• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Modesto SSB-B/M Tournaments- Read page 176

Lunchbox

Smash Journeyman
Hey Mike you should start advertising it in the other threads and send them the link to this thread and have the register with you

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
I think I'm set on the stages

Actually, I like the random reset rule too, I think I'll go with that.

I'm gonna make some kind of banner tonight or tomorrow. Then if you guy's want to help I have already started advertising in a couple threads

hmm, maybe I should not just settle on the random reset rule, I like it, but I think it should be up to the people attending

what do you guy's think?

also, Hyuga, you've been helping a bit, do you plan to attend? I would like you to but I can't put you down unless you say so

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I'm not sure if I'm attending. I have exams I have to take before school starts (yes, that's right), and I think they might be that weekend. If not, I would consider coming over from Santa Cruz and helping out.

MacD

Banned via Administration
glad to see stages up, now i just have to figure out counter pics and all, argh

edit: and i forgot, what about baning, have you decided on what to do with banning stages

MacD

Banned via Administration
ok, so i think random reset is strange, isn't there only random on the first stage, and if i understand it right, you could say you don't like the level and restart it, and hope there is a better random

i personally think that just being able to ban a stage, any stage is better because there aren't that many counter pics, but if you had like most or all of the counter pic sttages, i think random reset woud be cool, but you only have five

ZEM86

Smash Cadet
Whats the exact address?

Info on exact address would be nice for people who don't live in Modesto. I might be bringing acouple buddies if they can, but I knonw for sure that I would love to go, and we live in Davis.
= ) = ) = ) thanx

Lunchbox

Smash Journeyman
"Team Pauk"
Choknater
Kero
PalaFrak
Mick
WillyLoman

"Perfect Kaos"
Park
Lunchbox
Obselete Death
kauShik

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
I didn't actually get to meet anyone in the smashfest, I played kim once, then that one guy who had melty blood, the rest was just you and I think edy, still not sure about who all I played exactly, but not many, and I got no one's names

tc1

Smash Lord
If brawl comes out it dec how will this be a brawl tourny.. and Choknater will win if no 1 else comes and modesto is to far for like 20 bucks game credit gl tho

DRGN

Technowizard
yeah, me and chok!!! XD

well, you need to have random stages and you need to have counter pick stages.

random stages: dreamland64, FD, FOD, pokemon stad, battlefield, yoshi story

counter pick: corneria, kongo jungle64, jungle japes, mute city, poke floats,

and the loser, winners, and grand finals need to be 3/5, were as the normal matches have to be 2/3.
If they're even going to have loser's bracket. From what I can see it looks like it's only proposed to be single elimination.

Anyways, if I can find a way to this I'd be happy to go.

Is anybody from -or north of- Sacramento going?

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
see, I don't know, this is why I need help, I'm not sure how the good tournament work and I should. I need help, so if I can meet up with park or chok or someone who wants to help, that would be great

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
see, I don't know, this is why I need help, I'm not sure how the good tournament work and I should. I need help, so if I can meet up with park or chok or someone who wants to help, that would be great
if you come visit park or me at one of our houses, we can basically show you the ropes. park is going to have meetups and smashfests this month before school dawns upon us, so we'll help you out with it.

we already have all the rules down pretty much, now it's just a matter of learning how to manage brackets smoothly and quickly.

park5150

Smash Ace
just show up really faast on the 18th at my house so we can tell you everything....me and chok are really good at running tournies so don't worry!!!

Top Bottom