• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More Pokkén Tournament Details Coming January 23rd

Rambeard

Smash Apprentice
And yet Mega Man is still starving in a corner.
just so I can make you even more upset. wouldn't it be nice if Nintendo hired Capcom to finish Mega Man Legends 3?
As I said above, 1 and 2 are definitely going to happen. Sticks already exist. Madcatz and Hori made some for Tekken Tag Tournament 2, and the old Wii sticks (Tatsunoko vs. Capcom) are backwards compatible.
I guess I'll read the comments before posting my thoughts. You brought up good points and we will just have to wait patiently. I am super excited for this.

kdubb

Smash Rookie
As awesome as this is going to be, I would love a Pokemon MOBA as well in the future. It just seems too perfect.

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
You goin' fishing with that bait? :4villager:

Moving along, I'm pinning my hopes on Breloom, Typhlosion, Riolu, Victini, Clefable, Gallade, Delphox, & Smeargle.
I second that. Even if no megas get in, I want Gallade. And Farfetch'd. And Scyther. And Blaziken. And Cobalion. And heck, the rest of them.
Except Luvdisc. Luvdisc is OP.

EndlessRain

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlindMan
3DS FC
1693-1682-5689
Type Wild, people. Type Wild.
But yeah this looks cool. I really don't like 3D fighting games, but I'm gonna pick it up anyway because IT'S A GODDAMN POKEMON FIGHTING GAME.
Also, I want the Hitmons (maybe as Tyrogue... have him evolve through supers?), and then nothing else in terms of fighting types. Because honestly, there is so much more in the series that would work. I would love a grappler-type... Tangrowth or Swalot would be my preferences. And Darmanitan, because Darmanitan.

Last edited:

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
Watch this become one of the best Fighting games of its style... If it doesn't I will... something... I dunno! I'll do something!

EndlessRain

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlindMan
3DS FC
1693-1682-5689
Oh yeah, Farfetch'd. We definitely need Farfetch'd. I genuinely think that he could work, and that he would be awesome fun.

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, Farfetch'd. We definitely need Farfetch'd. I genuinely think that he could work, and that he would be awesome fun.
If Farfetch'd gets a crazy Iai-Based style like UMvC3 Vergil or Guilty Gear's Johnny and becomes Top Tier I will laugh so much...

So far only Lucario, Machamp and Blaziken were confirmed right?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If Farfetch'd gets a crazy Iai-Based style like UMvC3 Vergil or Guilty Gear's Johnny and becomes Top Tier I will laugh so much...

So far only Lucario, Machamp and Blaziken were confirmed right?
Yes unless blazeiken was scrapped after the prototype but that's unlikely.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
That's the joke. Don't make me explain the joke.
I know the joke. Luvdisc is so OP it takes MegaRayquazas with LifeOrb for breakfast.
Would he be a Pichu type character that totally sucks or a MeleeJigglypuff type that is top tier?

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Mewtwo as a playable character please!!!!
...also, throw in a Mewtwo trailer for Smash as well. lol Just for good measure. <3
This could be a REAL Killer move and Nintendo be like...

YOU GET A MEWTOW, YOU GET MEWTWO,
EVERYBODY GET A MEWTWO!

I REALLY REALLY REALLY Want to see Gallade in this game. Its by far my favorite Fighting type Pokemon... and Physics!

EndlessRain

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlindMan
3DS FC
1693-1682-5689
Yeah this is what I was thinking, basically. A highly technical character, with an Iaijutsu style. Maybe he has a bunch of weird movement options where he flutters around like the tubby little bird he is, and some weak normals, but then a couple of very strong "crit" specials that you need to set up through the weak normals and/or with movement mixups. Slash, Leaf Blade and the like.
Also, I want Alakazam (or Gardevoir I guess, I prefer the former but she's pretty popular so she would likely be more requested) as a zoner. That can teleport as a special. Wouldn't that be awesome?

EDIT: Oh, and if Brave Bird isn't Farfetch'd's Super I will be disappointed. High-speed suicide rush woot

Last edited:

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
Yeah this is what I was thinking, basically. A highly technical character, with an Iaijutsu style. Maybe he has a bunch of weird movement options where he flutters around like the tubby little bird he is, and some weak normals, but then a couple of very strong "crit" specials that you need to set up through the weak normals and/or with movement mixups. Slash, Leaf Blade and the like.
Also, I want Alakazam (or Gardevoir I guess, I prefer the former but she's pretty popular so she would likely be more requested) as a zoner. That can teleport as a special. Wouldn't that be awesome?

EDIT: Oh, and if Brave Bird isn't Farfetch'd's Super I will be disappointed. High-speed suicide rush woot
I was thinking something like this too. Weak but comboable moves then suddenly sweetspotted attacks that throw the other mon to the other side of the screen.

Oh wait, this ain't Smash.

Still, sweetspots for crits would be very nice with some of them giving things like frame advantage or something. I think Farfetch'd would play like Marth or something.

Gardevoir learns so many projectile moves in the original games that the developers would need to go out of their way to not make her a zoner. Not to mention Gardevoir is really popular, got a mega evo and is the signature mon of one of the main series champions.

Luvdisc is in the Brawl MetaKnight tier, Luvdisc eats MegaRayquazas with Life Orbs for breakfast.
Spread the word, brother!

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
I REALLY hope this doesn't only come out for Japanese arcades
It won't. Trust me on this one. How many Blazblue and Guilty Gear games started out on arcade first and then got a console version later?
All of them.

This is just a standard procedure in Japanese Fighting Games.
First, release game X to arcades. Iron out the bugs and announce the Console Port.
Second, release the update to game X for consoles and update the arcade version.
Third, test out new updates in arcade and release them for consoles as time passes.

Last edited:

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
PLZ REVEAL MORE POKEMON!!
Hawlucha, Gallade, Gardevoir, The Hitmons, and Scizor please

EndlessRain

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlindMan
3DS FC
1693-1682-5689
HAWLUCHA YES WE NEED DIS
I saw something interesting earlier: Magikarp. The weirdest, jankiest movement possible, and pitifully weak attacks. But if you fill your meter enough, you can switch to Gyarados mid-combo to chain a couple of super-strong attacks together. But miss one, or don't land enough in a row as Magikarp, and you need to start building it up again.
Still like the Marth Iaijutsu Farfetch'd idea more though. I would so main him.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Dream Roster:
Not Mewtwo Lucario, Machamp, Uber Blaziken, super fighting Lopunny, waifu Gardevoir, Seto Kaiba mega Gallade, Buffed Swampert, Ike, Knuckles, Creepy Chun Li Hitmonlee, Little Mac Hitmonchan, Mewtwo, Greninja, Hawlucha, Sceptile, Nidoking, Whitney's Miltank, Snorlax, Typhlosion, Feraligator, Scizor, Rock Godzilla Tyranitar, Regis, Deoxys, Zoroark, Espurr(aka the Killager), and Hoopa.

Last edited:

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
Ditto could work like Mokujin or Edge Master, different character every round. That's like Namco's signature thing and I was so disappointed they didn't put it in Smash 4.

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
Let's hope that Smogon doesn't get their filthy hands on this. You hear that smogon? **** you! *middle finger*
The hell did Smogon ever do to you? If you really hate their 6v6 singles format, just go play VGC and leave them alone.

Smogon is just a group of likeminded players who came up with a ruleset by and for them since Game Freak still won't support 6v6. You might as well be whining about SmashBoards for turning off items or playing on non-Omega stages while you're at it.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Considering their appearances in Smash and overall popularity , I wonder if :4greninja::mewtwomelee: or :4charizard: will be here. It'd be a shame if they don't. I wouldn't know this world anymore if :4pikachu: doesn't make the cut.

Top Bottom