• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
double puff sounds kinda bad... but fun to play against.

i need to smash at least once when i go back.
just for old times' sake.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
is modesto going to go to tournaments again??????????

concord is a bit far for us....lol didn't realize it was quite so far away

MacD

Banned via Administration
isn't it just like going to the bay??

and you guys need to man up, i drove from the south side of turlock, you guys are on the north side of modesto. you save at least 20 minutes from what i had to do

hell, i'd even pick you guys up

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Oh crap I forgot about that. What happened? LOL

Edit: Su's telling me about it now. Stages were Final Destination, Dreamland, Fountain of Dreams, and Battlefield. 3 Stocks instead of 4. Tournament was single elimination. Adaias got 2nd, Su got owned first round haha

Edit 2: I'm sadly can't afford anything right now so I'm gonna have to pass on going to Concord.

Edit 3: I think I'm gonna start hosting tournaments again. I found a really nice venue. It's not perfect but it's got 4 large LCD TVs and a few couches plus a ton of open space. It's quite a bit nicer than Kriers since it's about twice the size and they already have a bunch of various games and consoles there. The owners are actively looking for someone to host tournaments there because they want people to come in and potentially buy stuff. The only downside is that it's in manteca so it's not quite as close for most people in the area. Like Kriers though, it's also a card shop and they get about 40 people every saturday for the various card game tournaments they host. They assured me that quite a few people would be interested in umvc3 and street fighter tournaments if I hosted them, so if I decided to do that I could probably get some pretty good numbers. I'm sure there'd be some people interested in smash as well. Anyway, I'm thinking about hosting a bunch of random tournaments there, possibly as soon as next month. Tell me what you guys think and if you'd be interested in going if I did.

Edit: Su's telling me about it now. Stages were Final Destination, Dreamland, Fountain of Dreams, and Battlefield. 3 Stocks instead of 4. Tournament was single elimination. Adaias got 2nd, Su got owned first round haha
basically everyone played peach and samus because it was IMPOSSIBLE to play any other character reliably. Even I played peach most of my games. I brought out fox as a counterpick on battlefield a couple of times LOL. I had to play like 4 peaches / samuses. It was just terribad overall. Su tried playing marth and he got destroyed for it LOL. I practiced marth a bit but it was just all bad. I couldn't even short hop laser with fox. It just didn't work. DADS metagame tournament right there

The video I linked pretty much sums up how the games played out.

Edit 2: I'm sadly can't afford anything right now so I'm gonna have to pass on going to Concord.

Edit 3: I think I'm gonna start hosting tournaments again. I found a really nice venue. It's not perfect but it's got 4 large LCD TVs and a few couches plus a ton of open space. It's quite a bit nicer than Kriers since it's about twice the size and they already have a bunch of various games and consoles there. The owners are actively looking for someone to host tournaments there because they want people to come in and potentially buy stuff. The only downside is that it's in manteca so it's not quite as close for most people in the area. Like Kriers though, it's also a card shop and they get about 40 people every saturday for the various card game tournaments they host. They assured me that quite a few people would be interested in umvc3 and street fighter tournaments if I hosted them, so if I decided to do that I could probably get some pretty good numbers. I'm sure there'd be some people interested in smash as well. Anyway, I'm thinking about hosting a bunch of random tournaments there, possibly as soon as next month. Tell me what you guys think and if you'd be interested in going if I did.
I'll go to these. I'm probably going to start playing magic the gathering too so I'm going to clean up both Krier's and Manteca if possible

I'm going to see if I can find a day I can host a smashfest or something at my house. Just have to pick a day where my family's out doing something so that it's not too hectic with all these little kids since I'm the oldest one.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
isn't it just like going to the bay??

and you guys need to man up, i drove from the south side of turlock, you guys are on the north side of modesto. you save at least 20 minutes from what i had to do

hell, i'd even pick you guys up
it's not about manning up, it's about me being flaky about playing smash at a tournament :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sysDfK0HzHU&feature=plcp

^melee tournament on HD LCD tvs at CSU Stan. Man that was ridiculously bad LOL
oh god LOL

i'd do it for sure...................no really i would lol

wow if it's in manteca, i might wind up playing against random manteca high schoolers. who might or might not be in one of my classes at one point...? that'd be funny for sure

I'll go to these. I'm probably going to start playing magic the gathering too so I'm going to clean up both Krier's and Manteca if possible

I'm going to see if I can find a day I can host a smashfest or something at my house. Just have to pick a day where my family's out doing something so that it's not too hectic with all these little kids since I'm the oldest one.
mtg is expensive to get into now isn't it?

also the suuwofest is a go for me too when/if it happens

Yeah Magic's entry is like $200-300 dollars which is something I can manage by selling some of my yugioh stuff that I dont need to enter tournaments.

As for inviting people over, it'll probably happen some time before thanksgiving.

It's pretty hard to convince people who don't have the will to go through any means to get better especially when the expected value is negative for the event. You two have a good chance of earning something back while we don't.

I'm busy all this week, I would have gone just for friendlies or whatever though.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i never get top 3 when i go to concord lol

in valley tournaments i always get 1st (or 2nd if it's bizz)

but at concord i usually get like 9th

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Oh, well if you're driving andre I'd probably be down to go. I'm not gonna enter or anything but I'll go for friendlies

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hHEhehEHhehEH

ill let u know

cuz i might have a meeting on saturday in brentwood and end up staying the night there

ill try to find out today

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
see, the reason why i said that is cuz i'd be willing to drive if i decided to go too

the smash minivan legend needs to be reborn

but i'm not sure whether i'd want to or not (it'd only be worth it if at least 3 other modesto ppl wanted to go)

if i went i'd enter for sure though. no reason to skimp out just to save like ten bucks, gotta play people and meet other tournament players and friendlies are great but paying to go 0-2 or 1-2 is totally worth it to have serious sets against ppl you've never played before. that's the most exciting kind of melee

the man

Smash Apprentice
I'm down for rule 6 or any other smash related events going on. Gotta take off my training wheels somewhere.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i'd be happy to take the man to rule 6

ok i'll talk to my friend if we're gnona have that church meeting saturday night

then i can figure out what to do bout the tourny

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
speaking of mtg...

i've been playing that nonstop recently. i got first at a standard tournament 3 weeks ago :D

i also have some casual level standard decks if anybody wants to play! (speaking to you suwoo)

Jr has the spirit to win. I'm slowly going to get into MTG cause its expensive. I got the money, but ill probably just wait for ebay deals and what not until I finish my jund deck. I wanted to build it even before it rose back up again. Made me sad that some of the cards for it tripled in price :(

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
not today but tomorrow morning let's try to gather at my place around 830 am

or maybe my place first, and then nick's place on the way

who's coming with????

the man and nick?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Concord tournament Anthony :) text me 2096046978. I'm giving rides tomorrow morning. I want to leave at 830

Gas money would be helpful

:phone:

Top Bottom