• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

Vwins

Smash Ace
WTF YA BIN TROP DE TEXTE BANDE DE FOU jai même pas fini de lire pis ca revient toujours a la même criss daffaire siboire. Yo CF es-tu dans tes règles ou quoi? Parce que tu es crissment énervé. Je trouve aussi que tes opinions sur la compétition de melee on vraiment pas de crédibilité paske depuis 1ans si c'est pas plus jtai pratiquement jamais vu à un tournoi jtai jamais vu voyager en ontario ou au US pour faire des tournois et tu venais jamais au smashfest. Pis la tu critiques la compétitions de brawl versus melee quand tétait un des personnes les moins active a melee côté compétition jtrouve que tu fais dure sur ce point. Et voilà j'ai exprimé mon opinion en 7 lignes OH **** on appelle ca un résumé bande de cinglé :p

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
bah mon post était long, je chassais pas de têtes, pis jdonnais des tips de brawl, donc j'ai fait un excellent post. mord ma poussière, pis jsuis plus cinglé que tout le monde ici

Card

Smash Lord
Do you understand Starcraft's an old game (10 years+) that everyone still plays because it's COMPETITIVE? How far will you reach with a 'fun' game when it'll boil down to who will first trip in a match and get fsmashed?
Is Starcraft 2 out yet?
Oh wait... no it isn't. Want to know what will happen to Starcraft 1 the minute Starcraft 2 comes out? I'll give you a little hint, it's exactly what is happening to Smash Melee right now. No matter how much better or worse Starcraft 2 will be in comparison to its predecessor, it's going to get absolutely consumed by the tsunami of New Players in Starcraft 2, and the players of StarCraft 1 will either move with it, or be left behind alone.

By the way, I really like your outrageous exaggeration on Smash Brawl. It's incredibly mature. The entire game of Smash Brawl according to you boils down to whoever trips first and gets F-Smashed. Amazing.

And how come? Because older player DID changed to Brawl instead of keeping it to melee. Our community has been dishonest with itself because we chose to switch to an inferior game, like you pointed out.
I had no idea what you are talking about. Being "Dishonest" with yourself? It has to do with Smash Brawl being NEW, and Smash Melee being OLD. People we're tired of Melee, People we're bored of it, People wanted to explore new horizons, People wanted to MEET new people in the community (Face it, NO ONE NEW showed up in Melee for a good 4-years).

Why does it matter what OTHER PEOPLE want? If you like Melee, PLAY IT. NO ONE IS STOPPING YOU. Go host a Tournament, Get people to come, Do whatever you want with your Smash Melee Disc.

I'm asking you how you could enjoy working on MSPaint when you have Photoshop installed already...
Thanks for proving my point? MSPaint came first (Smash Melee), and then when Photoshop (Smash Brawl) was released everyone made the switch. Except in this case, in terms of competitiveness, Smash Brawl is arguably worse than Melee.

This argument could also be used for global warming, but look at how things would work out if we decided to just stick to our regular habits. A new game doesn't imply we shoud jump on it and stick to it if we see its flaws and ridiculous add-ons (tripping omg).
Again, thank you for proving my point. Dude news flash, the Planet is going to wither away and die due to Global Warming, Human Beings are nothing but a parasite on the Planet Earth and we will eventually lead to the Earth's Downfall. We all know this, anyone who thinks otherwise is just stupid. Do you see society going backwards in the Technological evolution process? No... You do however see a lot of people crying about it, but exactly like our example with Smash Melee and Brawl, crying is going to get you no where.

Offtopic; Heck I just heard yesterday that in Japan they released novels on CELL PHONES, so now you don't even need to read Books anymore, everything will be Digital.

You're telling me nobody was involved in the smash scene because we knew who our top players were? How dumb is that, like we won't know from the first brawl tournament who will be keeping all the money for the next 5 years. That's like saying "don't play any game, someone's probably better than you". Duh?!
Jeez, talk about reading only the first layer of my statement.
The real point I was trying to make was that our Melee community has not changed for over 3 years. No new faces came in and joined the community, no new friendships were formed, No new competitors have emerged, and pretty much every major Montreal hosted tournament ended with more or less the same results (thats the shallow part you only focused on). People were TIRED of this, and Brawl offered a NEW CHANGE to the SAME MELEE STUFF WE HAD FOR 3 YEARS STRAIGHT.

Yes, I build long-lasting relationship over a videogame. If tomorrow someone stoled the gamecube I don't have, my life will be ruined.
Oh the sarcasm! It's killing me.

Because society's always right eh? It's not impossible to change the current mindset people are stuck with, and this could lead to an increased in melee players if we decide to keep melee the competitive game of this community. Brawl attracted new players not only to brawl, but to the whole smash bros. series. We just need to stay honest with ourselves and we could double up the number of smash bros. melee payers in no time.
Go for it, I support you from afar, but thats all I'll do. Then again, you aren't exactly the most proactive member so I doubt you'll do ANYTHING that you just mentioned (Like Vwins said, you haven't been to a Melee tournament for like a year...). But hey, you can always prove me wrong.

You know what happened in the West Coast at California? A bunch of players who said the exact same thing as you ("We can keep Melee alive, lets host the biggest Melee tournament and keep Melee alive and crush Brawl") so they ended up hosting the quote unquote "Biggest Melee tournament since Brawl's release"

Guess what? They got a whopping 25 Entrants. 25? 25 people was all they could get, for a tournament that had been prepared since Brawl's launch. That tournament was supposed to be the defining voice of all the Melee-purists around, and all it ended up showing was that No one feels like playing Melee anymore. There was a Brawl Tournament that happened in another location (but in the same state) which had 34 entrants.

There is going to be another quote unquote "Biggest Melee Tournament" hosted in another state sometime in June. That's a really competitive Smash Melee scene isn't it? 1 Tournament of 25 people in April, 1 more Tournament in June in another state. Really, tons of competitive matches and tournaments going on all around.

Face it, my 4 points are Absolute Irrefutable Truths. You cannot deny them, and until you grow to ACCEPT THEM you are just going to continue whining on the forums like you are right now. Here I'll even paraphrase them so it's easy to read;

1. Factoring in many different variables and variations, Melee tends to be better, in terms of competitiveness, than Brawl.
2. However, Melee is very old, and has become very stale. Brawl offers a fresh new outlook along with new faces to the community.
3. The majority of the community has moved on to Brawl, and there is no going back.
4. Smash Brawl will be the main smash game regardless (until another Smash game is released), so we might as well enjoy it for all its flaws.

Daisy-Fan

Smash Journeyman
Tu les choisi bien t example toi; a comprendre ce que tu vien decrire, tu serais en train de dire que brawl n'est pas aussi bon que melee, que tu a totalement le droit de penser car c ton opinion, mais c pas mal hypocrite de ta part surtout apres que tu leur ai dit de laisser tomber.

Fail?

Yes, much.
Epicfail? :embarrass

Pour les Sonic c'est vrai.

Sinon j'aime bien Brawl, melee aussi.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
card's post just made me realize how obsolete melee has become. I feel very small now. whatever, people'll still play the game for 5 dollars, singles, single elim best out of 3... as a side event if we have time.... right?! RIGHT?! COME ON GUYZ?!111

Damax

Smash Lord
my votes all goes for chestah!!! make me some babies (sorry test)

Card isn't all wrong either.

Edit: dang chestah cheated me with a new post lmao. I still love chestah's wall of text.

I could still play a side melee event of course, for utopia. don't expect me to do any good though, I can't even L-cancel well anymore.

Card

Smash Lord
my votes all goes for chestah!!! make me some babies (sorry test)

Card isn't all wrong either.

Edit: dang chestah cheated me with a new post lmao. I still love chestah's wall of text.

I could still play a side melee event of course, for utopia. don't expect me to do any good though, I can't even L-cancel well anymore.
Dude I played Melee the other day "just for kicks"

me Marth, roommate Falco, Battlefield
I F-Smash him off the stage, I jump off to edge with F-Air, I hit him, I jump backwards towards the ledge........ "OH **** YOU CAN'T GRAB THE LEDGE BACKWARDS ANYMORE? F*CK" -1 Marth Stock

c'etait drole lol

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Hehe c'est vrai, quand j'etais aller a Seattle pour un tournoi, y'avait comme 60 entrants pour brawl Singles and doubles and then melee event = 14 people. Everyone left right after brawl and didn't care about melee. Well looks like you have to move on =P

Edit: Though I would love to play MM for melee still. =P

RaIph

Smash Apprentice
the distinction between in evolution between the winners and the failers are those who adapt to change and those who dont.
people like damax and all those brawl anticipating noobs are here in the winners category. cuz this adaptation principle applies to everything
people like vwins pkm and I i suppose, are in that other cathegorey.... :p lol

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
the distinction between in evolution between the winners and the failers are those who adapt to change and those who dont.
people like damax and all those brawl anticipating noobs are here in the winners category. cuz this adaptation principle applies to everything
people like vwins pkm and I i suppose, are in that other cathegorey.... :p lol
Poly, do you always have images in all of your post? XD

Also, doesn't Vwins play Brawl? It sure seemed like so from his stance in the argument just now and i heard he won a few small tournaments at Lenjeu. Maybe you meant cF?

methodcobra

Smash Rookie
Pour ma part je doit dire que j'apprécis mieux, Brawl que Melee tout simplement que j'était moyen à Melee car je ne savait pas les Wave dash et toute les truc qui rend quasiment intouchable. Tendis que dans Brawl je commence à être bon mais j'ai besoin encore de pratique pour surpassé certains membre.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Pour ma part je doit dire que j'apprécis mieux, Brawl que Melee tout simplement que j'était moyen à Melee car je ne savait pas les Wave dash et toute les truc qui rend quasiment intouchable. Tendis que dans Brawl je commence à être bon mais j'ai besoin encore de pratique pour surpassé certains membre.
lol désolé mais tu nétais probablement pas moyen a melee

meme moi jpense pas ke jétais moyen... tout ce ke jsavais faire c quelques wavedash et des downsmash...

mais des fois pendant 30 sec je jouais godlike... je nai jamais pu expliquer ce phénomène

methodcobra

Smash Rookie
lol désolé mais tu nétais probablement pas moyen a melee

meme moi jpense pas ke jétais moyen... tout ce ke jsavais faire c quelques wavedash et des downsmash...

mais des fois pendant 30 sec je jouais godlike... je nai jamais pu expliquer ce phénomène
C'est se qu'on apelle un phénomène surnaturelle xD

Sinon peut être que je suis pas moyen contre certains dans se forum à Melee mais contre mes amis j'arrivait à survivre dans un match ^^.

Damax

Smash Lord
C'est se qu'on apelle un phénomène surnaturelle xD

Sinon peut être que je suis pas moyen contre certains dans se forum à Melee mais contre mes amis j'arrivait à survivre dans un match ^^.
sauf que tes amis etait vachement poche..

Big rick: on appelle sa des limit breaks, j'en ai discuté avec Kage, j'etait bien content quand il fesait des beat rush, somersault, waterkick meteo drive, dolphin blow, meteor strike dans face

methodcobra

Smash Rookie
A Damax: pas vraiment ils savaint jouer mais tous comme moi ils ne faisant pas les wavedash et autre truc qui crée des illusion des optiques.

Edit: Donc dans un point face à des joueurs experimenté qui utulise les smash advance technique il est probable que oui les chance sont à 1 de gagné.

zaf

Smash Lord
thanks everyone who welcomed me to the forums and to the montreal scene, means alot =].

I log off the pc for a few hours and i got so many pages to keep up with, man you guys are fast!! Also just wanted to say sorry for my crappy understanding of french, i will still try my best to understand and replay in french when needed.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
WTF YA BIN TROP DE TEXTE BANDE DE FOU jai même pas fini de lire pis ca revient toujours a la même criss daffaire siboire. Yo CF es-tu dans tes règles ou quoi? Parce que tu es crissment énervé. Je trouve aussi que tes opinions sur la compétition de melee on vraiment pas de crédibilité paske depuis 1ans si c'est pas plus jtai pratiquement jamais vu à un tournoi jtai jamais vu voyager en ontario ou au US pour faire des tournois et tu venais jamais au smashfest. Pis la tu critiques la compétitions de brawl versus melee quand tétait un des personnes les moins active a melee côté compétition jtrouve que tu fais dure sur ce point. Et voilà j'ai exprimé mon opinion en 7 lignes OH **** on appelle ca un résumé bande de cinglé :p
For once, I agree with Vwins. This is one of the few times I had a very hard time reading so much text. Now I know how you guys felt when I was posting in the Bi-Weekly thread :urg:

chesterr01 said:
I lolled hard and I woke up HoVeR.
Have you been there since Sunday!?

chesterr01 said:
also, that guy, call on my cell phone
Just got back from Rock Climbing, so I did, but you're probably dead now. :(

Card said:
SUMMARY:
ACCEPT THE UNDENIABLE TRUTH, INFIDELS
I play violin
Brawler Lawler
By the way, you're exaggerating things a bit. The first tournament I ever attended was held on December 29th, 2005. I believe from there until Summer 2007 there was the most activity for the Montreal community.

Kage said:
Hehe c'est vrai, quand j'etais aller a Seattle pour un tournoi, y'avait comme 60 entrants pour brawl Singles and doubles and then melee event = 14 people. Everyone left right after brawl and didn't care about melee. Well looks like you have to move on =P
Rous, I don't want to sound like I'm crawling out of a cave, but when did you go to Seattle for a tournament? I don't even remember that (although I remember you saying you were thinking of going).

@AGORA: I think I can confirm myself for your Smashfest tomorrow night, I don't have conflicting plans.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
So we're gonna evolve into television set? and they're not even flatscreen.

Also, good **** card, your PT is mads good, great brawl evening. Hope you liked Elef's utilts- I mean Snake.

D@GY, I went there, I left, I went back for brawl with elef and apoc, then I left again.

See y'all at agora's tomorrow.

Card

Smash Lord
Also, good **** card, your PT is mads good, great brawl evening. Hope you liked Elef's utilts- I mean Snake.

See y'all at agora's tomorrow.
Saur Saur Saur Saur!!!!

lmao thanks. You're great with so many characters, and that Cargo-Toss-Back-into-Wall-Spike-into-Footstool was so... so... dirty. Your DK is surprisingly good, and so is your Fox especially. I don't know who you want to main yet though lol... maybe Random button? :laugh: Yea and Elef your U-Tilt is TOO GOOD (Although Bullet Seed is the GREAT EQUALIZER!!!!). Keep up those Snake shenanigans lol.

Call me anytime though dude, I'm willing to host people to Smash at my place whenever. Always good fun.

See ya at Agora's

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Btw, we're maxed out for today; if all the planned people show up, we'll be 10.
Steb, please don't forget to bring that Wii and game : P

Steb

Smash Journeyman
hey everyone,

im arthur, aka zaF, i live in chateauguay(10 min drive from montreal)

i play smash bros brawl and would like to get familiar with the montreal people and scene. If anyone wants to hold tourneys or just play in large groups, i'll always be more then willing to participate. if anyone wants to add me to msn the addy is zafro_@hotmail.com, ill post my wii friend code once i get home ( currently at school)

just wanted to say hi to everyone
I think I've played you before. Do you know someone name Flint?

Btw, we're maxed out for today; if all the planned people show up, we'll be 10.
Steb, please don't forget to bring that Wii and game : P
Got everything in my bag. And if it doesn't bother you Agony, you can bring the extra Wii just in case I do something stupid.

Suo

Smash Apprentice
I don't know...how good is the rate of response playing someone from your area playing someone here in mtl?

How often are you on wifi?
So far it's been pretty good, I played Ralph, and once my sisters were off the computers, there was only negligible lag. I try to get on Wi-fi at least 4-5 times a week, usually at around 9-10pm.

fuсk, i owned u, then u odwned me. that is so tittyfuсkedup :/ lol
ggs yo
Yea great games Ralph. Your link is beast, and hard to counter/approach. Hopefully we'll play again.

it is as bad as playing me, I'm in sherbrooke after all haha.
Ah, and our lag wasn't too bad, would've been better for me if my sis' were off the computers.

Damax

Smash Lord
So far it's been pretty good, I played Ralph, and once my sisters were off the computers, there was only negligible lag. I try to get on Wi-fi at least 4-5 times a week, usually at around 9-10pm.

Yea great games Ralph. Your link is beast, and hard to counter/approach. Hopefully we'll play again.

Ah, and our lag wasn't too bad, would've been better for me if my sis' were off the computers.
prolly 1000 times better

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Is over 9000!!!!
Maybe! Maybe.

Ago c'est possible de me donner un peu d'aide pour se soir, Je veut vraiment savoir si savez facile de venir chez toi. Pour le Smashfest.
You should clear up your PM inbox... I can't send you the directions. Anyways, I don't feel like finding my post again:
Je suis au 2275 Messier, Appartment #1.

Vla une map:
http://maps.google.fr/maps?f=q&hl=f...pn=13.660483,27.46582&ie=UTF8&z=17&iwloc=addr

Sort à la station Sherbrooke sur la Orange.
Prend la sortie de gauche et prend le bus 24 Est.
Débarque au coin Sherbrooke/Parthenais, continue un peu et tu vas rencontrer la rue Messier. Tu tournes à droite et t'es rendu.

Suo

Smash Apprentice
prolly 1000 times better
yea, it can be so frustrating though, we have 3 computers, and my wii on the same wireless network.

My sisters tend to be on the computers almost constantly, for school, talking to bf etc.

That's why I try to go on Wi-fi later, but even then sometimes they're on :S I do notice a huge difference in lag when it's only my wii, or even my wii and 1 comp.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Saur Saur Saur Saur!!!!

lmao thanks. You're great with so many characters, and that Cargo-Toss-Back-into-Wall-Spike-into-Footstool was so... so... dirty. Your DK is surprisingly good, and so is your Fox especially. I don't know who you want to main yet though lol... maybe Random button? :laugh: Yea and Elef your U-Tilt is TOO GOOD (Although Bullet Seed is the GREAT EQUALIZER!!!!). Keep up those Snake shenanigans lol.

Call me anytime though dude, I'm willing to host people to Smash at my place whenever. Always good fun.

See ya at Agora's
LOL DK SURPRISE! One day I'll be good enough to main Random, but right now I kinda boycott Sonic, Olimar and Wario just because I hate their styles. Bullet Seed IS the great equalizer! Seriously, I underestimated that move so much, I'll learn to DI the leaves. Snake's utilt is horrible, Elef you suck...

EDIT: I'll never get bored of hearing Ivy's game ending taunt XD.

Got everything in my bag. And if it doesn't bother you Agony, you can bring the extra Wii just in case I do something stupid.
Steb was typing this message at the Berri metro station. As he pressed the Submit Reply button, Steb fell on the rails and got hit by the Orange Line metro. We had lots of fun with Agony's Wii. The End.
Je suis au 2275 Messier, Appartment #1.

Sort à la station Sherbrooke sur la Orange.
Prend la sortie de gauche et prend le bus 24 Est.
Débarque au coin Sherbrooke/Parthenais, continue un peu et tu vas rencontrer la rue Messier. Tu tournes à droite et t'es rendu.
à quelle heure? 19h?

EDIT: http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=55166
this guy has the best signature ever.

Also, MTL thread will be 4 years old in a month, should that warrant a celebration?

Steb

Smash Journeyman
Steb was typing this message at the Berri metro station. As he pressed the Submit Reply button, Steb fell on the rails and got hit by the Orange Line metro. We had lots of fun with Agony's Wii. The End.
I tried plugging my Wii into the projector in the class and got caught by security today. So lucky I got away with it saying it was for a presentation, lol. Stupid things like that happen to me.

And who's the person in the black suit in RaIph's picture trying to be?

zaf

Smash Lord
I think I've played you before. Do you know someone name Flint?

yea i do know flint, did i play you at his lil party? if so hey whats up haha

yea i been playing even more seriously then i did that night, i improved lots cuz i been reading the forums and shiz.... flint should have another party so we can play some more lol

Top Bottom