• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monster Mafia - Game Over

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
ee the lurker and member of the no-lynch trio?
Marshy you really need to get the stick out of your *** about no-lynching and not lump people together.

The only lynch I could have voted for was the claimed watcher, and the doctor was out. Think about it. Think about it. Think about it.

I would not have lynched the claimed watcher when the doc was out as town. No way buddeh.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Oh and Mentos, BB should have watched the claimed doc because obviously mafia was going to kill him, and as a survivor his best option was to play a townie. I'm guessing he just didn't believe jungle or something.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I wanted to post this before but I wanted to wait for Medi to officially finish the game.

Start Johns:

vote:vyse if you are town vyse than please try to be more proactive in future games.
It's been a bad time of (last) year for me, out of nowhere I got called into this one to replace (I'd forgotten I'd even signed up as a replacement), and it looked like this one really didn't need another modkill, especially from an anti-town faction. So I said "Only replace me in if there was nobody else" and there was nobody else.

I came into this game coming from behind, and amongst everything I had on my plate, I wasn't able to make a strong enough foothold for myself. I think I was okay when I was analysing people's play before (going through Marshy's play and Gheb's and whoever else, but then SQUAT V happened and I had to devote myself to that instead :(

So yeah, sorry for the less than par performance.
Same deal affected me in Tom's L4S as well.

End Johns:

Even though it wasn't hugely enjoyable for people, I do want to say I am impressed by everybody's play. I have a long way to go :dizzy:

EDIT:

So did Jungle know if he was Miller or not before being killed?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
So did Kevin/Vyse not pounce on me due to not being online at the same time or because you guys suspected it was a gambit? Was Mafia even allowed to talk with each other outside of the game?

Meh, I'm taking a long break from mafia. The severe inactivity in some of these games is unbelievable. It may be due to so many games being up at once and/or people signing up for too many games. Then there are a few people who do sign-up, play half-way through Day 1, then nearly abandon the game.

Really disappointed with Cacti's play. Only coming in to report that he was roleblocked and doing absolutely nothing else but delay hammers was... ugh.

Why did Rockin not use his safe-claim?

Kevin avoided my radar by bussing Rockin extremely early due to his off-topic posting. Not to mention Rockin/Mentos looked the part way more than Rockin/Kevin. With both Macman and Cacti looking safe, I figured scum would want a lylo situation with me alive hence Kevin's constant emphasis on me and Mentos not being TvT. Needing an extra vote to lynch me, however, sealed the deal for that scenario.

Wtf @ Bunbun watching me two nights in a row. I guess he was just trying to survive.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
It was sheer bad luck that your plan didn't get us.
If we were on at the same time, you would have won it for town then and there.

And yes, we could talk at any time.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
kevin was great and this is probably my favorite setup even with the survivor and it also had good flavor.
I do think this setup was good, but there were a few flaws that could have been a lot worse than they were.

First of all, I think Omni's ability was overpowered. It didn't wind up affecting the game, but it had the potential to singlehandedly out all the remaining mafia in the game at lylo. That is too good.

Second, mafia claims were harder than they should have been. Sure, I gave them nameclaims, but they were not especially strong names. They couldn't claim vanilla, since there were no vanilla roles. I didn't give them roleclaims, either. I don't know if this was a problem for their claims or not, but in the next game I host I intend to do something to correct this.

mod more medi
For sure.

I think I enjoy modding mafia more than I enjoy playing it.

wow. if EE didn't block Gheb than Gheb would have been killed trying to mason with Kevin.
He wouldn't have, actually.

It wasn't a typical mason recruiter role. He was limited to one person he could recruit, so I didn't see the need to give him the vulnerability of a typical mason recruiter.

Basically, the mason in this game was like a normal mason, except a bit watered down because the masonry partners had to find each other first. I wasn't going to water it down even more by giving Gheb a chance of death.

Yeah inactivity really hurt this game, was a great setup though. Kevin played an excellent game overall.
For a long time, I was sure there was no way Kevin was going to get killed.

Oh and Mentos, BB should have watched the claimed doc because obviously mafia was going to kill him, and as a survivor his best option was to play a townie. I'm guessing he just didn't believe jungle or something.
Yeah. No idea why BunBun didn't watch jungle.

I wanted to post this before but I wanted to wait for Medi to officially finish the game.

Start Johns:
I should let you know that I really appreciated the people who were willing to replace into this game, even those that later had to drop out.

The only thing I didn't like about the players in this game was the number that dropped out through prolonged inactivity, without actually telling me they'd be dropping out.

I understand that stuff happens, and I'm sorry to admit that I've done it myself, but it's really hard to deal with as a mod. I'd much rather just be told, "Hey, sorry, I'm dropping out" than to be trying to decide what to do without any knowledge.

So did Jungle know if he was Miller or not before being killed?
Yes.

Really disappointed with Cacti's play. Only coming in to report that he was roleblocked and doing absolutely nothing else but delay hammers was... ugh.
I wish Cacti had contributed more, but as a mod I had no problem with his play. Well, the fact that he didn't investigate on the last Night of the game was a bit disappointing, but it wouldn't have actually mattered much anyway.

Why did Rockin not use his safe-claim?
I actually thought that Rockin made a very smart play with this.

He had attracted attention, and his scumbuddies had decided to bus him. So he decided that he would try to out a power role, and assumed Grimmer would be a paranoid gun owner, which would be very dangerous to the mafia. So he claimed Grimmer himself, hoping to be counterclaimed.

As it turned out, Grimmer wasn't a PGO, and mentos totally missed Rockin's claim also. But the plan was sound.

Wtf @ Bunbun watching me two nights in a row. I guess he was just trying to survive.
He didn't. That's just my weird formatting.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'd like you to host more but I greatly prefer games with a couple vanillas (personally I'm not fond of the idea of giving all players PRs) - 4 is imo a safe number. If you're going to give all players PRs then you should give mafia safe roleclaims for sure or else mass roleclaims will break the game. In this case it was fortunate that some of the town PRs didn't give information about a players allignment (Omni, Mentos, BB, Riddle/Matunas) but some PRs are easy to verify so you need to be careful about that if you consider giving all players PRs in the future.

Using 4 Vanillas with really minor characters and thus leaving scum some stronger names to claim like Tom did in FFVII also works out well because it allows scum to safely claim vanilla and there's still no way to break the game with a mass claim.

:059:

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Poor Kevin :(
EE you obviously should've bussed Rockin.

:059:
Actually, that was the plan from D1.

At the very start of D1, KevinM planned to bus me (of course, he asked cause he wasn't a douche :p). The thing is, it wasn't a main plan, but it was something he's gonna do (which was why he was attacking me so early.) EE came in and soon agreed on the plan. Thing was, I was just making it hard for them to bus me (it's to further convince they were town). I know I was attacking KevinM a bit more then EE cause I felt like his reason on me was small more as him making a mistake. I garantee you if EE was still playing, he would've been on my ***. No lie D:

Feeling the time was near, I decided to just go and pull up a convincing random character from the show. I saw Grimmer and decided to claim PGO. Didn't expect Marshy and everyone else to back off (or to even claim). I didn't want to go with a nameclaim cause I wanted to give out the illusion that Medi didn't provide the mafs safeclaims. So that when nameclaims are issued, they're completly safe.

I did not expect Mentosman AT ALL for getting lynched, even counting my last post. It's....kinda hilarious.

I just wished I played a bit better as scum in this game. Felt I was kinda meh, considering I attracted attention so early. D:

Good stuff regardless KevinM. Same to you, Vyse and EE.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
First of all, I think Omni's ability was overpowered. It didn't wind up affecting the game, but it had the potential to singlehandedly out all the remaining mafia in the game at lylo. That is too good.
Yea' like... I told you on AIM that after my first gambit failed (trying to clear town/scum by hammering) that my future second gambit would be awesome ONLY if I made it to lylo. Revealing only half of my role made it seem favorable for scum to keep my in lylo due to not being able to hammer (making a quicklynch more feasible if necessary). Also, playing actively enough that suspicion could be drawn to me was just further bait to keep me in lylo since 1v1'ing anyone else after Marshy died would have been tough. Idk if it was the best move but getting rid of Mentos was essential due to his roleclaim because if he was scum it would totally screw up the setup.

But yeah, this role was awesome but I had to figure out a way to stay neutral the entire game. Too townie or helpful = nightkilled. Too suspicious = lynched.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Marshy you really need to get the stick out of your *** about no-lynching and not lump people together.

The only lynch I could have voted for was the claimed watcher, and the doctor was out. Think about it. Think about it. Think about it.

I would not have lynched the claimed watcher when the doc was out as town. No way buddeh.
Not that I had any hand in this game, but this doesn't respond to his accusation that you lurked. And it doesn't really matter what the context is, no lynching usually puts you in a bad light no matter what if you're only one of few doing it. If you're scum, put your vote on anyone.

Top Bottom