• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

Damax

Smash Lord
bon yeay jvien a montreal ma me faire host par daisy mes bon la maintenen je cherche un smash fest ou ya ti quelqun qui srais interesser a faire un smash fest en fds ou si daisy en organise un combien serais intersser a venir?

J veut jouer le max de personne(potable a jouer lol j pense tlm les) quand jvais venir.
Pi ouin damax j aimerait bin sa te jouer sa srais cool si tu viendrais au smash fest de daisy si i en organisrais un btw le liste de monde que tu ma sortie jlai connait la ju pas nouveau sur la scene smash du Qc.
Daisy habite loin de moi pis je travaille la fds de 3pm a 11pm soooo a moin qu'Il fasse sa de 11pm à 4 am. jvois pas trop comment.

cF=)

Smash Lord
C'est l'heure d'un bon petit pétard. [/school]

Hey guys, j'ai mon char jeudi si je passe mon permis donc, peut-etre que Les Cedres deviendra plus accueillant puisque je ferai la super navette zomg.

j'voudrais juste que Jarc reserve une fds a sa maison XD

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Guys, may I make a suggestion?

We should try to establish some Bi-weeklies. Many American communites have really increased their skill by establishing such events, and I think it's about time we try to set some up. I propose that we try to find a neutral location, preferrably downtown because it's basically the center of everything (West Island, South Shore, St. whatever you can think of, Laval, etc.). Either we find a venue willing to host such events or we find someone who is willing to offer their place like I did in the past.

Montreal is pretty handicapped when it comes to smashfests, and maybe it's time we step it up. Any input/suggestions?

EDIT: edit for Shiz.

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
So okay yoras rien a faire en fds alors ou ya un smashfest ou kelkechose d autre a quelque par?
Yo that guy do you whant too do something friday after the shcool with me and daisy?Or **** someone invite me to play or anything I WHANT TOO PLAY SOMETHING :(

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Big Rick Ma, show me what you got! says:
what happens if you add an x to h4?
that would be a plausible explanation
Joel The Gangsta~~ says:
Maybe
Joel The Gangsta~~ says:
h4 = nox?
ooooooohhhh
this is it
they both use the h4x force
h4 is the light side.... nox the dark side...
Joel The Gangsta~~ says:
hax
Joel The Gangsta~~ says:
Hmm
Joel The Gangsta~~ says:
What if they fused? O.O
Joel The Gangsta~~ says:
We'd have...a gray side... ooohhhh...
h4 + nox = h4x!!!
zomg the gray side lolol
<('.'<) (>'.')>

Damax

Smash Lord
Bi weeklies would have to be at a big enough place... I don't care where it is, if it attract a bunch of smasher (more than 4 excluding me) and has more than 1 tv, I'll gladly travel if I can go to it

Black_jo

Smash Journeyman
Gab----0___o---sSMoNkEySs and Melaf---OMG OUTSMG!!!!! a dit :
COME ON ****IN **** DE NO NAME CREW NOOB CONECTER VOUS
B|@¢ĸ___JO-- Mt st-hilaire cancelled.....lame a dit :
haha no name crew
ta laissé un mess sur jv au cas ou ils passeraient

Gab----0___o---sSMoNkEySs and Melaf---OMG OUTSMG!!!!! dit :
néon<
B|@¢ĸ___JO-- Mt st-hilaire cancelled.....lame dit :
oh wwoooot!
koi
jai trouvé la name du crew!
koi
team néon!!

LOL
ses pas ma faute :psycho:
je sais!!
cest ca le plus drole
mais yo sérieux team néon c pas pire

Vous avez envoyé un wizz !

ouan

-_-

so dark si tu passes par la,
qu'est-ce t'en dis du crew name??

Agora

Smash Journeyman
If I didn't have two roommies, I'd be glad to host them bi-weeklies. Once every two weeks is no sweat (unless you're all talking about twice a week?). I got 2 TVs and two rooms to play in, too. 'Xcept the second room's the living room, so it's somewhat being used by the other two.

Regardless, we could set given days for bi-weeklies to happen (like, say, every two thursdays), see who volunteers for that given week and once it's settled we just smashfest there when the time comes. This way we could basically have some kind of calendar of future smashfests. I'd hardly see anyone volunteering to host every single bi-weeklies.

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
If I didn't have two roommies, I'd be glad to host them bi-weeklies. Once every two weeks is no sweat (unless you're all talking about twice a week?). I got 2 TVs and two rooms to play in, too. 'Xcept the second room's the living room, so it's somewhat being used by the other two.

Regardless, we could set given days for bi-weeklies to happen (like, say, every two thursdays), see who volunteers for that given week and once it's settled we just smashfest there when the time comes. This way we could basically have some kind of calendar of future smashfests. I'd hardly see anyone volunteering to host every single bi-weeklies.
agora is cool and so is his place. i like smashing at agora's.

cF=)

Smash Lord
Agora, est-ce que ta piole est facilement accessible pour le monde qui utilise le transport en commun ? J'crois qui faut considérer surtout les moyens de transport dans cette histoire là parce que j'crois qu'aucun de nous aimerais faire des aller retour en char sans arret et agir comme un taxi.

Et pour repondre à ta question, des bi-weeklies c'est un tournoi tous les 2 semaines, par l'inverse.

Jih

Smash Journeyman
tournoi tous les 2 semaines, par l'inverse.
un tournoi ou smashfest la? ... sa srais nice davoir un tournois tout est 2 smaine LOL:laugh:

btw si jamais un tel projet arrive, jvote pour une place a laval

Damax

Smash Lord
remember SFF?
LAVAL DOUCHEBAG not blainville. Learn your ****ing geography and espescially quebec's you ****ing noob.

I guess laval would have been good but they'l never finish up that metro station so its almost hopeless

I'd host bi weeklies, could almost be weeklies, have more than enough room but too far. Most montrealers will never have enough place since they live in appartments. Laval's the closest to montreal with houses. Jih's arguement still seems logical to me

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Why in Laval, though? That makes insane travelling times for West Islanders, moreso for people a bit Wester than that (Les Cedres and Rigaud specifically). I was looking more for a place that is close to a metro station for easy access, and we can worry less about busses and missing them. Plus, there's also the issue of transferring bus lines, which increases costs of transportation (since I'm sure many of us, including myself, use STM bus and metro passes).

A Bi-weekly is once every 2 weeks, sorry if that needed clarification. Whereabouts are you located, Agora?

Jo, NNR stands for Neon Night Riders, the crew from Toronto. Hope that doesn't conflict with originality ;)

Also, Bi-weeklies are sort of like tournaments, although we have to judge how big it will be from the start and continue on from there. Usually there's a miniature tournament, but if we only have groups of 10 people then don't bother. However, if we hit 16-ish then we're good to go.

Thanks for the offer BTW Agora, just don't make the same mistake as me and push it too far with smashfests; keep them regulated. Although once every 2 weeks sounds really reasonable, I had smashfests once a week + friends for hockey games...needless to say, my landlady is furious with me and we're having problems, hence...why there are no more smashfests at ThatGuy's house! =/

Does anyone else have suggestions for possible venues? I'm thinking of hotel rooms (first thing that pops into my mind), but they sound expensive. LAN centers came to me second, but they are crowded, and most likely unreliable when it comes to available TV's. Any other general ideas? Any input is appreciated. Keep in mind transportation, renting costs, availability, location, TV's provided by venue, food locations, and any other things you can think of.

BTW this will differ a bit from smashfests because this will most likely require entry fees to compensate for extra costs (food, rent, electricity).

Damax

Smash Lord
Why in Laval, though? That makes insane travelling times for West Islanders, moreso for people a bit Wester than that (Les Cedres and Rigaud specifically). I was looking more for a place that is close to a metro station for easy access, and we can worry less about busses and missing them. Plus, there's also the issue of transferring bus lines, which increases costs of transportation (since I'm sure many of us, including myself, use STM bus and metro passes).

A Bi-weekly is once every 2 weeks, sorry if that needed clarification. Whereabouts are you located, Agora?

Jo, NNR stands for Neon Night Riders, the crew from Toronto. Hope that doesn't conflict with originality ;)

Also, Bi-weeklies are sort of like tournaments, although we have to judge how big it will be from the start and continue on from there. Usually there's a miniature tournament, but if we only have groups of 10 people then don't bother. However, if we hit 16-ish then we're good to go.

Thanks for the offer BTW Agora, just don't make the same mistake as me and push it too far with smashfests; keep them regulated. Although once every 2 weeks sounds really reasonable, I had smashfests once a week + friends for hockey games...needless to say, my landlady is furious with me and we're having problems, hence...why there are no more smashfests at ThatGuy's house! =/

Does anyone else have suggestions for possible venues? I'm thinking of hotel rooms (first thing that pops into my mind), but they sound expensive. LAN centers came to me second, but they are crowded, and most likely unreliable when it comes to available TV's. Any other general ideas? Any input is appreciated. Keep in mind transportation, renting costs, availability, location, TV's provided by venue, food locations, and any other things you can think of.

BTW this will differ a bit from smashfests because this will most likely require entry fees to compensate for extra costs (food, rent, electricity).
What about parking? unless you don't care that me, vwin, bam, jih, pkm never go cause of unavaibility of parkings.

I doubt entry fees are a big deal for most peeps, but it is for me.

Jih

Smash Journeyman

your main argument to host such those smashfest/small tourni is to GET BETTER right? so if you wanna get better you have to play better people ( i hate talking like that since the main reason why we are playing smash should be for fun :ohwell: )

and if ur talking about us well im sorry but we wont travel to Mtl each 2 weeks with also the parking lot problem

laval seems fair to me since its still a traveling for us

im also suggesting kind of smashfest with 12+ people with a double elimination bracket for fun and a big random crew battle

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Entry fees are almost a must in this situation Pow, considering the scale of these smashfests we'll be having. But I would say it needs to be regulated around 5 to 10 dollars.

****! Parking! ****it Pow, it's always an issue, why can't you just walk. :urg: Hmm...well then, we'll need to find a solution to that as well.

Then maybe we can keep downtown out of our line of order. I simply want to see a solution with a metro station right next to it. There are plenty of residential-ish areas that are near metros (Cote vertu for example). Laval is almost out of the question for me personally, but if it works for everyone else, then I guess I'll live with it and try my best to make it whenever I can.

EDIT: And I understand that you guys are basically the talent Montreal has to offer (PKM, Test, and HH is basically the best we have, and chet whenever he's here). So I wouldn't want you guys to hassle yourselves for smashfests which you don't enjoy because they become a chore to you guys. Which is why I'm open for suggestions from EVERYONE. Otherwise I'd ring up my Commuity centre and see if I can get a deal, but if we have a central hub for all this activity, all the more better.

And I agree, random crew battles are very fun ;) (reminices (sp) about my smashfest with Fleur + 14 people)

Damax

Smash Lord
your main argument to host such those smashfest/small tourni is to GET BETTER right? so if you wanna get better you have to play better people ( i hate talking like that since the main reason why we are playing smash should be for fun :ohwell: )

and if ur talking about us well im sorry but we wont travel to Mtl each 2 weeks with also the parking lot problem

laval seems fair to me since its still a traveling for us

im also suggesting kind of smashfest with 12+ people with a double elimination bracket for fun and a big random crew battle
Let's not overdo it, I doubt we'll win that fight. Let them rot in Spellhold

Thatguy: for now I see so few peepole bothering about it, is it trully worth it?

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
:rolleyes: you'll be extremely lucky if you find a place as it is. near metro station=near impossible.

EDIT: i was thinking. actually at best this idea is not so bad. lets say we set it on fixed given day of the week. we dont have to go to the boards to confim if we are going, we just get there and hope other smashers will too. kinda like a gathering. like i get there and see jarc and say hey you came ya cool. kinda like one of them card shops where you expect your rival to be there, but instead its asmash. like i gots nothing to do, lets see who's at the smash center. >__________________<

Anyways....

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Let them rot in Spellhold
XD We're gonna have to continue that sometime.

Thatguy: for now I see so few peepole bothering about it, is it trully worth it?
Yes, it is. It will enhance the community to a much higher level than any of us would expect. Jih's right, I DO want to get better. And I'm sure many others would like to as well. So why not set up a halfway point for everyone to finally meet up? We have a huge community as it is right now, so getting them going shouldn't be a problem.

Pros: Neutral location that everyone can get to, no unorganized smashfests at random spontaneous moments, increase in skill and competition, expansion of the community, opportunity for those new people who don't know anyone in the community and wish to meet people in a low-risk setup (for people with wary parents, I know how you feel!), bigger and better smashfests in general.

Cons: Difficult to set up, we have to find a place, who would keep them going (A.K.A a/some head organizer(s)).

Here's another suggestion, how about we find a game store and see if we can get some space? They have an opportunity to make money, we have an opportunity to smash. That, AND we don't have to worry about organizing anything, all we need is to give them guidelines and the rest is up to them.

Let's just throw ideas out and see if we can turn theory into reality.

EDIT: Just read Elef's edit. Another fantastic idea. I remember going to card shops and seeing some friends there, and playing MTG. So, why not apply this to smash?

More ideas people =)

nox

Smash Apprentice
I think it's a great idea. A smash center would be cool, but I don't see it happening. Biweeklies are pretty much all I see happening in Montreal.

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
I DO want to get better. And I'm sure many others would like to as well.
As do I, which is why I'll add myself to this. Yea yea, I know, you guys are all thinking "him again!? He seems to exist, and claims to play smash, but so far, nobody has played him!"

If something as organized as a bi-weekly becomes set up, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make it at SOME point >_>

I'm deffinitly interested in this idea, so add another vote for it!

ThatGuy said:
[...](for people with wary parents, I know how you feel!)[...]
Was this directed at me by any chance? xD! A neutral location on a regular basis would deffinitly help bring my attendance above ZERO;)

Agora

Smash Journeyman
**** this place just got active FAST.
Okay, you guys are going for some huge things with 16+ tournies! I could host 10 at the very most, and that'd be an "at most once every 2 months" kinda thing because I'd piss off my roommates *and* it'd be such a hassle to host. By the way; my place is at Laurier station, 3 stations from Berri on Orange line, and you do need to take the bus after that, so even though it's in the middle of Montreal, it's not all that accessible.

For what it's worth, I plan on moving out in an appartment alone next July, I would totally host **** if that ever happens. Which brings question; doesn't anyone here live alone? I think people would be willing to pay a small entrance fee just to have a stable bi-weekly venue :p
You could make money with this! XD

I like the game store idea. A friend of mine works at one of those card hobby stores, and he just recently had a smash tournament there, it went pretty well. Unfortunately, the store's in Repentigny :p I'll try questionning a friend of mine who hosts a lot of card-based tournamenets around town, see if he knows game stores that'd host that kinda thing.

RaIph

Smash Apprentice
Entry fees are almost a must in this situation Pow, considering the scale of these smashfests we'll be having. But I would say it needs to be regulated around 5 to 10 dollars.

****! Parking! ****it Pow, it's always an issue, why can't you just walk. :urg: Hmm...well then, we'll need to find a solution to that as well.

Then maybe we can keep downtown out of our line of order. I simply want to see a solution with a metro station right next to it. There are plenty of residential-ish areas that are near metros (Cote vertu for example). Laval is almost out of the question for me personally, but if it works for everyone else, then I guess I'll live with it and try my best to make it whenever I can.

EDIT: And I understand that you guys are basically the talent Montreal has to offer (PKM, Test, and HH is basically the best we have, and chet whenever he's here). So I wouldn't want you guys to hassle yourselves for smashfests which you don't enjoy because they become a chore to you guys. Which is why I'm open for suggestions from EVERYONE. Otherwise I'd ring up my Commuity centre and see if I can get a deal, but if we have a central hub for all this activity, all the more better.

And I agree, random crew battles are very fun ;) (reminices (sp) about my smashfest with Fleur + 14 people)
some ideas:
- there might be adds in the yellowpages for places especially available for renting.
- styd church? a gym or anyother public place, like maybe somewhere in a shopping mall?
- des centres de jeunesses 17et-?
- schools, cegeps, univs.
- the hotel de ville might know more about renting places
- i see some crappy "internetcoffee-ish" / "small lan party shops" with like 12 pc's layring around and a clerk bored to death without customers that prolly'd enjoy convert their shop to a smashfest venue for some bling.

Jih

Smash Journeyman
Jih's right, I DO want to get better. And I'm sure many others would like to as well. So why not set up a halfway point for everyone to finally meet up?
seriously... this game is getting way too competitiv and lost the fact to play for fun

a halfway meeting point is laval.

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
a halfway meeting point is laval.
i dont know much about geography, but i do know that like maybe 90% of smashers live in montreal. so where's the logic in making it in laval? if you guys dont feel like coming down we're not going to act all emo and say fine let's do that **** in laval cos it aint fine ya know? and like alot of montrealers dont have a car and like they cant drive far places or drive at all ya know? so we try to find a location in montreal where we could make the center of everybodys location where they feel is right ok? and like fine dont come, we get better and you dont and well reach to you guys faster allright?

ThatGuy

Smash Master
ROFL Jih, I want to get better because I have fun doing it. I like to be competitive. I would be one of the forerunners for creating a power rankings panel for EC Canada if we felt like it. That's just how I am and probably how many people are. If people just want to play for fun, go for it, you'll still get better from Bi-weeklies anyways.

Way to fall asleep while reading the thread Daisy =P

Daisy101

Smash Journeyman
Gab----0___o---sSMoNkEySs and Melaf---OMG OUTSMG!!!!! a dit :
COME ON ****IN **** DE NO NAME CREW NOOB CONECTER VOUS
haha no name crew
ta laissé un mess sur jv au cas ou ils passeraient

néon<
oh wwoooot!
koi
jai trouvé la name du crew!
koi
team néon!!

LOL
ses pas ma faute :psycho:
je sais!!
cest ca le plus drole
mais yo sérieux team néon c pas pire

Vous avez envoyé un wizz !

ouan

-_-

so dark si tu passes par la,
qu'est-ce t'en dis du crew name??
:laugh: ouin je voir sa

Jih

Smash Journeyman
i dont know much about geography, but i do know that like maybe 90% of smashers live in montreal. so where's the logic in making it in laval? if you guys dont feel like coming down we're not going to act all emo and say fine let's do that **** in laval cos it aint fine ya know? and like alot of montrealers dont have a car and like they cant drive far places or drive at all ya know? so we try to find a location in montreal where we could make the center of everybodys location where they feel is right ok? and like fine dont come, we get better and you dont and well reach to you guys faster allright?
the idea of the meeting point in laval is for us HH and pkm

you seems really confiden about getting better by playing new guys in Mtl ... gl to you

RaIph

Smash Apprentice
the idea of the meeting point in laval is for us HH and pkm

you seems really confiden about getting better by playing new guys in Mtl ... gl to you
getting better is the balance between playing better people and playing more people.

Top Bottom