• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

Miztik

Smash Master
modesto tournament vids are going up soon (for sure this time)

and i'm down to smash whenever that happens. just let me know
we should play soon, im trying to get back into smash like lately ive been having the urge to play and i want to work on my falcon/falco

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
spenser, you go, girl!

nick, what's your channel on youtube? did you ever post it?

brandon, ima get up in dat ***, aight?

anthony, you say falcon/falco then we play and the game yells "DONKEY KONG" right in my ear. i don't know about your mewtwo and i don't wantwo. lol

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
gigigigigigiigigiigUUUUAAAAAHHHH

jamie, you should find a way over here and play smash. do it.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
nick, when's the tourney. i wanna update thread title with the date.

jr, idk where your wallet is. haven't seen it.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
lol no. he's in keith's room and at the time it was really hot in there from 3 dudes in the same room with the window closed.

now i can't get at his dk because he's raiding in wow trying to down lich king, i think. i hope he fails because he's a ******** faygott

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
if you can find transportation, i'm sure you can come to keiths.

i've still never played you for more than a few matches in a row.

and i won't go samus if you don't want me to. haha i know fighting samus is gay.

if you can find transportation, i'm sure you can come to keiths.

i've still never played you for more than a few matches in a row.

and i won't go samus if you don't want me to. haha i know fighting samus is gay.
The usual scenario:

Sup Kenny, let's play some matches

Kenny: Sure *picks samus* I like to warm up with samus

Me: :ohwell: *play 3 matches or something*

Kenny: I ****ing hate this game

/end

I actually don't mind playing samus. I hate playing against low tiers because everyone knows how to play gay against fox and I have to spend like two matches to figure out the match-up. I usually just switch to sheik or peach in such a case (but then they switch to some high tier character)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
if you want a certain match up, let me know.

like if you wanna play my fox or peach ever, just tell me.
only in rare circumstances would i refuse.
i don't mind going sheik/marth/falco/whoever either but prolly not for like 10 straight matches.

so are you coming over? i wanna play now. hah

if you want a certain match up, let me know.

like if you wanna play my fox or peach ever, just tell me.
only in rare circumstances would i refuse.
i don't mind going sheik/marth/falco/whoever either but prolly not for like 10 straight matches.

so are you coming over? i wanna play now. hah
I'll let you know if I can go over tomorrow. I rather play your best characters. Variety is also good for match-up experience

I'll have spenser to teach me how to play against sheik though I've never had all much trouble against her

edit: HOLY ****. Shoddy battle's shaky got 2nd place in doubles at MLG. Too good. He plays Ness and he's priy gud. He also got 10th for singles. Man this makes me feel like a good brawl player all of the sudden haha.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
kk cool. maybe nick and jamie will want to play too.
to be honest it'll be so crowded in keith's room that i won't want to be in here. haha

if nick comes, he should bring a tv or two so we can play in the garage. it's surprisingly cool in there for the summer heat and those lil onedollar tv buddies are too good/convenient.

mlg's top 16 consisted of 8 metaknights and no other character repeated.

an ike, a ness, a pikachu, and i think a luigi and lucario too.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
Man, after watching JRs matches with dp, I really wanna go through some sort of training regiment with jr to make sure he wins that mu everytime.
It would probabaly be done to the theme of rocky 4 (hearts on fire, i believe it was called)

The usual scenario:

Sup Kenny, let's play some matches

Kenny: Sure *picks samus* I like to warm up with samus

Me: :ohwell: *play 3 matches or something*

Kenny: I ****ing hate this game

/end
Yeah, sounds about right. . . .

Ive actually never played kenny's samus. (didnt know he had one). . . .

. . .i wnna play it now. . . . =*(
I hate playing against low tiers because everyone knows how to play gay against fox and I have to spend like two matches to figure out the match-up.
Dam, it only takes you two matches to learn it?
Teach me how, mang! I need to work on that roy **** =D
aw man aight

i will be in vegas by friday
dude! did you wanna meet up when you got here?

I mentioned it in my last post or two, but didnt get a reply

your nonresponse might have meant 'no', but not sure. . ..

you 21 years of age or +?

EDIT: heyo JOON! where are you?
hows the training going?
any update on apex?

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
im not bad vs falco at all, thats the first time dp has beaten me in grand finals. we're about even in tournament wins and playing vs each other. me vs dp pretty much comes down to who is most warmed up when we play, and he was more warmed up than i was in grand finals, since he pretty much ran a train on losers bracket when i eliminated him. i however was just watching all the tourney matches and waiting to play him again =/

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
im not bad vs falco at all, thats the first time dp has beaten me in grand finals. we're about even in tournament wins and playing vs each other. me vs dp pretty much comes down to who is most warmed up when we play, and he was more warmed up than i was in grand finals, since he pretty much ran a train on losers bracket when i eliminated him. i however was just watching all the tourney matches and waiting to play him again =/
i wanna play jr in friendlies

but that feels impossible

we had like 2 hours straight of the best fox dittos ive had to date

i just hope u guys can come down or something, id be stoked

and i havent played dp in a KOOL minute

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
oh, I wasnt suggesting that you were bad vs falco or that you never win. . . . I just thought I could help you in specific spots in matches in order to make the matches not as close. . .
. . . but you know what, other fta members could prolly get you better warmed up for that match then I could for that matter. . . .

any big reason you went fox and didnt stick with marth? it seemed as if you were more comfortable with marth and he was edging you out in technicals/timings during most of your guys' confrontations in the fox/falco matches

and btw, that last combo in the 1.1 match made me =O

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
ehhh, i went fox cus i felt i play best with fox under pressure. my marth is consistently good, but i cant press the **** button as often as i'd like on him, if that makes any sense lol.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Alright you guys, I still suck but I'm going to try to get better by practicing in my room with the lights off

P:

then I will return to socal and make it out of pools at some big tournament

I need to play brawl more. I need to get that adapting ability back. Too much stubbornness from melee. Need to be patient, but I feel like I am doing bad by being too patient sometimes.

Also I am going to start counterpicking for real in friendlies. I haven't experienced how counterpicks feel and it's an essential part of this game especially with someone like fox

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
john, the things that make dp different from any random norcal smasher who has falco as a secondary prolly isn't something you'd be able to just pick up and be good at. no offense, but i bet jr can handle your falco with relative ease. haha
and even if i did have a samus, you're the samus slayer, remember? you'd wreck me all day.

spenser, are you in modesto right now? modesto should smash tomorrow.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
! BLOCK OF TEXT ALERT !

spense isn't back yet, but when he does get back we'll play for sure. And I'm busy tmw but maybe I could do something on wednesday

Tournament date hasn't been set yet, but i'll let you know when it is. As Adaias suggested earlier though, would everyone be fine with expanding the stage list a bit for the next tourney? If you guys wanna see a stage on the legal stage list, let me know. Just throwin it out there though that regardless of what you guys say, **** like flatzone ain't gonna be legal

I played SC2 for the first time today though LOL. Finally got my beta key working at 8pm, 4 hours before the beta closed. Su came over and we took turns playing matches and discovering all the new ****. We played 10 games total though and only lost 1 each. Su lost to a Toss player who ***** him with carriers, and I lost to a zerg who dropped hydras in my main, used a nydus canal to send in ultralisks, and attacked my entrance with lings all at once. We won the 5 placement games we played though and got a platinum rank or whatever. The last game was pretty funny though because the guy su was playing just tried to stall until the beta ended so he wouldn't officially lose. Su still managed to beat him 30 seconds before the server shut down haha. Oh, and I hooked my laptop up to our 60 inch plasma tv so it displayed everything on there while we were playing. that **** was ****ing epic

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
hey, how are you guys getting sc2 betas? or is that a dumb question and I should just be looking on the blizzard website? Im pretty lazy. . . .

and I guess my comment to jr came off as alil assinine =p.
I wasnt gonna help him by playing my falco (it's horribad, btw), just mearly look at his matches with him and point out certain spots where he could avoid putting himself at risk to die or spots where he could better maintain pressure on dp. . . I realize that both players change their games up mid-game, but at the same time, old habits die hard; and we all have em
It was merely a thought, as I prolly wont even be in cali to have the chance to help him anytime soon. . .

and lol, thanks for the samus slayer title, even though I think my inactivity in the mu has caused me to lose it (that, and I cant beat hugs . . .=( lol).
Still would have been fun, seeing how tech you like to be with fox/falco i would like to see how that would reflect on ur samus. I would also have no problem being like fox or link for it even.

you should all travel to vegas. . . .

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Tournament date hasn't been set yet, but i'll let you know when it is. As Adaias suggested earlier though, would everyone be fine with expanding the stage list a bit for the next tourney? If you guys wanna see a stage on the legal stage list, let me know. Just throwin it out there though that regardless of what you guys say, **** like flatzone ain't gonna be legal
i'm gonna put a lot of thought into the stage list and post one in a bit that i like to see what you guys think. just gonna toss it out there so idk if you ignore it. haha

and cool sc2 story. that's the ultimate attempt at clocking someone out. haha
hey, how are you guys getting sc2 betas? or is that a dumb question and I should just be looking on the blizzard website? Im pretty lazy. . . .
i think you're a bit late because i'm pretty sure the beta servers went down permanently.
(i'm not 100% on that though...)
and I guess my comment to jr came off as alil assinine =p.
I wasnt gonna help him by playing my falco (it's horribad, btw), just mearly look at his matches with him and point out certain spots where he could avoid putting himself at risk to die or spots where he could better maintain pressure on dp. . .
mybad for being a jerk and telling you that your falco sucks. hahaha naw i'm kidding.
that actually sounds like it would be helpful. if i had current vids up that i felt ok about, i'd like to watch them with someone (like you) and try to see what they see that i might not see.
nothing wrong with a new perspective.
and lol, thanks for the samus slayer title, even though I think my inactivity in the mu has caused me to lose it (that, and I cant beat hugs . . .=( lol).
Still would have been fun, seeing how tech you like to be with fox/falco i would like to see how that would reflect on ur samus. I would also have no problem being like fox or link for it even.
one of the things i like about samus is that i'm forced to play a little more simplistic (aka technically less options than fox), but it's still me so i try platform cancels and all that garbage.
i haven't put a lot of time into samus yet, but it'd still be really fun to play your fox(andfalco) with her.
you should all travel to vegas. . . .
kk, be there in ten minutes...

Miztik

Smash Master
Also I am going to start counterpicking for real in friendlies. I haven't experienced how counterpicks feel and it's an essential part of this game especially with someone like fox
well for one you wont experience "true" counterpicking playing friendlies, even if you know you both are trying to be serious about it, you'll both also know the out come has no meaning, i think you'll have to go to a norcal tourney like a cgc or combo food in a real tournament atmosphere.

i dont know your idea of counterpicking (not trying to attack you or your understanding of counterpicking) but to me counterpicking to you is just "oh he went marth i should go shiek because of match up advantage shiek may have.

counterpicking match up its only a part of counterpicking, you have to take stage into consideration, along with the potential character switch and even style switch coming with the character being chosen. all which i dont think you can experience from playing friendlies.

well thats all in my opinion

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
why the **** does that whole post make sense??
lol i'd expect you to be a **** and/or **** with him before you say some legit advice.

now is where adaias will be the old me and say "i know that already, but..."

that's how i used to respond to all advice. lol too good.

edit: adaias, did you say you will smash today? i'm hella down. even if it's just you who comes over.

edit2: am i spelling your name right? ha i never questioned it until now... or did i?

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
super smash brothers melee
super smash bothers melee
super smash bothers me
super amsah bothers me
uber amsah bothers me

smash today? anyone?
or tomorrow, since that's good with nick.......

Top Bottom