• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

swordgard

Smash Hero
just saying hi, i sadly got nothing to add since this community now revolves around a bad game
Whats with all the hate, is it because of the lack of ATs, abuse of spamming/camping, buff of grabs beyond any reasonable limits, tripping, lack of hitstun, did i mention tripping and abuse of spamming, as for lack of true combos, as well as the fact that skills no longer determines the winner, without mentionning......wait a sec, maybe your right XD THIS IS NOT MELEE 2.0, doesnt mean i cant wish it was ::chuckle:

Yeah brawl was a step back compared to melee, but it does not stop it from being fresh with a breath of new, it probably wont have the metagame and deepness melee had, not the end of the world, if i recall right, my melee disc didnt self destruct when i got brawl, i can still play it.

Card

Smash Lord
Mais bon;
Alright, it's on once again. Smashfest at my place this Wednesday evening

The game: Brawl.

And that's that, who's in?
Include me and Left. *thumbs up*

Not sure if you care about out-of-towners or not, but you would probably get quite a few Ottawa people (5-10 or so).
Of course we care about out-of-towners. I wasn't sure how many people would be interested in Montreal... thats why I didn't post in the Ottawa thread.

just saying hi, i sadly got nothing to add since this community now revolves around a bad game
lmao, yea and? whats your point?

swordgard

Smash Hero
yo ralph i got 2 people to add to the list, sorry if double post important to get ur attention, anyway, here they are
Gabriel(not melaf):3609-0940-3714
Mastergamer:1590-4396-6507
Btw im gonna add everyone i didnt yet probably tonight.
EDIT: NVM about mastergamer, he posted himself under the name GUARD.....dude too many people have my name in their nicks
Swordgard whiteguard and Guard......im too good lol

Jarc

Smash Lord
TO THE CORNFIELD... BYAAAH!!!!!! (Montreal, Canada
His point is that this community revolves around a bad game. It sucks because I've pretty much stopped travelling to Montreal to chill with some of you guys because I know I'd end up having to play Brawl for X hours, which is something that I never want to do again.

If Brawl didn't exist, I'd prolly be asleep on somebody's couch, with alot of alchool in my system, about to wake up to play some melee. Instead, I've become a lazy **** that only plays CS. All because of Brawl.

cF=) t ou? kes tu fou today -_- gogo msn

Damax

Smash Lord
They don't have any points really. and I still don't approve of the pretty bad ''noobs can win at this games lolz lolz lolz no skills required'' I still don't get my *** kicked by those who couldn't beat me at melee. sorry.

you need not skills, only a brain.

its amazing though that a bad game attract so many people. I guess most music groups are bad.

though I find it rather fun, seeing people complaining, whining all because of a video game. while I enjoy it and get fun out of it.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
the following is about brawl, I'll reply to a few posts after:

ok so I'm getting better at this game. me elef and dominic go to l'enjeux (gamestore) and we got ***** by a metaknight player.

the metaknight fair/ftilt camped, he knew how to use the float in combat efficiently. Thing is, he was spamming attacks. He was brainless I'd say. You can shield, but eventually something goes through then other **** happens.
IMO, Metaknight = Fox from melee.
You need work to be good with him, but he's really good when played with techs. Also, if you know how to kill with smashes and up+B and that float cutter move, you can beat most people by spacing and spamming your fair/ftilt.

Characters with range/projectiles could have it easier. I played with Fox against him, 3 games, and he beat me 1 stock every game. I could see that he had pattern, but since he was so short, my Fox could not run through fair/ftilt, and my short hops did not allow me to effectively go in on him. I think Metaknight has the advantage over people with no good projectiles and no moves range. If someone skilled (read: skilled and smart) was to play Metaknight in MTL, he'd make it far, no doubt.
Can I get a head count for how many people would be interested in a Brawl Tourney? I'd be willing to host it at the same place as STYD1 (or somewhere better) if I get enough interest.
EDIT: (forgot to reply) with the correct advertisement, you can get a LOT of people. The game is new, a lot of people play it. IMO, if you do a good job, you'll NEED a cap. I'll go to that tournament to see how good we are, as melee vets (if we wanna call ourselves like that).
YES tournaments please!! The warrior wants many tournaments =)
You don't play brawl lol

sérieux, jcrois que c'est juste du tataouinage tout ça, on a déjà chialé des jours et des nuits, c du old news que vous aimez pas le jeu. passez par dessus. c lame quand jviens pis jsuis comme "cool charles a posté de quoi" pis le post c toi qui chiale encore sur brawl. vous devriez arrêter de chialer quand vous savez que tout ce que ça va faire, c'est attiser le feu. parlez d'autres choses, pis si y'a rien à dire, ben tant pis. Au pire, au lieu de chialer contre brawl, invitez-moi à jouer à melee. ~.~

ceci étant dit, jarc, you were missing for badminton, I had ideas, but you bailed on me. ;_;
cF, i miss you.
dragon_hawk, test/thatguy/me were all in boxers surrounded by half naked men. it was hot.

swordgard

Smash Hero
chet....ta raison pour meta, jle joue pi yer abusif en criss en general, sauf si tu trouve kkes mec ki le counter, anyway skier abusif c pas rienke son fair/ftilt, u air+ub at end kills.....but hey of course ya dautre persos encore plus abusif je crois genre du mon ki avec un tilt peuvent canceller almost any attack :p mystic sais tres bien de ki je parle lol.

EDIT:SUO PLAY ME!

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
Chet, how was it today?

I feel bad I couldn't come, since I was the one asking you for it for the longest time.

Oh well, I even had to call in sick at work (but that would have happened anyway ;) )

When's the next time were going?

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Montreal players have ego problems, do like me and participate in this forum as little as possible, gets you out of trouble!

In other news, anyone else up for Wednesday? Chet, you wanted in last time, not free this week? I think we're like... 5-6 so far, might need a second Wii and game; anyone willing?

Steb

Smash Journeyman
Montreal players have ego problems, do like me and participate in this forum as little as possible, gets you out of trouble!

In other news, anyone else up for Wednesday? Chet, you wanted in last time, not free this week? I think we're like... 5-6 so far, might need a second Wii and game; anyone willing?
I'd like to come to this if you're still not full. I can bring a Wii with Brawl and Melee.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
No prob, I can still take some more people.
So far:
Me
Right
Left
Steb
My friend

Uncomfirmed, but likely:
Daisy-Fan ( depends if you,re ok to get to my new place or not : P )
ThatGuy ( he seemed willing when I poked him about it last week )

I'll be counting on you, Steb, for the Wii and game then, let me know if you can't anymore, though.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
No prob, I can still take some more people.
So far:
Me
Right
Left
Steb
My friend

Uncomfirmed, but likely:
Daisy-Fan ( depends if you,re ok to get to my new place or not : P )
ThatGuy ( he seemed willing when I poked him about it last week )

I'll be counting on you, Steb, for the Wii and game then, let me know if you can't anymore, though.
I'll confirm when I see how things go with another plan...shouldn't be any conflict.

Kage said:
aww.. badmindton? And Kage doesn't get invited? =(
We didn't want to crush your warrior spirit.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mystic, the only reason why they act like that is because:
1- they don't care
2- they know that people will bite the bait.

Don't feed the trolls. Plus, knowing them in real life, they aren't egocentrical or asshats. Just e-thugs, and irl manmeat.

Agora, I don't know if I'm free on wednesday, but I'll go if Elef goes cause he's my team partner.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
Plus, knowing them in real life, they aren't egocentrical or asshats..
Really, i heard otherwise. I heard that their recognition got to their heads.

Oh and off topic, im revisiting movies from the early 90s and urge you all to watch Ghostbusters again, cause its just that awesome.

Kthx.

methodcobra

Smash Rookie
3136-6336-8407 †¹Ãgøn¥¹† {KÀMì}
1547-4857-5522 Agora {AGORA}
4940-5285-1738 Alopex {Lopex}
1805-1920-2841 Apøc` {Awaiting Registration}
5155-2623-1628 BentoBox {Bento}
0473-7462-6467 boxelder {ELDER}
4897-5603-1320 Card {CARD}
2492-3987-4333 CHEER {CHEER}
2964-8234-5428 Daisy {Dy-Fn}
0559-6433-6422 Damax {Damax}
4468-0637-7637 Divinokage {Awaiting Registration}
0216-0471-1036 Elefterios {Elef}
3652-0327-6154 Fogel {Awaiting Registration}
1289-7922-8937 HBK (NOWA, ORLY/YRLY/NOWA) {Awaiting Registration}
1418-6395-6263 |-|3ll0-]{!RbY {Awaiting Registration}
3308-4281-6048 Jarc {Awaiting Registration}
3609-0716-6774 Jer {Jer}
2578-2835-1461 kryptocide {°Kryp}
2578-2380-1353 MarcoMTL {MARCO}
0774-3945-3914 Melaf {MeLaF}
1461-5868-0728 Micky Mouse {Awaiting Registration}
0301-9505-9941 Minoshei {Awaiting Registration}
5327-0628-6087 Moonsault {Moons}
1976-9897-3368 -NiKo- {Niko}
5198-2183-8059 raginbull911 {Awaiting Registration} [New]
2878-9333-2277 RaIph
4081-5172-3136 Skylicious {•Sky•}
1762-2372-5291 spindash {Awaiting Registration}
3093-6752-5206 Steb {STEB}
0001-2980-1113 swordgard {AIR}
1418-6386-2033 Tank20 (Suprememan20) {Awaiting Registration}
4854-6127-7945 TestRider {SON}
4339-2199-8356 Unexplanetory {Awaiting Registration}
2535-3318-4868 Warlock*G {Awaiting Registration}
2320-5819-6222 wesk {WESK} [New]
4167-4165-2103 whitegaurd {WG}
1547-4861-0930 xigon {Awaiting Registration}
1160-9393-4287 xmhnx {Awaiting Registration

Hey guys, just wanted to say again that I added everyone on this list, so if you have a free spot, add me back! Im very active on wifi.

Good games the other day MethodCobra, and Damax too, tho we talk in Ottawa thread.
Thanks man, I'll admit the last time we meets, i wasn't in good shape but you still better then me lol. I'll have to work hard to find a way, to get the win.

Et pour la tourney, je pense pas venir car j'ai pas de cash, sur moi, si cela aurait été un samedi j'aurai été avec un ami.

Top Bottom