• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
foy focus on a main and trust me u will get way better

and dont make it kirby/bowser, u won't get anywhere (unless u want.... i guess)

top 8 characters preferably, or top 11, take ur pick
fox falco sheik falco peach falcon puff ic's (samus doc ganon)

tourny viable, only the top 7 win tournys, ic's can definitely pull second or 3rd at majors though

mad respect if u main ic's :) do it son

if u are an EFFING BEAST like taj and germ maybe you can do it, but those guys are one in a thousand

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
^ agreed
I also realized afer playing with narf, foy, and moon, that main-ing a character lets you do things and understand your character/matchup moreso than people who second/third that character can. Being a better overall player simply doesnt come close to making up for not having the same main.
So yeah, pick a character, foy, in this childrens' sumo game, and pwn (who uses that word anymore)
EDIT: O yeah, btw andre, saying that only top 7 win tourneys. . . you know that a roy took one down? In antioch, final match on corneria, son! it was pretty F'in epic.

pac won by a landslide.. but i already knew it would happen!

cotto was way too slow. ive seen all his fights and he doesnt match pac's speed. as shown in tonights fight.
Well, thanks jr! I was TRYING to keep it a surprise. now you went and blew it!! :,( . . .

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
awww, pweeeeaaaze? my commentary would no where close to what I usually say during my matches =p

and yeah, kenny would be pretty good

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
so it was mango zhu ss lucky for top 4? then i heard macd lovage tied for 5th

good **** mccain

ah hear

macd beat hugs haha

Yeah Andre. MacD did well. I heard some rumors about MacD getting ranked soon.

I liked the matches for zhu, SS, and lucky. Mango almost got DQ'ed for going out to by pizza right before GFs haha. The mango matches weren't anything amazing to watch, though.

Axe's pikachu is AMAZING, gettin off on lovage in crew battles

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
macd deserved to be ranked a long time ago lol

in tourny he's beaten brandon kfc connor lucky hugs axe i think forward before and plenty of other people (usually foxes/falcos) who i forgot

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha yea he hasnt beaten me in tourny yet though, i've gotten off on him since day 1!!!

get at me mccain!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to play macd some day soon. Been playing monopoly with shoddy battle people like Colin and some other friends. Fun stuff.

Man I'm so slow at figuring things out. I looked at how mango played and it's all about getting good position on the stage (platforms)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ahhhhh ****

analytical thinking can only get u so far!!!!!!!! u need the intuition and instinct to **** in a true battle!

there needs to be a balance of the two ways of thinking

sometimes i seriously start ****** 5x harder when i stop thinking

i did this in my set vs bizzarro flame

i definitely was playing unsafe and dumb with falco sometimes in that set, but i knew i was gonna win so i went autopilot and just did what i knew what i was gonna do lol

confidence can do that

I usually play on autopilot when I play melee unless it's for tech chases. But intuition is good sometimes for a game like melee. I'm going to take into account stage positioning when I play melee now. Need to reach that "good" level of playing eventually.

I need more match-up experience with floaties

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Who's Modesto's best commentator outside of HMW? We should vote on that.
kenny has good commentary on
day to day life

but as far as
matches
, who knows
awww, pweeeeaaaze?
my commentary would no where close to what I usually say during my matches =p

and yeah,
kenny would be pretty good
oiuytrewasdxcvb
Yeah, I vote Kenny for best commentator in Modesto
Kenny is
not
the best commentator in modesto

Silence is

let that guy do it
wow guys. i guess it's official.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
qft
. . . . Oyea! He HAS beaten Jr before, hasn't he?
I almost forgot. . . . . =D
hahha me too, bro. how could i forget. now i'll never forget again.
haha yea he hasnt beaten me in tourny yet though, i've gotten off on him since day 1!!!

get at me mccain!!!!!!!!!!!!
play him in tournament. i bet he'll beat you.
analytical thinking can only get u so far!!!!!!!! u need the intuition and instinct to **** in a true battle!

there needs to be a balance of the two ways of thinking...
confidence can do that
actually. i thought this was my problem. that i my auto-pilot was garbage lol.
now i realize that analytical thinking IS all you need.
i just need to learn how to do it faster so i'm always on the ball.
i have been improving my auto-pilot on accident by spacing better and reacting faster.
I'm learning how to do things RIGHT.

get at me.
lmao nice

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
wb kenny! I miss the old avatar. . . =,(

I actually dont know how the peach IC matchup would even look like, tactically. Is peach really dependent on turnips in order to offset popo n nana? Does losing nana change the tide a much as it does for other matchups?

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
wow guys. i guess it's official.
yeah. you are great at commentary
and spoiler usage

also:

When I'm troubled or frustrated, I watch the movie 'Forrest Gump.'
"Life is like a box of chocolates. Just as the taste is different for each chocolate that we pick, the results can be different based on what we choose in our lives."

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I play on autopilot 95% of the time, and my autopilot is complete ****. I rarely actually focus and put thought into playing, but when I do I can be pretty decent.

Oh, and good **** MacD

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
I DO remember everything, including your STAI-EL! mindgames!!
MShake, winner of the antioch grand mellee championship! beat foy in a roy vs bowser grand final!!! Put that one in the record books! RDY 2 HYPE UP 4 AGMC2? do it, son! maybe you'll make money this time for getting first. HAHA

and I def need focus to play, I can autopilot against climbers and all other chars under me in the tier list, it seems, but putting it on for everyone above just gets me whOOOOped. . . and gimped, and molested, and sodomized. . . .

. . . . =(

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
actually I tried using a new way to say style. Then be like "mindgaming!" you cause I said I was in your head . . . . but. . . yeah. . . I'll shut up now

I suck at this game it seems. . . . .

MacD

Banned via Administration
**** tho, I haven't had any desire to play zelda in months. Probably cuz she sucks
haha, zelda's too good, me and sfat did double zelda teams against pb&j and toph's double fox, super fun times, we did a double sweet spot lighting kick, like hit one of them at the exact same time, hecak ****

in tourny he's beaten brandon kfc connor lucky hugs axe i think forward before and plenty of other people (usually foxes/falcos) who i forgot
never player forward, and pika is freaking hard, so are foxes and stuff, though i lose to random jiggs :( i hate that match up but there is no reason for me to suck at it as much as i do

and thanks guys, i'll be reppin modesto all the way

Top Bottom