• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah first 20 episodes are basically the same stuff from the original version. There's not really any reason to watch 'em

That's true. Mango's scared of good ICs. Pretty rare seeing a hard counterpick from him.

I finished my bio project just now. Time to do my history paper. Man junior year is something. I'm getting double essay tech skill from spanish and history since they require in-class essays very often (especially Spanish AP).

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
lumps, watch star trek. . . . totally now boring

I think i got a lot better at cgc, moreso than i did at ownapalooza

my defensive abilities are rising while it seems that I dont go for as many reads as I once did. . . . .

I kinda am bummed i didnt play sidFX or any other ICs that day, though. . . joon did, I'll have to get some tips from him. . . .

on that note. . .

andre, let's go already. . .can you go to jr's sometime soon?

one more thing, I rewatched a few DBZs. and can someone tell me why dubs are so much more preferred compared to the english version? Ive heard it's due to the ****ty english voice acting. . . but I just cant hear it, i guess.
Maybe it's also because Im too used to Goku's voice. And, . . . you know. . .he actually sounds like a guy =p

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
darn, standing still sounds fun, i wish I could stand still. . . . . *cough*bytch*cough*

I was only looking for basic tendencies, if any, that you noticed while facing bob

MasterShake

Smash Lord
He likes to desynch an ice block or blizzard if you camp him. If he recovers at mid height he likes to drop down low with the sideb if you try to predict his recovery.

Foy

Smash Champion
Yo guys. my falcon vs George-is falcon MM this summer, This kids gonna get wrecked so bad. So much training im getting.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
man the **** up and go rewatch the big lebowski
i've never seen the big lebowski
*waits for stones to be thrown*
cool cool

i wanna watch fma
i wanna rewatch it, but i wonder if i'll get bored during some parts since it was so fun to watch things unfold the first time... hrmm...
I want to get better faster too so you have to improve for that to happen :)
i tried using that against andre before... it wasn't very effective.

(still want to play you...)

one more thing, I rewatched a few DBZs. and can someone tell me why dubs are so much more preferred compared to the english version? Ive heard it's due to the ****ty english voice acting. . . but I just cant hear it, i guess.
Maybe it's also because Im too used to Goku's voice. And, . . . you know. . .he actually sounds like a guy =p
oh man, with some anime's, i see it. but honestly, i'm so spoiled to that sabat guy who voices vegeta and piccolo in english. he's sooo good. also the freeza's *** actor isn't very good at screaming when he powers up. his voice just get's higher pitched and it's awkward when vegeta yells too.

edit: the "***" part above said jap. i forgot that is censored. fucking oversensitive bitches. why is jap offensive? honestly? it's just a shortened version of japanese.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i think the lot of u need to analyze ur gameplay tactically and know what moves to choose and stuff

it takes either experience....... or trying to watch a lot of pro videos and trying to put urself in their shoes. the framerate makes videos weird, but if u squint ur eyes, the vids seem more real as if they are happening right now. watch what decisions they make and stuff and it should be like 'oh, i can do this move in this situation'

experience is better, cuz then it just comes naturally :p

or u can just continue getting *****!!!!

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i have no drive for improvement these days.

i still think i can take games off of andre though.

i also think i could help adaias get better.
nick too, if i go try hard on him the whole time.

but for all i know, these guys can beat me like nothing now.
i'd like to find out one day soon.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I've been wanting to play an ICs main too after the last smash session with andre. Puff can be hella gay in that matchup and while I still can't entirely get past andre's campy IC defense I feel like I could do pretty well against most other IC players

I seriously need sheik practice though. I got ****ing ***** by Alan in tournament (and didn't even know he played sheik). I did pretty good against his peach tho lol

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
remember when i picked up sheik just to counter your puff?

hehe i wonder if that would still work.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
everyone plays sheik

just tell any of us to pick her and you'll get all the experience you need

if ur puff u gotta combo sheik. and get rests. dont force it, but know when you can get it. fish but dont fish at the same time. rests are soooo crucial against sheik. (but not always necessary if ur bairs and combos ****)

utilt and uair set up a lot of stuff vs sheik.... but thats only if u can get close enough

and nick, just be careful cuz there's no ic player that just plays the generic ic way against puff. boback has KING experience, fly has MANGO experience. i have GK INFINITY experience (lmao!) other ic mains... just don't exist. and im pretty sure me boback and fly have always had completely different playstyles

just bair us and we'll get ***** man. practice gaying them against level 9 ic's

also dont think that just cuz im blizzard camping that u have to find a way to get through it. just run away, ur a balloon. u can probably kinda float above the blizzard, and try to hit popo. of course im always weary of that but just outplay me

u got this, puff is the best character

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol dangit

anyway, i dont really think puff is the best character, im just following the hype cuz its funny, and adaias and i joke about it. i am personally very comfortable on that matchup with any character, its just a matter of strategizing first and then outplaying her. it was no different for me than figuring out wario in brawl. wario was even harder to figure out than melee puff IMO

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
adamant 244 hp 16 atk 248 spdef
stone edge EQ megahorn roar

SIMPLE AND EFFECTIVE

i love this man

rhyperior is like my 2nd favorite pokemon and im FINALLY, FINALLY using him well in a team. gotta love sandstorm

i gotta do something about my team's grass weakness though...

oh well. i'll figure something out when i lose ;D

i think the lot of u need to analyze ur gameplay tactically and know what moves to choose and stuff

it takes either experience....... or trying to watch a lot of pro videos and trying to put urself in their shoes. the framerate makes videos weird, but if u squint ur eyes, the vids seem more real as if they are happening right now. watch what decisions they make and stuff and it should be like 'oh, i can do this move in this situation'

experience is better, cuz then it just comes naturally :p

or u can just continue getting *****!!!!
Or play melee like brawl. **** short hops because they're inferior to full jump when it comes to spacing unless you're sure you'll hit a shield so you can start that shield pressure asap. I guess you have to SH with fox, but full jump just opens up a lot more options.

Also I really don't know who the best character is, but puff is certainly among the top characters even with joking aside. Fox gets comboed so hard and his edgeguard isn't **** like puff, marth, or sheik. Good thing match-ups are more about skill and knowledge at the top level of play (unless you play puff 'cuz she's hard to mess up with)

So yeah I am going to continue playing brawl and get better at melee unintentionally.

Also Andre, Tyranitar is the best pokemon. He can be used as anything. Special moves, physical, sweeper, speed, revenge killer, etc. Sandstorm makes him one tough rock dinosaur / dragon thing.....

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
now tyranitar, im really happy for ya and i'mma let you finish, but SALAMENCE is one of the best pokemon of all time! OF ALL TIME!

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
adaias. we should play brawl online one day.
i wanna see how laggy it'll be.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
how did that little guy get my nipple milk in his mouth and how did he get it to flow outward like that with his mouth wide open?

maybe kirby isn't bottom tier after all...

Top Bottom