• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

zaf

Smash Lord
Lol, Zaf, I totally forgot that Wii could take GC games. xD

Oh, well, I don't much care if you guys want to bring your Wiis, Gcs with melee It's all good, but you better bring yourself a tv or you play on my litle tv 'cause the ones that will play brawl will obviously play on the 40 inches tv.

So, okay. I'll be calculating who's coming and if you're coming just tell me what you can bring like Zaf did.

Btw: it would be either next weeks wednesday or if you guys prefer it can be tomorrow or thursday this wee , there is no problem for me..
yea i am in definitely. Tomorrow ( Wednesday is perfect for me) or next week Wednesday is fine. Thursday sucks for me =[.

I can bring a bigger tv aswell as my wii and brawl

vrud

Smash Apprentice
Well i can probly come just need ur address to be sure pm me with it. I can bring a Tv screen its also prtty small but its good and i can bring a gamecube with ssbm but thats it.

The_K77

Smash Rookie
Smash Fest In Montreal

Ok guys bad news .. we cant do it at my place but Vek lives prtty close and we could probly do it there. He has 2 tvs and one gamecube i can also bring a gamecube and a tv screen (prtty small btw) but space can be a problem ill talk to him about it tomorrow.
lol... I'm Vek... Vrud told me about the smash fest that he started to organise at my place without my notice =)... sneaky *******... anyways... I would love to host the next smash fest...my living room is pretty big... and if there is really no more room left... we can take the bedroom.. I got 2 TVs, 2 controllers, space for 10 people max and 1 Gamecube. If you guys are coming... you should bring your own controllers... and at least 2 Gamecubes... bring one TV too and that should be it =) You'll have to bring your own food and drinks...

gotta know how much people are coming... just to not wined up being like 20 at my house =)

zaf

Smash Lord
Someone needs to shed some light of clarity on the situation.

Where are we going to play? Agony or veks?

What day/time?

BentoBox

Smash Master
With enough TVs, that shouldn't really be a problem methinks. I have flat 19" and my own gc/melee that I could bring along, for those who want to play that. I personally want to play Brawl though :p

zaf

Smash Lord
so i guess this week will be agonys place with brawl? :O
looks like me kirt, joel want to come and play that. 4 people down for that so far.

bento you should come and play brawl aswell, so i can strip you of your super scope

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Okay, I'll clarify things up as much as I can.

Vek's host seems to be mostly a melee fest and no times and dates were posted.

My host is mostly a brawl one. It's either tomorrow (if enough people are up for it or next wednesday)

So, for vek's host here are the infos:

I got 2 TVs, 2 controllers, space for 10 people max and 1 Gamecube. If you guys are coming... you should bring your own controllers... and at least 2 Gamecubes... bring one TV too and that should be it =) You'll have to bring your own food and drinks...

And for me :

I got 2 TVs, no GC controller, you bring yours. I have space for 8 people max and I have a Wii+brawl so, if we want to play brawl on 2 tvs then we need another Wii+brawl. I don't mind having people playing Melee, but you bring your own stuff, a TV as well.

How to get to my place:

No car's way:

You get to the metre, than go to the station ''Henri Bourassa''

After that you get out and get to the other side of the street ''the side of the petro-canada'' you'll see it it'll be right in front of your eyes.

After you got to the other side you take the bus 69 west, the ride is about 10-15 mins max. When you crossed under a bridge it'll be 3 station after that you have to get off the bus. So, you better be watching carefully. After the bridge there is a ''depanneur?''hmm...''drug store?'' lol don't remember the name in english..

After getting off the bus you walk about 3 mins to get to my apartment. Here is the way: http://maps.google.fr/ you type in Henri-Bourassa, Canada. then you'll be at the metro station you go down the way with ''Boulevard Gouin O'' 'till you see ''Avenue de St-Castin'' the bus station is at the end of ''boulevard de L'Acadie'' so all you have to do is get on St-Castin on the right not the left gap where it's a dead end. My apartment is 12261.

As for people with cars well, you just do the google map thing.

http://maps.google.fr/ you type in Henri-Bourassa, Canada. Then you'll be at the metro station you go down the way with ''Boulevard Gouin O'' 'till you see ''Avenue de St-Castin'' the bus station is at the end of ''boulevard de L'Acadie'' so all you have to do is get on St-Castin on the right not the left gap where it's a dead end. My apartment is 12261.

Just tell me if you didn't quite get it lol. I'll pm you with more infos...

zaf

Smash Lord
once again...=P

Tomorrow seems best for agony's place. I got the other wii + brawl so we can play with 2 ( i also have a tv if the other is too small) . I also got a car so i can pick up some people for agonys tomorrow.

Hope this helps bring more people

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
no problemo if you dont have a problem with xbox yo

thats why Im bustin out the universal stick
ish... we'll work it out I guess. =/

also, there seems to be issues in some threads with censor bypassing. I'll have to act, and all: from now on, if you have to curse or say a bad word, don't bypass, cuz it'll fall on my back if I don't do anything about it. In other words, censor bypassing = infraction. That goes for pretty much everyone, no exceptions.

in other words, I'd be down for that smashfest I guess. depends on when it is.

The_K77

Smash Rookie
another clarification

My host is mostly a brawl one. It's either tomorrow (if enough people are up for it or next wednesday)

I got 2 TVs, 2 controllers, space for 10 people max and 1 Gamecube. If you guys are coming... you should bring your own controllers... and at least 2 Gamecubes... bring one TV too and that should be it =) You'll have to bring your own food and drinks...

And for me :

I got 2 TVs, no GC controller, you bring yours. I have space for 8 people max and I have a Wii+brawl so, if we want to play brawl on 2 tvs then we need another Wii+brawl. I don't mind having people playing Melee, but you bring your own stuff, a TV as well.

How to get to my place:

No car's way:

After that you get out and get to the other side of the street ''the side of the petro-canada'' you'll see it it'll be right in front of your eyes.

After you got to the other side you take the bus 69 west, the ride is about 10-15 mins max. When you crossed under a bridge it'll be 3 station after that you have to get off the bus. So, you better be watching carefully. After the bridge there is a ''depanneur?''hmm...''drug store?'' lol don't remember the name in english..

After getting off the bus you walk about 3 mins to get to my apartment. Here is the way: http://maps.google.fr/ you type in Henri-Bourassa, Canada. then you'll be at the metro station you go down the way with ''Boulevard Gouin O'' 'till you see ''Avenue de St-Castin'' the bus station is at the end of ''boulevard de L'Acadie'' so all you have to do is get on St-Castin on the right not the left gap where it's a dead end. My apartment is 12261.

http://maps.google.fr/ you type in Henri-Bourassa, Canada. Then you'll be at the metro station you go down the way with ''Boulevard Gouin O'' 'till you see ''Avenue de St-Castin'' the bus station is at the end of ''boulevard de L'Acadie'' so all you have to do is get on St-Castin on the right not the left gap where it's a dead end. My apartment is 12261.

How to get to my place (bus):

You go to Métro Longueuil. Then you take the 19 all the way until Montée Saint-Hubert street/Davis (intersection)(kinda big) My brother will be able to come to Métro Longueuil and pick some poeple up and accompany them onto the bus all the way to my place. Once you get off the bus at Montée Saint-Hubert street/Davis intersection you walk one street corner away from Montée St-Hubert street and turn right on the first street which is Gélineau street. you go straight down along Gélineau street for 2-5 mins (depending on walking speed) and you find my adress which is 3765 Gélineau street. :)

How to get to my place (car):

You do as †¹Ãgøn¥¹† said and follow his link to the google maps webpage. From there you input your adress into the first search query and input ''3765 Gélineau, Longueuil, Qc'' and it should show you a good itenerary (way) to get to my house real quick :)

Available times:

Anytime! :laugh: week-ends would be best but I can also do it every other day of the week after 3 o'clock (3:00 pm)... that is the only restriction inside week-days but other than that we can do it anytime!

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Lol, Chet, sorry for that in the bi-week thread...

Btw, it's tomorrow at 6h pm - 11h30 pm

So, people all you have to bring by now is your controllers, we got our 2 Wiis+brawl.

Don't hesitate to pm to have more detailed informations.

So far we have:

-Zaf
-Viper
-BentoBox
-Joel
-Chet (Confirmation needed)
-Agony
-BigRick
-Damax (Confirmation needed)
-WhiteGaurd
-RaIph

No more spots. Those who haven't confirmed yet, please do so.

We might need someone to bring another Wii+Brawl. As it seems that we might set another TV.

Here is my phone number in case that you're kind of lost when you get off the bus. I'll ask someone to come with me (that has a car) and pick you up.

514-333-1532

zaf

Smash Lord
Then it's settled? a smash fest at my place next week? what day are most of you guys available... and... emm... I'm almost willing to dare calling out Damax! :p
anyday except wednesday for next week, seeing at that day is probally the bi-weeklies

edit: here agony, zafro_@hotmail.com

well, anyone else feel free aswell to add

edit2: lol i have a car, i will most probally be picking Kirt ( viper) up at angrignon tomorrow at 5:30. If anyone else wants a ride, lemme know, but you got to meet us at angrignon and be there at 5:30 aswell

Damax

Smash Lord
Then it's settled? a smash fest at my place next week? what day are most of you guys available... and... emm... I'm almost willing to dare calling out Damax! :p
Don't dare calling me. its dangerous.

if chet go and i have gaz money. and that the bird sings twice their songs of winter without a woody wood pecker interfering on their recovery. as well as agony's approval. I might show up, maybe with vwins but I wouldn't count on that. Anyone told agora? he might wanna go, prolly more than I do.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Lol, Chet, sorry for that in the bi-week thread...

Btw, it's tomorrow at 6h pm - 11h30 pm

So, people all you have to bring by now is your controllers, we got our 2 Wiis+brawl.

Don't hesitate to pm to have more detailed informations.

So far we have:

-Zaf
-Viper
-BentoBox
-Joel (Confirmation needed)
-Chet (Confirmation needed)
-Agony
-Free spot
-Free spot

2 spots left

Here is my phone number in case that you're kind of lost when you get off the bus. I'll ask someone to come with me (that has a car) and pick you up.

514-333-1532
Ayo Agony Im takin that free spot

Finally a fest that is less than 1h away from my house :)

Joel ill see ya there! iz been a while!

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Damax, you got my aproval, but I don't know If you'll get that woody wood pecker thing going on. =( I hope so for you. xD

And I'll add you to the list Rick.

I have 1-2 spots left, depending on the confirmations. 10 people would be the big maximum Tough they would mostly be sitting on chairs, not sofas. So, yeah.

Let me know people, right now. 'Cause I won't be looking very much at the forum tomorrow before about 4h pm. So, I can't really get last minutes confirmations.

I'll open it to 10 spots and see how it goes.

zaf

Smash Lord
that would be me bringing the 3rd tv seeing as it might be used, . bento you need a ride?

i got room for 3 more, im only bringing kirt as of now, first come first served.=P

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Hey guys, the Bi-Weeklies thread has been updated, and I am pleased to announce that we are back in action! Please check it out as we have our next event next Wednesday. The first post has been updated with a new time schedule, prices, and other stuff, so please check the entire post out! Also, please check my latest posts in that thread for a full detail description of the update.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=90446

And yeah alright, I'll come.

EDIT: Holy ****, Henri-Bourrassa? Zaf if you don't mind I'd like to hitch a ride with you and Kirt, I'll meet you wherever to get picked up.

RaIph

Smash Apprentice

And for me :

How to get to my place:

No car's way:

id be up for agony s fest for tomorow (ie: Wednesday May 21 2008)
(dates are always useful.. more than relative temporal adjectives like "yesteday" or "tomorow" when conversing on a messageboard based system where people post and read at different time that may be further appart in time than enough for those imprecise temporal adjectives to be meaningful let alone precise) </smartass>

cemo

white walker
id be up for agony s fest for tomorow (ie: Wednesday May 21 2008)
(dates are always useful.. more than relative temporal adjectives like "yesteday" or "tomorow" when conversing on a messageboard based system where people post and read at different time that may be further appart in time than enough for those imprecise temporal adjectives to be meaningful let alone precise) </smartass>
we're all from the same area and you can look at what time the post was made (today!)

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the heads up, Damax and Poly, but I couldn't have come anyway; leaving for Anime North early tomorrow, and I have some preparations to make tonight.

I'll do my best to show up for the biweekly, though.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
holy crap, now I see what elef meant by a crapload of smashfests. I'm lost here. I'll give info tomorrow on confirmation or whatever.

damax call me tomorrow to tell me where you are going, I'd like to play with you.

edit: agony, j'ai aucune idée de quoi tu parles, biweeklies thread what what now?

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Chet, aujourdui c'est le smash fest chez nous. La semaine prochaine c'est le bi-weeklie.

Si tu veut venir, je te conseillerais de poster avant 5h parce que sa commence a 5h30-6h pis je regarderai pas ben ben le forum aujourdui. En tk tu checkeras pour sa la.

RaIph: I'll add you to the list =D And lol, I guess you could have watched when the post was made, but if you say so. xD

Zaf, I don't know if you saw joels post, but he will need a ride as well

Joel: I think you have to meet them at angrignon at 5h30. Just have to make sure with him. Hope he sees the post.

i'm only missing the confirmation of Damax and Chet so far. After that we're full.

EDIT: Can someone bring another Wii+Brawl? I think we're setting a 3rd tv.

Top Bottom