last edited:

Polimario

Smash Cadet
NNID
Polimario
3DS FC
4425-1491-7986
Ornes. I hate when I'm on a roll and one of these jerks shows up, forcing me to abandon my current path and flee.

Especially if one shows up after you board one of those two rising platforms, causing me to waste precious time fast falling back fown to the main island.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Those goddamn lil green things that put me to sleep. **** those. What else....

those stalfos' can be quite annoying as well when you try to attack them and they just shield everything.

Also the peahat things from Zelda spawning their little peahats are annoying.

And finally good old reaper who doesn't flinch unless you got strong attack power and those freakin baby reapers that make you trip. UGH

Last edited:

jayelldee02

Smash Rookie
I believe I have beaten every enemy in Smash Run except for: Clubberskulls, Ornes, and Bacuras. I know the Ornes and Bacuras are invincible, but the Clubberskull is just difficult for me. I remember when I first played Smash Run. I had no idea what I was doing.

Swaggy-G

Smash Apprentice
While not the most threatening, the most annoying is the ice bubble. Those bloody things just fly away from you grasp, then suddenly swoop in and attack you. Since they deal contact damage, attacking them from too close will usually result in you getting frozen, sometimes even freezing you if you attack them with a non disjointed hitbox. A low percentages, they can freeze you over and over again with not much you can do about it. They also have weirdly strong super armor. I just hate these things.

Zelduh!

Smash Cadet
Anything that has projectiles such as Cryogonal, Kamek, Eggrobo, seem to be the hardest thing to deal with for me. Worse bruiser enemy for me is that damn Devil car just for how speedy and powerful it is. Special mention goes too them plasma things from Kirby as they seem to be able to KO you at little effort lol.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Those goddamn lil green things that put me to sleep. **** those. What else....
You mean Petilil? Yeah. They're a bit annoying, but Metroids are my least favorite enemy. It's so bothersome when they just pick you up and prevent you from doing anything. It really makes me feel helpless.

Last edited:

nozzle3466

Smash Rookie
Blue kremlings imo, they jump at you with a spinning claw attack which is impossible to challenge and has HUGE knockback. Luckily they dont have so much health.

Boost4u

Smash Cadet
Skutler Mage. These things have range and an annoying af cc combo. To top it off, all the hits lower your stats! I've beaten all the beatable enemies in Smash Run, but when you get hit by this and koffing, you can't help but feel like giving up.

Honorable mention is shields and bubbles

Pixel_

Smash Ace
lol, there are so many good replies on this thread.
For all unmentioned enemies, I'd have to go with Giant Bullet Bill, Gastly, and Tac.
Giant Bullet Bills are practically invincible, and do a ton of damage while cornering you at the same time. Then once they get into the wall, they explode. I don't get why nobody mentioned it yet >_>
I have no idea how to even hit Gastly (Gastlies?).
Then there's Tac, who steals all your power-ups and runs away, sometimes falling off the screen.
I basically don't like everything else that's invincible (them Bacuras) or has a million hp.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
lol, there are so many good replies on this thread.
For all unmentioned enemies, I'd have to go with Giant Bullet Bill, Gastly, and Tac.
Giant Bullet Bills are practically invincible, and do a ton of damage while cornering you at the same time. Then once they get into the wall, they explode. I don't get why nobody mentioned it yet >_>
I have no idea how to even hit Gastly (Gastlies?).
Then there's Tac, who steals all your power-ups and runs away, sometimes falling off the screen.
I basically don't like everything else that's invincible (them Bacuras) or has a million hp.
Attack Giant Bullet Bills from behind, underneath, or top. Gastly dies from projectiles, or throw enemies at him. Tac is only annoying when there are a bunch of others preventing you from chasing him. Spinning swords power is so useful against enemies with lots of HP.

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
The first ones that come to mind is anything Kid Icarus related. There's a bunch of other enemies I hate having to fight, but these ones are just annoying and there's way too many of them.

Top Bottom