• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More laglessness

Depster

Smash Champion
Since EVERYTHING has to have a name in Smash, Ima go ahead and name it. I call this the Lag Cancel Roll XD

Everyone who knows anything about Yoshi knows that there is a bit of annoying startup and acceleration lag involved with his egg roll. Cancelling that is the art of Lag Cancel Rolling. This is easy, and I bet a lot of you already know about it. If you are wanting to egg roll to the right, simply give the command to roll left, and smash the control stick back to the right (vise versa, of course). This results in a lag free, instantly accelerated egg roll (LCR).

This helps a lot with mind games and some quick hits right off the bat, but by all means don't overuse it or people will start timing it out. I'd say use it when people are making easy work of hitting through your egg roll.

Sharky

Smash Master
Tis a good thing to know, yes, but I absolutely refuse to refer to a move that is named after someone. >.>

acojan

Smash Apprentice
or RCR

reverse cancelled roll lmao !
does anybody know how much dmg the egg roll does depending on when it hits you ?

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
Reverse Egg Roll sounds better than Dep Roll. :/

This is interesting, might make me start using the stupid move now. My question is does it work in the air?

Doval

Smash Lord
Naming stuff after yourself is lame. This goes for everyone, not just you. Just throwing that out there. It's just a B-reversed Egg Roll anyways, it doesn't need a name.

Interesting technique though, I'll have to try that out later.

Depster

Smash Champion
fine, but i it does need some easy way to name offf =/
Lag cancel roll? LCR for short?
yeah Dep roll is lame *stupid me*

Nocher

Smash Rookie
dude, this tech is probably THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED to egg roll. now i can cancel out attacks and start out matches with a great, fast approach with little punishing in return. thank you for discovering this, it makes egg roll useable. and i do indeed use it

Top Bottom