• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monty Python's Flying Mafia - SCUM VICTORY, Vult/Doop win the game!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
RR I'd like some thoughts from you

S_Defenestration

Smash Rookie
Yeah, RR has been asking a lot, but hasn't been saying much. I'd like to hear his thoughts on everyone as well.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
1. Me posting actively works opposite to wanting to be out of the spotlight.
2. No one else was suspicious of me so I don't understand why you think I am in a spotlight of suspicion. Please elaborate on that.

Kouseband

Smash Rookie
No one else was suspicious of me so I don't understand why you think I am in a spotlight of suspicion. Please elaborate on that

The point i was making you aren' t in the spotlight because you pushed others in it to stay out yourself.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That is not a legitimate reason. I don't like Kouseband. His vote for Vult seems to be parroting Defen, as she said the same thing about Vult. His reasoning for suspecting me does not make sense to me either. Feels like he's trying to force reasoning to suspect me, possibly due to omgus. Finally, I find his priorities odd. He chose to defend himself over clarifying his vote reasoning on Vult.

Vult's reasoning is can go either way so him I have as null but IGMEOU. My reasoning wasn't solid, but nor was my read and it is only a feeling.

Vote: Kouseband

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'd like to see RR's thoughts, and I'd like to see the rest of the cast post as we can't really progress without thoughts and interactions from them. I will be going to bed soon, I will be going to a tournament tomorrow. (SWAT)

S_Defenestration S_Defenestration I'd like your continued thoughts on me/vult/kouseband/ryu (You can answer on ryu after he answers me)

S_Defenestration

Smash Rookie
I don't think there's anything suspicious about Kouse at this stage. He's just trying to get a feel for the game like I am by watching what other people do, and it's not entirely unreasonable to think that your level of activity could be being used to pass yourself off as town when you're not. I don't necessarily agree with his suspicions, but it seems to be the way a smart person would hide.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
His reasoning on me is null. I can also be town simply being active. Yet he hasn't even bothered to respond to Red Ryu on considering if that could have been an option.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I like Defenestration and Red Ryu for their activity in thread. Kouseband being quite is a bit disheartening and I smell possible noobie scum vibes via being afraid to post.
Can you elaborate on this? I hate to be "that guy" but it honestly seems to early to judge anyone on being afraid of posting when the game's literally just hours from starting.

Your #91 seems like a bit of reaching. You also say you are null on Vult there, but you were already gaving "gutscum" vibes from him on your #57 you lost confidence on that read very quickly.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I did, but I can't trust his reasoning for not being able to vote. Which is why I have him on IGMEOU. I have to see the rest of his play develop, I have nothing else that I dislike about him at the moment. What is the point in stating that? What are your reads on the rest of the cast?

Please elaborate on my #91. There is nothing else to elaborate from that? I said he was being too quiet, since he viewed many times before posting, and even used the excuse of 'I need to check the thread more'.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I just need to re-iterate, I don't see why you need to point out I lost confidence in a read I visibly stated as gutvibe. He states "I was mobile" and I can't argue for or against that, therefore it is null, and therefore I'll watch his play develop to read him further.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Your reasoning is that his vote on Vult is parroting Defen, how? I don't have any reads right now the game just started, the only soft reads I have is that Ryu's questioning seem to legitimately be hunting out for scum. And you, it kind of looks to me that you are trying to control the flow of the day early by latching against a new player with weak reasoning.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I just need to re-iterate, I don't see why you need to point out I lost confidence in a read I visibly stated as gutvibe. He states "I was mobile" and I can't argue for or against that, therefore it is null, and therefore I'll watch his play develop to read him further.
Then why did you use that as a reasoning for as a scumgut in the first place?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That was before he explained himself. There is nothing that can prove my initial feeling, so I have to move on. I have been posting much more than this page, so I don't see how you think I'm trying to control the flow of the game against a new player. The blackmailing bit. Since Kouseband wasn't around as much, I don't find his contribution to being original. That's my best lead at the moment.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Alright fair enough on your vult read for now. To me it looks like you are controlling the flow of the game of the game cause you took it out of RVP with your posting. Right now you have been the one posting the most and as I already said your vote against Kouse seemed like a reach. Your content right now is mostly composed of the reasoning for your accusations and "wanting to see everyone's" thoughts, which this early on the game is bound to the way it moves, your #71 asking kouse why vult sticking out was good, but like I said before, your conclusion is not, I don't see how you see that as him parroting Defen.

Yeah, RR has been asking a lot, but hasn't been saying much. I'd like to hear his thoughts on everyone as well.
It seems like the opposite to me with his questions, what strikes you as him just not saying much?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I agree with Defen, RR hasn't given reads yet. Let me try to show a different feeling. Kouseband, is not being as talkative as the others. Out of everyone he could have picked, he chose Vult, a popular topic, to vote for with reasoning that's already been stated in thread, and mentions no one else. He only talks about me (with a suspicion) and RR after being asked about it. I also find that odd, that he'd mention me as a suspicion without actually being proactive about it. (He could have voted me or mention me in his voting post) His motivation to post that? Possibly to seem like he's contributing. I always tend to focus on RVS because I think it's important for town, and I generally post alot.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's better reasoning. ranmaru ranmaru what do you think of Defen's posts regarding your position on Kouse?

Dooplissity Dooplissity what's your take on the game so far?
I think it's kind of crazy how fast you all are at each other's throats. Jesus, RVS lasted like, what, 10 posts? Why ask only me this and not the other players who have yet to post?

Specifically, I don't like Ran. Defens doesn't vote in his first post, and gets gently prodded by Ran, but when Vult doesn't vote in his first post, Ran comes crashing down on him. Ran then pretty much drops everything on Vult and puts it to null. I don't know if that's a Ran/Defens team that wants to avoid early pressure on a new player, or a Ran/Vult team going for an early bus, but the difference in how Ran acted towards them and drop of the gut read is bizarre.

I can see him stopping the push for now, since there's no way to prove anything, but that shouldn't change his gutread - the point of gut is that it's not based in anything concrete. If he believed Vult was Scum holding his vote, why would Vult making an excuse about being on mobile alleviate that? The natural townie progression of thought (from scumreading Vult) is to think that it's an easy thing to claim and not to believe him. The Scum progression is to see that you have an easy wagon on a soft target/new player in Kouse, and drop Vult to go ham on that.

Ran's 91 and 102 seems like good posts on the surface, but deteriorate when you remember who they're on. It would make sense on an experienced player, but Kouse, as a firstimer would easily do all that as Town. He says Kouse was parroting and that Kouse's suspicion on him was bad, but I see it as a new player agreeing with the first real case, (because he has no reference point) and then having a lame suspicion because he's green and doesn't know how to play well yet. What reason does scumkouse, as a newbie, have to pick a fight with the most active and influential member of the Town? He also goes after Kouse for not calling him out at the same time as Vult, but I can totally see a newbie not wanting to split his focus and just posting his main scumread.

tl;dr ran's interactions early are inconsistent, his read on vult changed strangely, and he's going after an easy target by trying to apply veteran player logic to a newbie, which just doesn't work at all

vote: ran

rr's questions line up with what I was thinking reading up, so his though processes match mine and I like him for town
vult's excuse of mobile posting seems kind of bizarre (bold tags are 7 characters!), but his vote came out before anyone called him on not voting, and i don't know what scum plan would benefit from him holding his vote for 10 minutes, so it's all pretty much null to me
kouse's posts all make sense from a newbtown perspective and I don't think scumkouse picks a fight with Ran like that
null on the rest of the lineup

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I think Ran's reading Kouse's posts and intentions completely wrong. Not that I'm particular surprised by it, this is pretty much tryhardtownieRan in excelsis. By extended logic I also disagree with how Dooplissity Dooplissity interprets Ran's play but I can't really blame him for it - if you've never played with Ran before it's easy to see his play as suspicious.

:059:

Maven89

Smash Master
Please remember to bold your votes, and to unvote before voting a new person. Vote: (player) is the best way so I can just ctrl-f "vote:" to find them.

The Vote Count

Ranmaru (3) - Red Ryu, S_Defenestration, Dooplissity
Kousband (1) - Ranmaru
Volt Redux (1) - Kousband

the NOT VOTING Vote Count

-#HBC | Nabe
-Gheb
-Vult Redux
-Fandangox

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch

if there's an error let me know

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Dooplissity Dooplissity

1. I knew both Kouseband and Defen wouldn't really know much about the rvs phase, which is why I gently prodded them to post and to get them involved in their first game. Vult on the other hand, is experienced and does not need me to prod him. Notice that I mentioned both Kouse and Defen, because they are my friends I roped into this game. I also addressed Vult as soon as I could, a few minutes within him posting that first post.

2. I explained the reason why I felt a scum vibe from him, which I can't prove now. It's null because it can go either way, and focusing on it any further doesn't do any good. You are simply giving Kouse a pass for being a newbie. I call it when I see it. Weak or Strong target matters nothing to me.

Tell me, any other reads?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You ignored my question. I already said I don't have that many opinions on everyone since the game just started, except for Ran who has posted the most and Ruy whose questions I thought were good.
Tell me, how did she ignore your question, and what do you aim to achieve with asking her it? Read on Defen?

#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe Get in here and post.
#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu I am also interested in why you scumread Kouse. Opinion of Fandan?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Going to SWAT tournament now, won't be able to post until possibly tomorrow evening.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
The natural townie progression of thought (from scumreading Vult) is to think that it's an easy thing to claim and not to believe him. The Scum progression is to see that you have an easy wagon on a soft target/new player in Kouse, and drop Vult to go ham on that.

Ran's 91 and 102 seems like good posts on the surface, but deteriorate when you remember who they're on. It would make sense on an experienced player, but Kouse, as a firstimer would easily do all that as Town. He says Kouse was parroting and that Kouse's suspicion on him was bad, but I see it as a new player agreeing with the first real case, (because he has no reference point) and then having a lame suspicion because he's green and doesn't know how to play well yet. What reason does scumkouse, as a newbie, have to pick a fight with the most active and influential member of the Town? He also goes after Kouse for not calling him out at the same time as Vult, but I can totally see a newbie not wanting to split his focus and just posting his main scumread.
i'm glad you're town.

except I don't like the part of your post where you compare ran's reaction to my and his friends' first posts (ran adequately explains why in #114).

I did, but I can't trust his reasoning for not being able to vote.
I also feel like Vult may have used that move as a diversion tactic to try and make me as a new player look more suspicious than I otherwise would have.
RR why are you townreading this slot.

like, at first i thought he was genuinely concerned that I "blackmailed" him (i feel ridiculous just saying this) and maybe he mistook it as a scummy thing to do. so i figured i would try to explain it gently (reference: #70; i'm too nice for my own good). but then he ignored that post completely and comes out with this. like... it's just sort of making things up to justify a scumread even though my post should have alleviated his concerns completely. fon't buy it

i would revote him but he's getting replaced and i'm not sure it would be productive

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
uuuuuuh my post got botched a lot let me try again.

I did, but I can't trust his reasoning for not being able to vote.
vult's excuse of mobile posting seems kind of bizarre

the only good thing about this is that if someone uses this as a reason to lynch me we have CONFIRMED scum.

doopliss i know you're town... we all make mistakes. if you take this back we can join forces and become scum-hammer doopliss tagteam force.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I think it's kind of crazy how fast you all are at each other's throats. Jesus, RVS lasted like, what, 10 posts? Why ask only me this and not the other players who have yet to post?

Specifically, I don't like Ran. Defens doesn't vote in his first post, and gets gently prodded by Ran, but when Vult doesn't vote in his first post, Ran comes crashing down on him. Ran then pretty much drops everything on Vult and puts it to null. I don't know if that's a Ran/Defens team that wants to avoid early pressure on a new player, or a Ran/Vult team going for an early bus, but the difference in how Ran acted towards them and drop of the gut read is bizarre.

I can see him stopping the push for now, since there's no way to prove anything, but that shouldn't change his gutread - the point of gut is that it's not based in anything concrete. If he believed Vult was Scum holding his vote, why would Vult making an excuse about being on mobile alleviate that? The natural townie progression of thought (from scumreading Vult) is to think that it's an easy thing to claim and not to believe him. The Scum progression is to see that you have an easy wagon on a soft target/new player in Kouse, and drop Vult to go ham on that.

tl;dr ran's interactions early are inconsistent, his read on vult changed strangely, and he's going after an easy target by trying to apply veteran player logic to a newbie, which just doesn't work at all

vote: ran

rr's questions line up with what I was thinking reading up, so his though processes match mine and I like him for town
vult's excuse of mobile posting seems kind of bizarre (bold tags are 7 characters!), but his vote came out before anyone called him on not voting, and i don't know what scum plan would benefit from him holding his vote for 10 minutes, so it's all pretty much null to me
kouse's posts all make sense from a newbtown perspective and I don't think scumkouse picks a fight with Ran like that
null on the rest of the lineup
The only thing I say wasn't good about Ran's 102 is that part of his argument on Kouse is that Vult was a popular topic, which is dumb considering the state of the game at point in time. Can you explain more on the "when you remember who they are on?" line about his #102? Your explanation there is mostly for his #91.

Also what do you think of Vult?

Null
Town lean
Null
Scum lean.
Can you elaborate on your leans?

Tell me, how did she ignore your question/QUOTE]

Because its essentially the same answer she gave before I asked her about it, there's nothing for me to take from that.

and what do you aim to achieve with asking her it? Read on Defen?
._.

Ran is L-2, calm down a bit. Utilize daylight, eh? Know what I mean?

No reads just yet. Someone nudge nudge Ryu.

Vote: Red Ryu

This is in support of the pressure someone puts on Ryu in the future.
What do you feel about Defen's replacing out so early, Ran's vote on Kouse, and Doopliss's vote on Ran?

Top Bottom