• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mods Please Close

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
I've always found Olimar to be a bit overpowered. A few white Pikmin on ya followed by a quick Fsmash means instant death. Unfortunately, I think I may have discovered something that makes him even more broken than he already is.

So my friend and I were playing some friendly matches at my house to warm up before a tournament. I chose Marth and he got Olimar through random. I start out and, to be honest, I was kicking his ***. Suddenly, I go in for a dash attack, and he uses his Down Special, Pikmin Order, and my attack does nothing. He takes the damage, but he stays in place where he is. No knockback at all. Needless to say, we were stunned. We decided to test this move out some more to see to what extent it would block attack. As it turns out, it will even absorb Marth's Critical Hit. Holy God. We went to the tournament and decided to see if the move is viable fore competitive play. Yeah, it is.

I'll put up a replay in a little bit to demonstrate. If this is common knowledge or at least already known, feel free to have mods lock this thread.

(I'll also be posting this in tactical discussion.)

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
SAF Whistle is only handy when you're on really high damage, in the air and you play someone that is very good in faking aerials. Just do a SAF, then a Dodge at the end of the SAF, dodge again, SAF, etc.

I lol'd. I was expecting some major stuff in here and then I find this. :')

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Me too i thought this was like some super revelation that would Make Olimar like SuperGod and a half

pero no gracias, porque el informacion es malo.
Spanish = Fun

Olimarman

Smash Ace
Even though almost every Olimar player knows of this technique already, kudos to finding this on your own.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
IWontGetOverTheDam, (kinda emo eh?) read the second link in my sig.(no offense or nothin.)

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Oh, wow. Boy is there egg on my face. I've never really played Olimar before, and being flamed to hell by Olimar mains is a bit embarrassing.

@DanGR: Are you implying that I don't know how to make a good thread just because I discovered something (on my own, by the way) new about a character that I have never played before, nor have I learned of any ATs for said character? Because that's being a bit pretentious, no?

P.S. Mods, feel free to lock this.
P.P.S. Thank you to Olimarman and Kashakunaki for their positive comments rather than telling me how dumb I am for not knowing the nuances of a character I never play. :)

WhoseReality?

Smash Apprentice
Oh, wow. Boy is there egg on my face. I've never really played Olimar before, and being flamed to hell by Olimar mains is a bit embarrassing.
I appreciate that you decided to try and come through with what you thought was new information. At least in my opinion, Olimar is kind of desperate for a new find and it could very well be someone completely out of the blue to show it to us. Don't feel bad, bro.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer

@DanGR: Are you implying that I don't know how to make a good thread just because I discovered something (on my own, by the way) new about a character that I have never played before, nor have I learned of any ATs for said character? Because that's being a bit pretentious, no?

P.S. Mods, feel free to lock this.
P.P.S. Thank you to Olimarman and Kashakunaki for their positive comments rather than telling me how dumb I am for not knowing the nuances of a character I never play. :)
no, no, no. I'm not saying your dumb or anything. I can perfectly understand you not knowing that the whistle has super armor. No big deal. I wouldn't call any of this flaming until you see some of the other threads people have made out there. I point out my sig to everyone that posts a thread about something that's already been discovered. I'm sorry I came out that way. :ohwell:

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Ight, let the thread die until the mod of Olimar forums can close it. Posts after this one, no matter what they say, will be warned.

Top Bottom