• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
yeah but I dont main peach. . . and I dont think id ever want to. . . <3's ->peach mains

i was actually trying to find a reason why id ever need to sheild pressure ics with falconn and I cant. . . . seems like it would be too much to do for not enough reward. . .

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
hehe, whenever ICs come up in conversation in this thread, fly always seems to make an appearance.
pretty cool. =D

hey fly, what is ur favorite MU with ICs?

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Favorite as in most enjoyable or as in the one I'm most comfortable with?

I probably enjoy playing ICs vs. Fox the most. I never feel really comfortable with any match-up, but I tend to do well against all of the bad characters... Out of all of the good characters, I'm probably best against Sheik or Falcon. I don't know why I do well against Falcons, though; I feel like I don't know the match-up well and should get ***** for it, but that rarely happens.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
I actually figured they were one in the same
but I was gona say 'both' to your question, but yeah, you answered it. thanks
when u gonna be in norcal next? I feel as if I need to know it better, myself, too

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
adaias, you're action replay will show you any hitbox in the game. you should know that.

moon, that peanut story was true. i just told you it wasn't true so i could lose our set.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
fox's advantage 55 or 60 i'd say

fox has good shut down techniques but ic's decision making can take stocks off fox literally in an instant. like if you randomly wd fsmash while he's gonna do a drill, and he ends up having no DI or down DI...

if fox camps, this opens up ice block and blizzard approaches, and if he uses platforms it makes for easy uairs.

if fox is aggressive, it becomes a spacing game where ic's can shield grab if they can force fox to make one littttle mistake, whether it's an l-cancel or a drill that hits only one ice climber. ic's can do CC stuff or just shield grab

an aggressive fox who doesn't make mistakes can pressure ic's hard (i wanna play mango so i can experience the **** lol) but it's always those random decisions... like fsmashes, utilts, ftilts, or WHATEVER that can mess up an aggressive fox SOOOO bad. sometimes, when foxes are aggressive and they get punished really hard, they start to get scared and camp, so ic's can ice block more.

melee is not just about playing perfectly... ADAPTATION IS KEY!!!!

when a fox knows the matchup it's really hard lol. this is why i say 60 40. ic's can definitely pick up or reverse momentum though, which is why it's fun.

i love the falco matchup cuz the way i play, he basically doesn't have a laser game LOL

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
what, the run in and attack game?

a defensive falco could force you to overextend yourself a lot, which could lead into a pillar->kill off nana, which greatly weakens your game :C

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
defensive falco is a dumb idea lol. if short hop ice block in place, i out-damage shl's

using the laser game properly is key to winning with falco, cuz once u get a combo ic's stock is pretty much done (if u can get not grabbed by popo :p)

but ic's can somewhat shut him down, its really strange to space cuz the way i do it relies on desynching myself with lasers but man. its ****

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
my falco might possibly be more techincal... probably worse but possibly more technical, that's a scary thought
I need to play that falco
I....enjoyed that Falco.
Yours too, buddy.
Gonna need to get yo *** over here, somehow.
Not sure how we could make that work though. . . .
If ONLY there was a way. . . . .

hey what do you guys think, with the current meta, what is the marth-ganon MU at with equal level players?

ppl used to say it was 90-10 or something, but with spacing nowadays, I figured that the numbers would tailor itself to the char that can punish more.

I know I could just posted here instead of asking you b4, joon. But yeah, I need another opinion
As many ppl who want to answer should

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lmao yea hbox's tech skill with falco sooooo bad yo. but it looks like he was definitely doing what he wanted to do

i've never seen a falco wavedash that much in so long ROFL

I think it's 60:40. Marth's ledge game and range is just too good. Ganon like almost any other character ***** marth once he gets "inside" since marth doesn't have a good close combat game (no fast jab, no shine, etc to repel people).

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Man I wanna play keith's marth again. I used to feel like I knew that MU pretty well but after playing him and moon it's obvious I have lots of room for improvement.

And we need to get some more teams practice in anthony, and I want to play you and kenny in singles.

Edit: **** I just realized I have to work on friday. I'm free to hang out after 7 tho...

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
if we ever play smash, i'm only really looking forward to playing teams.

p.s. LET'S DO COKE!

Miztik

Smash Master
Man I wanna play keith's marth again. I used to feel like I knew that MU pretty well but after playing him and moon it's obvious I have lots of room for improvement.

And we need to get some more teams practice in anthony, and I want to play you and kenny in singles.

Edit: **** I just realized I have to work on friday. I'm free to hang out after 7 tho...
ok just come after 7 then lol

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
he has some on back-order. . . .
he's promised to share when it comes in

edit: jooooooooon!

. . . . .hey. . .

EDIT2: and I just realized, foy hasnt been on here in awhile =(

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
ok, so this was a great use of my 20 minutes. Decided to chat with cleaverbot for a bit

User: How's it going?

Cleverbot: Pretty good, you?

User: Fine, thanks for asking.

Cleverbot: I didn't ask.

User: But you did. . .don't try to back out now!

Cleverbot: I told you that I thought you had me belivieving this wasn't a rancom chat web site.

User: You misspelled random wrong.

Cleverbot: You never answered my question and I don't think I did...

User: What was your question? And you typed 'rancom'; I can see it right there!

Cleverbot: You're not making any sense.

User: YOUR MOM'S NOT MAKING ANY SENSE!

Cleverbot: So you're agreeing with me?

User: Of course! Why wouldn't I?

Cleverbot: I thought you hated me! Now your gonna start flirting?

User: Well, you too hawt for my socks! I'm quite warm for your form, if you know what I mean!

Cleverbot: I'm in a cool room. Is it cold outside?

User: Somewhat, but let's talk about you.

Cleverbot: What about me ?

User: What do you like to do on your free time?

Cleverbot: What do YOU like to do on your freetime?

User: You.

Cleverbot: You like to do me?

User: At least I wish I could.

Cleverbot: Have you read a poem by Robert Frost?

User: No, what's it called? You and me under a willow tree wasting the night away?

Cleverbot: Really? Cause all I was hearing was us taking over the world and kiilling all those 'sea kittens'.

User: Sea kittens?

Cleverbot: They are delicious.

User: What the ****? Why would you want to eat them?

Cleverbot: Because I am the kissing kind.

User: Kissing? You sure like to go off tangent.

Cleverbot: Have we been talking about me this whole time?

User: Yeah, that's the way I like it.

Cleverbot: At least you are easily pleased.

User: And you know what happens when I get pleased. . . *wink*

Cleverbot: I win, duh.

epic. Give it a shot, yourself.
cleaverbot.com

Top Bottom