• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More vids for fun

Zone

Smash Champion
ohhh?!

Critique Circle.

Lake you are improving greatly ^^'

Nice empty short hops around their shield when you were real close. All it does is get you shield grabbed if you kick em lol. Nice work, Sadly that only works against someone familiar with the match up. Hope you remember that :D. I try to do that to a stranger. and they'll just hit me >.>. Strat doesn't work until they become scared of the foot.

If you run off the edge for a kick. And it isn't sweetspotted. Just a weak one. DI out toward him and hit him again with Up+B. Sure it gives him another Up+B but now your holding on the edge. (Surely you sweet spotted) and you can drop and kick him again. This is just a back up plan to Plan A. Which is just... kick him. But if you make a mistake atleast it's a flashy sexy looking mistake.

I been working on Zelda lately. I have to relearn powershield, and accuracy >.>
Here is some of my rustyness. Although these are actually a bit before I started repracticing but I'm sure some of my habits are still present now. that I need to get rid of.

vs Marth, you need to camp the balls off of him. Be wary of grab cuz that's all he really has on you. CC his approaching f-airs into down smashes,, Shield his N-airs, or light shield depends into kicks. I mean you can kick the crap out of him from shield alot. Alot of shield work, and mixing it up with something else when you think he's gonna go for a grab. I can't tell you when he's gonna grab obviously lol. gotta feel when you think your opponent believes it's now a good option.

Critique my most recent recorded match prz ^^ vs falco.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGU2JPjeY2g&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAGabBzxfBg&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9xePhovU9o&feature=channel_page

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Saw all of Zone and Lake vids. Since I don't main I can only suggest general things of what you guys need to work on are forgetting in your game or should recognize.

I thought that Lake had to powersheild/lightshield more. Your shield always took a lot of punishment and you don't DI the shield at all; DI to lessen the chances of being hit!!!

Zone like you said you have to work on some bad habits; I saw you being desperate for hits when you are about to get knocked out. Just recognize it and fix it.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
*Tear*

Why don't I ever see Zeldas SH kick > waveland. It's soooo good.

You ***** him on Rainbow.

I can't critique you, sadly. I suck with Zelda. I noticed some Nakamaru sexytime in these videos, though. =)

D

Deleted member

**** nigro, looking better.

chris: why marth on RC. why. WHY.

TheLake

Smash Master
Zone ma man

Thanks for the advice on the weak kicks off stage. Thats really helpful (I noticed you did it in one of your matches)

Good stuff man, glad your back in the game with that zelda of yours

Upsmash out of shield looks great, you seem to get that when you want.

DI that stinkin shine.

Try experiminting with nyarus love out of shield. Dtilt falcos illusions on his recovery then hog or run off kick accordingly

and more importantly...More videos! The circle has begun!!

Upthrow to upair was super hot *stealing*

SH kick waveland makes tvs explode due to overwelming sex appeal. I could get arrested so I chose to do that tactic when noone is looking. No johns though we gotta sacrafice some tvs cause that **** is real.

Zone

Smash Champion
We should post up vids character based. Like

Vs Marth

Anyone post a good number of vids of their zelda (RECENT ONRY) vs Marth. For the next few posts so Everyone can see how the other zelda's handle things. Maybe you'll learn something, maybe not. Maybe all you'll learn is that the marth you play sucks compared to everyone else. But regardless, It can't go anywhere but up.

Then say after we are done discussing vs Marth. The match up. We can move on to Fox or something. What do you think?

The Phenom

Smash Lord
ChivalRulse gave a suggest that I hadn't heard for a Zelda before. It is to Short Hop to a Fair or either Bair waveland. Is this possible???!!! I can imagine some uses already.

Zone and Lake, have you considered this in the past?

Zone

Smash Champion
ChivalRulse gave a suggest that I hadn't heard for a Zelda before. It is to Short Hop to a Fair or either Bair waveland. Is this possible???!!! I can imagine some uses already.

Zone and Lake, have you considered this in the past?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyrtZSiku-k&feature=channel_page
EDIT: From 2007 don't judge me!

@:25 seconds. Like that?

Thing about that is. You have to be uber spaced and definitely not approaching with your kick. And you can't l-cancel So remember if they can reach you inbetween you landing on the ground, and the kick. Which most pple can do SOMETHING out of shield, if your close enough. But yeah I considered it. But it's only logical against like really slow characters >.>, doing it vs fox or falco is kinda ********.

atleast that's my experience with it.

TheLake

Smash Master
I do it if i remember how awsome it is

Its fun to space kicks that way doncha know *sarah palin voice*

The Phenom

Smash Lord
I do it if i remember how awsome it is

Its fun to space kicks that way doncha know *sarah palin voice*
Exactly =) and lol at Alaska governor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyrtZSiku-k&feature=channel_page
EDIT: From 2007 don't judge me!

@:25 seconds. Like that?

Thing about that is. You have to be uber spaced and definitely not approaching with your kick. And you can't l-cancel So remember if they can reach you inbetween you landing on the ground, and the kick. Which most pple can do SOMETHING out of shield, if your close enough. But yeah I considered it. But it's only logical against like really slow characters >.>, doing it vs fox or falco is kinda ********.

atleast that's my experience with it.
Your right about the uses of it on particular characters; so you can't l cancel the Bair? It's seems that Zelda could though.
--------
CLASS OF 2009!!!

Zone

Smash Champion
Exactly =) and lol at Alaska governor

Your right about the uses of it on particular characters; so you can't l cancel the Bair? It's seems that Zelda could though.
--------
CLASS OF 2009!!!

You wave land because you aren't doing anything and are capable of airdodging. how do you plan to waveland if you l-cancel a move lol. you are already on the ground. lol.

After that all you got is dash or wavedash.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
So you can waveland =) I wonder what would happen if I picked Zelda vs. my friends...I'm going to try it because now I know you can waveland the Bair.

In the mean time I'm going to click your sig.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Alright! I enjoy watching all types of characters so for a Zelda main to record that's swell. I love how people handle there characters =)

I recorded some matches in hopes of combo material; didn't turn out to good. Good thing is I have enough for a video but not a variety of players.

Zone

Smash Champion
I offer a joint Zelda combo video 4-5 of everyones best combos,

Submit now!!! I should make a seperate thread for this.

Top Bottom