• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More Extremely Situational Stuff from your Favorite Supermodel

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
rising uair (or non-fast-falled uair) at low percents is a combo to foostool. SO:

On fast-fallers or those with bad recovery or both, a dtilt when they're trying to recover followed by a uair and quick footstool and quick tether basically kills them. This includes the likes of Falco and Sheik, but also Snakes who fail to C4 recover, ZSS (lol), Olimar, etc.

Rising uair to footstool is also pretty cool in and of itself as you can of course dair after it, and of course that strings into another uair.

This is very similar to this: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267957

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I did this on accident before...good ****.

Can we get a list of who all this works on, perhaps?

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
The list should be identical to the one in the captain falcon thread but I don't really have time to test them individually right now. Probably after work.

BioDG

Smash Ace
lol I have done this before on accident, too. Good to know it has potential to be exploited.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
uair > footstool > wavebounced sideB

its a combo, footstool > wavebounced sideB is iirc. aka this is free like 30-40%?

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Well this is interesting. I can't imagine it working at really low percents though, like an MK can dair us long before we can do anything if we rising uair him at 0, unless footstools can come out sooner than aerials

If OS ever releases his supposed AT this would probably be a setup into that

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
rising uair (or non-fast-falled uair) at low percents is a combo to foostool. SO:

On fast-fallers or those with bad recovery or both, a dtilt when they're trying to recover followed by a uair and quick footstool and quick tether basically kills them. This includes the likes of Falco and Sheik, but also Snakes who fail to C4 recover, ZSS (lol), Olimar, etc.

Rising uair to footstool is also pretty cool in and of itself as you can of course dair after it, and of course that strings into another uair.

This is very similar to this: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267957
Just to correct.
Unless we footstool a character, and can instantly grab the edge, other tether recoveries beat ours.
It just works that way.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Also I probably don't have to tell you guys but I'm gonna bring it up anyways, depending on what percents the uair footstool true combos it may loop several times with uair>fs>dair shockwave>dsmash>repeat

uair > footstool > wavebounced sideB
Wow wavebounces stop footstool animation? We definitely need to look into that, because nB jab locks

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I dunno for sure, but I'm smelling Dsmash > uair > footstool > wavebounce nb charge jablock > dsmash dsmash > fair

OLOLOLOL. With possible jab2 jablocking if you're really flashy

Zero

Smash Hero
So you post on internet forums when drunk?

lol

I remember when Snakeee did it once, and edited the post when he was sober. good times

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
So is this actually legit? At what percents is what I really want to know.

To me this is far too situational to actually gimp someone, but it's uses for damage wracking need to be explored, because if we can wavebounce nB the footstool (I'm having a hard time picturing this but if side b works as xonar says then nB should too I'd think), that essentially means uair combos into dsmash. Now as we all know, uair is one of our easiest to land moves, so this would be huge in making dsmash a much more consistent threat.

Top Bottom