• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More options to come on wifi?

Fenvir

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know if there has been any news of them adding more options to wifi play? It is pretty barren right now imo. I had been hoping for them to have a player challenge mode (send a 1v1 challenge to the darned kirby that keeps posing after he beats you with items on with anyone) or the chance to enter 1v1 battles.

BladeRadio0

Smash Apprentice
I highley doubt they will unless they get some brains and realease some miracle at E-3 2008

Trapt497

Smash Ace
They should. Man they really should. But I doubt it. Time will tell, but I don't think Nintendo will bother with it. In my opinion they should reduce how much lag there is (everyone knows the lag is ridiculous, I have a ton of lag while playing my friend who lives 15 minutes away) before giving an option for 1v1 with anyone. Or maybe they should also give an option to play stock matches instead of being forced to play time. But we'll see.

Vidd

Smash Cadet
I tried a match today (3 actually) and the lag made it unplayable.
I was very, very disappointed.

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
Improving the online would be too pleasing to the fans, and Nintendo wouldn't want that.

Edit:
I was reading my friend's GamePro magazine the other day and it mentioned that there wasn't going to be any DLC for Brawl. I don't know how reliable GamePro is, so maybe you shouldn't take it too seriously.

Anyway, I've pretty much given up on Nintendo doing anything to please their hardcore audience since they're more concerned about getting your 80-year-old grandmother to play their games rather than us.

ReppinThat703

Smash Apprentice
Ya seriously WTF nintendo why didn't they have ranks and Shiz like halo that would make the game so much more competitive :(((((((

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
Because Nintendo has to refuse to do anything that their competitors do just to set themselves apart, which is stupid, and ridiculous.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I think this is very unlikely, I remember reading (I think it was the DOJO) that Sakurai didn't want a ranking system because it would only appeal to just one group of Smash Bros. fans.

I think it was intentionally made so that Brawl wasn't a place where you would go on and get beat by a pro, making the n00b that played the pro say, "Well gee, Brawl online sucks, I always loose."

Basically, in my opinion, Brawl wasn't made to be what I just said. And it seems unliikely that just because we don't like the online service, Nintendo's gonna change it.

I hope they do though. XD

kempobot

Smash Rookie
The reason why the options are so limited is because Nintendo didn't want Brawl online to be plagued by a cesspool of ethugs and child molesters. Sakurai has already mentioned that Nintendo has no plans on releasing any patches.

It'd be nice though if they released a patch for 'Brawl With Anyone' mode where you can host a room with customized rules, and other anonymous people can see your room much like the 'Brawl With Friends' feature, however the taunt balloons will be left disabled. It'd also be nice if you were given the option to add those people to your Friends List.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
More options for brawl via wifi...NO? But for the wii...yes. Games such as Guitar Hero World Tour (or something like that) is said to have DLC. Whereas Conduit is rumored to have Voice Chat (YEHZZZ!). So the options for games are in the games not the actual services.

Top Bottom