• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
you guys should come soon. lol

i've been here since 8am.
and we're having IN TENTS BATTLES

edit: THIS IS LUMPOY

Miztik

Smash Master
yesterday was fun we should do taht again some time

my falco was playing so bad, good thing my fox felt really smooth, and unintentionally i think im getting my puff back

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dadPWhEhVk

this video is freaking insane

fun smashfest guys

jpeg is mad good

kenny anthony you guys got better

kenny stop being negative

when you win 'its just the character...' when you lose 'im playing horrible'

if you seriously thought for once 'im good at this game' you are going to **** so hard, cuz ur fox is good enough to **** me honestly

edit: LMAO guys watch pb&j's commentary videos in the videos section called best commentary in the world ors omething

ZERO DOLLAR money match results with Kenny. Best 2 out of 3 sets (best 3 out of 5)
Suuwo : Lumpy

3-0 fox vs falcon

2-3? fox vs fox (or one? I don't remember if I beat you twice or once Kenny)

1-3 fox vs marth

kenny won 2 sets and a grand total of 0 dollars.

Good stuff, I told you I could take on your falcon, but your fox is still better than mine. I think I played pretty well overall yesterday, especially in teams. Those matches versus Andre's peach on Yoshi story were not legit.

I think it's pretty obvious that budokai temple game is the best. Pikachu, YL, and puff for top tier. I remember playing something like this with some kids back in the day before I owned a copy of melee. hahaha

edit: JPEG is too good, reading rainbow ****

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Where's Kenny? I miss him...
hehehehe ilybo0
Lol wtf are you doing in this thread? XD
he lives here dammit!
kenny stop being negative

when you win 'its just the character...' when you lose 'im playing horrible'

if you seriously thought for once 'im good at this game' you are going to **** so hard, cuz ur fox is good enough to **** me honestly
when i say i won because "fox is too good" i'm actually saying "i'm good enough to use fox now" and then i bask in my own glory. just watch. when my fox is perfect, it won't lose.
haha i'm getting closer and closer to an unreachable goal.

ZERO DOLLAR money match results with Kenny. Best 2 out of 3 sets (best 3 out of 5)
Suuwo : Lumpy

3-0 fox vs falcon

2-3? fox vs fox (or one? I don't remember if I beat you twice or once Kenny)

1-3 fox vs marth

kenny won 2 sets and a grand total of 0 dollars.

Good stuff, I told you I could take on your falcon, but your fox is still better than mine. I think I played pretty well overall yesterday, especially in teams. Those matches versus Andre's peach on Yoshi story were not legit.

I think it's pretty obvious that budokai temple game is the best. Pikachu, YL, and puff for top tier. I remember playing something like this with some kids back in the day before I owned a copy of melee. hahaha

edit: JPEG is too good, reading rainbow ****
first of all, i don't approve of you beating my "i don't feel like playing" falcon.
lmao i was rewarming up and i'll pretend that's a legit john.
i think you only beat my fox once, but i thought i was gonna lose the whole time.
i was getting it back during the fox dittos but i'm not confident in fox dittos ever since my "fox is broken" epiphany. (or should i say mental revolution?)
fox vs marth is such a fun match up even when i'm the marth. lol
i would HATE to play against my fox as my marth though. ha i'd get *****... and i'd ****... ALL GOOD

Foy

Smash Champion
hehehehe ilybo0

he lives here dammit!

when i say i won because "fox is too good" i'm actually saying "i'm good enough to use fox now" and then i bask in my own glory. just watch. when my fox is perfect, it won't lose.
haha i'm getting closer and closer to an unreachable goal.

first of all, i don't approve of you beating my "i don't feel like playing" falcon.
lmao i was rewarming up and i'll pretend that's a legit john.
i think you only beat my fox once, but i thought i was gonna lose the whole time.
i was getting it back during the fox dittos but i'm not confident in fox dittos ever since my "fox is broken" epiphany. (or should i say mental revolution?)
fox vs marth is such a fun match up even when i'm the marth. lol
i would HATE to play against my fox as my marth though. ha i'd get *****... and i'd ****... ALL GOOD
johnsjohnsjohns.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
amazing things that happened yesterday

1. i smashed from 8am till 1am.

2. 99stock match. lumpy's fox vs chok's falco. (i think i got almost 30stocked lmao)

3. epic brawl free for alls that i mistook for dragonballz fights.
metal, curry, speed, stamina mode FTW
me, andre, and two cpu's, have changed the brawl metagame forever.

4. falcon challenge for like an hour.

5. budokai temple game for like 2 hours. LMFAO
current budokai tier list: fox, sheik, puff, pikachu, bowser, pichu, y. link, DK. too good.

afterthoughts:

andre's peach is really good. i like it.

anthony, spenser's mom is probably not hot. (no offense, spence)

captain falcon is god tier in teams.

captain mains will always be more amazing than people who play captain falcon.

FOX IS BEST CHARACTER IN MELEE

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
at the bottom of the socal power rankings it says,

"Not on the list? Not ranked as high as you wanted? MacD sucks? You better step it up and start beating the players ranked higher than you if you want the prestige of saying you're in SoCal's elite."

hahaha

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
1. i smashed from 8am till 1am.

2. 99stock match. lumpy's fox vs chok's falco. (i think i got almost 30stocked lmao)

3. epic brawl free for alls that i mistook for dragonballz fights.
metal, curry, speed, stamina mode FTW
me, andre, and two cpu's, have changed the brawl metagame forever.

4. falcon challenge for like an hour.

5. budokai temple game for like 2 hours. LMFAO
current budokai tier list: fox, sheik, puff, pikachu, bowser, pichu, y. link, DK. too good.

afterthoughts:

andre's peach is really good. i like it.

anthony, spenser's mom is probably not hot. (no offense, spence)

captain falcon is god tier in teams.

captain mains will always be more amazing than people who play captain falcon.

FOX IS BEST CHARACTER IN MELEE
QFT bro

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
also, yesterday was mad fun

I reverted back to no-skill play, it'll take a lot more effort and practice to get anywhere

but I want to do it now...

andre plz 60-stock me after I get better (i'm sick now, it was only a matter of time though :()

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
well around here, we don't play random games. we play mufukkin' meelay, bizznatch!!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
fox totally obliterates that budokai temple game, so hard LOL

and thanks kenny ya my peach ***** LOL

i gotta upload those brawl replays somehow, SOOOOO GOOD

fun day overall guys. melee is tooooo good

jpeg too good, we should play more, your falcon is very solid, and pretty scary

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
yeah lol

bowser and dk have grab gimps but fox just goes down there and drill shines the big oaf as long as he wants.
fox is the best character for getting instakills as soon as you're "tagged in" that game is better than around the world. lmao

edit: john's ness is super saiyan tier!!!!

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
John's pretty is . . . . you know what? stuff it! That was all bull**** and you know it! ive never felt so awkward in my life.
Perhaps in middle school asking girls to the dance? no, not even close to playing ness!

SUUdoWOdo, keep taking down kennys falcon, shut his azz up FA GUD! BRawl nexttime? im kinda curious to see how well i'd fare against you. Hopefully not get grab released TOO much. . . .
ANth, good **** in teams, I feel we had some chemistry
Spensa, holy ***, that first capt challenge scared the beeJEEZUS outta me, didnt know kirby was that good. Step it up, foy!
Kenny, your **** was wack, fool! But you also did some cool moves and took dem *****es to skool! You killed it as much as the talibahn, and you think that I could maybe be the next soul khan?
Andre, Thanks for having me over, much appreciated. And your ICs, man, you didnt wobble and you still tore me up. You punish me really well for bad spacing and missed cancels, GJ! Rematch 3o5 match next time we meet. Pound4 rulez 4 eva!
Foy, riding back and forth to/from modesto made me realize how shorter and better the trip was having to take the pocky exit first. good ****, bud.
Im hoping to come up for pound 4 so you can get ME a ride there =D. It all depends on how well I do playing poker in the last week of December in vegas. I will probably be one of the last registerEEs (if I do get enough cash) for that event when the deadline comes around

Foy

Smash Champion
John's pretty is . . . . you know what? stuff it! That was all bull**** and you know it! ive never felt so awkward in my life.
Perhaps in middle school asking girls to the dance? no, not even close to playing ness!

SUUdoWOdo, keep taking down kennys falcon, shut his azz up FA GUD! BRawl nexttime? im kinda curious to see how well i'd fare against you. Hopefully not get grab released TOO much. . . .
ANth, good **** in teams, I feel we had some chemistry
Spensa, holy ***, that first capt challenge scared the beeJEEZUS outta me, didnt know kirby was that good. Step it up, foy!
Kenny, your **** was wack, fool! But you also did some cool moves and took dem *****es to skool! You killed it as much as the talibahn, and you think that I could maybe be the next soul khan?
Andre, Thanks for having me over, much appreciated. And your ICs, man, you didnt wobble and you still tore me up. You punish me really well for bad spacing and missed cancels, GJ! Rematch 3o5 match next time we meet. Pound4 rulez 4 eva!
Foy, riding back and forth to/from modesto made me realize how shorter and better the trip was having to take the pocky exit first. good ****, bud.
Im hoping to come up for pound 4 so you can get ME a ride there =D. It all depends on how well I do playing poker in the last week of December in vegas. I will probably be one of the last registerEEs (if I do get enough cash) for that event when the deadline comes around
I might not be going to pound cause i got no $$$

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

jpeg gettin off

also, that was SO GOOD andre, I need to be able to use what I practiced in-game, because I kept noticing that I would revert back to doing the stupid stuff that I practiced not doing, etc.

training is in order bro

NEXT TIME

I don't play with grab release gimmicks in brawl. even though it's brawl I play it like it's AT-less melee.

You know maybe Modesto would figure out brawl's a pretty good game to make money off of, but the town's doomed to money johns forever

Miztik

Smash Master
yea john we were working pretty well together it was nice i feel like when teaming with you i can play my normal teams game plan because how aggressive you are, like when teaming with jamie back in the day

we should do that again some time

Foy

Smash Champion
I hate teaming with john. Cause i get upset.

That he doesn't grab people so i can rest them.

>_> Maybe if we went fox falcon we wouldve done better.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
also, that was SO GOOD andre, I need to be able to use what I practiced in-game, because I kept noticing that I would revert back to doing the stupid stuff that I practiced not doing, etc.

training is in order bro
I find this to be paramount in everyone's troubles in performing in fields outside of practice, regardless of skill.
You learn new a tech/strategy/tactic while practicing or watching vids, then you have to apply this useful tidbit to when you need it the most, whether it be in important friendlies or tournament matches. And if you cant, youre doomed to revert back and play in a 'more-basic' manner. Happens to me waaaay too much. Reason why I do poorly in tourney, imo. I try taking small points in the game to dd or jump around and to just remind myself like im playing back at home. I think it helps.
And yeah, while an overaggro style tends to be exploitable at time in 1v1 play, people tend to drop a lot of their defensive maneuvers/tactics when theyre in teams cause there is a lot going on. Aggresion (moreso cotrolled aggression) might be the way to go.
And foy, yeah, the rumors were told, that day, of our awesome teamming abilities!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_iztqGKiKU
. . just a small taste of our legend! :53 and 1:04 show how moves from even one of us can subdue both opponents!
(and look foy, shortly after I DO hold them for you)

. . . .o yeah, and there were a couple other people there, too. . . named lumpy chicken, or something of that matter. . .dont rememeber
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgibjzT89kU

Quality is the best ive ever seen, too, btw

Top Bottom