• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MORE POWER!: A Bowser Technical and General Strategy Guide [12/28/09 Update]

Buuman

Smash Ace
You didn't, I just wasn't sure if you had tested this or simply based it off of the momentum canceling theory.
Essentially I have tested this with other characters. It may be difficult for some to momentum cancel the right way especially vertically. You must input the correct DI first, left or right so you go up at an angle instead of straight up (First step). Immediately HOLD DOWN and press the C stick in the direction of the Forward air until the fair comes out. The Fair comes out and finishes much quicker than the dair. The key to this is, YOU MUST HOLD DOWN FOR THE FOLLOWING AERIALS IF YOU GET HIT VERTICALLY (Fair, Bair, Nair, and Upair) If you hold down, the effect is you get a FAST FALLING AERIAL. Try it out. Jump and do one of those aerials while holding down. A better way to test this is hold down before u even jump and mash fair. After u reach the peak of your jump(s) you'll notice that when the fair comes out (After the peak of the jump) You will auto fast fall that move simply by holding down on the control stick.

If you try this with your dair, you DONT need to hold down, the down c stick is a combo of (A + down tap). The key to the fast fall is the down tap. So since the dair has the down input already in it, it comes off as an easier way to momentum cancel, BUT IT IS NOT. Fair will let you last MUCH longer. So remember when you get hit up, HOLD DOWN and MASH FAIR...keep mashing fair and holding down for the sake of seeing the auto fast fall if u want. But the latter is the correct way to momentum cancel.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Can you give me the percents that you were able to survive until?

I keep getting 134% for both the Fair and Dair. Even when the game was slowed down.

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
Against Snake's uptilt in training mode, I was able to survive up to 147% on FD with fair-fastfall, DIing into him. 146% with dair.

Without DI, I was able to survive to 135% with both dair and fair.

B!squick

Smash Master
As the title says, important update. Please read.

Also, I'll try and figure out this whole vertical momentum cancelling thing when I get I get the chance.

B!squick

Smash Master
How's the new look? Also, if someone would like to help me, what are some good Jab cancels that you think of and what characters specifically does each one work well on if possible. I haven't been playing Brawl much lately. T_T Thank you.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Enjoy your sticky.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
I like the new look Jay :)

May I suggest adding the shielbreaking properties of downb in the bowser bomb section specifically that jab+downb will break all full shields (lol me finding this is the only claim to fame i have on the boards :p)

B!squick

Smash Master
It's okay. The only thing that changed was the cool picture, really... but I've had that thing about breaking shields in the shield section since it was first made. T_T

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
My strategy against Marth. Air Dodge their approach, grab them as they land, B or Fthrow, Aerial their *** for the insult to Bowser that is their game. *Joke Joke.*

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
So, I may have discovered an infinite on MK on FD (possibl Smashville).

I'll get around to posting it in my thread later Jay, feel free to copy/paste it in here as well.

Choas11111

Smash Rookie
how do you master power sheilding?
well...just practice with a level one character...whenever they attach hit the sheild butten right before the attack connects :) you'll know when u power sheild successfully when u hear a "kink" when u do it :bee:

Raioneru

Smash Rookie
Um, well i guess another thing would be if you are close to the edge grab to dthrow into a Bowser Bomb, works quite often. Since most people go straight into it,(from my experience) and you should grab the ledge if you can space it right. i say use it only when you know for sure it will work, cause it will get predictable if you do it every time you get to a ledge and i'm pretty sure they can fastfall to the ledge before you pull it off, so know your opponent.

yay im contributing!

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
We have to many stickies and with the "Bowser's Castle Thread" we no longer need so many stickies. However, if people want, I'll replace this with the "3 Bowser Guides Thread".

Top Bottom