• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
To be honest, I'm more disappointed in Toronto than anything. I mean, I take the time to ask Toronto when a date would be appropriate to host the tournament, so it could accommodate THEM. I even personally asked KirbyKaze to check it up. But I guess they had to choke. I guess they didn't realize that I put the effort of doing this mostly for them. If they had said "no man, I think we should wait some other time" or some bs, I'd have been ok, but the way it evolved just sucks.
Student discount via Megabus iirc.

And the trouble was that we didn't have a credit card to use to pay online and we were relying on doing what we normally do, which is paying my Dad (or other adult) the money up front and then they allow us to use the credit card to get the tickets. My Dad said he didn't want to do it because he wanted me to spend the weekend job-hunting (I kid you not). Ryan's mom would be a "hell no", more than likely, and that assumes he can get internet at all.

I can't really prove it, but me and Unknown really wanted to go to the tournament -___-;;

buenob

Smash Lord
you can go to a loblaws/superstore/anywhere and buy pre-paid visa cards, then use that to pay online... had to do that for pound4...

THE MORE YOU KNOW!

ps - can anyone ask bento if the sf community in M. still plays sf3? i'm too lazy to try and remember my years old srk info... also would they treck to ottawa for a tournament?

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
Very much pwnt?! lol Id appreciate if someone know if bento still around smashboards Im trying to get in touch with him since forever =/ also is there some people playing Ssb 64 around here still? kinda weird asking that considering everyone care about a 15 years older game now =/

kr3wman

Smash Master
They mostly play SF4 now.

I still play smash64, but everyone else plays it online.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Student discount via Megabus iirc.

And the trouble was that we didn't have a credit card to use to pay online and we were relying on doing what we normally do, which is paying my Dad (or other adult) the money up front and then they allow us to use the credit card to get the tickets. My Dad said he didn't want to do it because he wanted me to spend the weekend job-hunting (I kid you not). Ryan's mom would be a "hell no", more than likely, and that assumes he can get internet at all.

I can't really prove it, but me and Unknown really wanted to go to the tournament -___-;;
Then isn't time to stop relying on others all the time, and get a credit card or a car at this point? Yes, awesome idea!

kr3wman

Smash Master
LAST MINUTE BRAWL+ AT NCBA TOMORROW

to celebrate me getting my wii back.

Bring all your friends.

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
My friend needs to sublet a place near to McGill for May-Aug. PM me if you have a place.

D

Deleted member

How samus in Brawl+ is she better or worse and also DK, i would like to play brawl plus so i want to know if my characters would be good in it

RageKev!

Smash Journeyman
How samus in Brawl+ is she better or worse and also DK, i would like to play brawl plus so i want to know if my characters would be good in it
Samus is okay but I find her tooo floaty for the game's "increased pace".

DK is OK, but he just feels somewhat bland to play, IMO.

Just try a bunch of characters and see who you like.

zaf

Smash Lord
yea samus is solid. I dabbled with her for a bit. I wouldn't mind still learning her.
DK, i do not know nothing about the character. But i think that he is good too, like reggie said he is underrated. Reggie has used him before and ensued the ****. The character is very usable, but it's not like he knows the char.

Will you be available this week Lincoln?

D

Deleted member

What day and when

Thank you everyone for the info, nice combo fizzi lol
DK looks really good so i'm looking forward to that

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Just making sure people see this.
You'd probably have more luck looking on craigslist/Kijiji/see if McGill has a section on their web site for housing (when I needed an apartment, John Abbott College had a section for rooms/apartments for rent, so I would assume McGill may have something similar). We're a pretty niche sample population of Montreal :laugh:.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
You'd probably have more luck looking on craigslist/Kijiji/see if McGill has a section on their web site for housing (when I needed an apartment, John Abbott College had a section for rooms/apartments for rent, so I would assume McGill may have something similar). We're a pretty niche sample population of Montreal :laugh:.
I was thinking the same thing and then I realized that I might be interested in subletting for those months lol.

Quenk: I have to talk to my dad about it, I'll see what he has to say. (Granted my place is not really near mcgill, but it's very close to a green line metro station which I use to get to mcgill every day. Not sure if your friend would have any interest in that)

Top Bottom