• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Modesto Smash: "Get Banned"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miztik

Smash Master
there will be at least one melee tv....but no more than 2 cuz the guy holding the tourney like is anti melee but melee will be there...

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
I've gotta tell ya, I have no will to go to another brawl tourney. I have no beef with brawl, but can't modesto have a melee tourney? please? most of the older smasher seem to prefer melee, so why is it we never show it?

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
it wasn't an inaccurate generalization. It says most, not all. Just because you like brawl more, doesn't mean others agree. you like brawl more, I respect that, but the people who were playing melee competitively besides you, they generally want to play melee more still. So why wouldn't we hold them? Why only hold brawl? why disappoint half of the community by only holding brawl tournaments every time? Why assume that just because you're not involved, it means that I'm mistaken in, what is not an assumption, but rather an observation.

also, I've been trying to hold them, that's why I contacted people at mjc

and I'm done, thank you

/rant

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
KENNY/LUMPY on brandon's account:
(sorry dude, you left yourself logged in at my house and i'm banned)

MELEE!!!!!

"WE LIKE MIKE"
"WE LIKE MIKE"
"WE LIKE MIKE"

/support

Shroomed

Smash Master
i've left this message on like all norcal forums, but if there was melee tourney i could bring 5-10 ppl lol......i just really wanna play some melee this summer

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
it wasn't an inaccurate generalization. It says most, not all. Just because you like brawl more, doesn't mean others agree. you like brawl more, I respect that, but the people who were playing melee competitively besides you, they generally want to play melee more still. So why wouldn't we hold them? Why only hold brawl? why disappoint half of the community by only holding brawl tournaments every time? Why assume that just because you're not involved, it means that I'm mistaken in, what is not an assumption, but rather an observation.

and I'm done, thank you

/rant
I didn't say it because I like Brawl more. Who are those "older players" you're referring to? Many of the people who prefer melee right now are some of the people who entered later in the scene, like the baysians. It wasn't until late in the melee period that they started getting really amazing. So if we go back even further, we have DBR and stuff. I'm just saying, people have their preferences and you shouldn't keep generalizing that "old players like this and that, and other people don't". I'm just trying to stop you from making generalizations, because they never hold true.

And no, nobody's forcing anyone to just hold Brawl tournaments. Felix likes brawl, so he holds tournaments for it. If you like melee, hold a tournament for it! Simple as that. Melee on the side is just a favor to you guys. It's no one's fault that brawl is more popular at the moment.

And jeez, don't assume that I don't like melee. I prefer Brawl, which is totally different.

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
I never said "older players" I never said you didn't like melee. I'm not generalizing anyone. I said that the people in modesto (the place where I'd like a tournament) still prefer melee, except you. That doesn't mean you dislike melee, I didn't say that, even once. Please read my post for what it is, not what you assume I mean. putting quotes around something I didn't say, doesn't mean I said it. The people who were into competitive melee in modesto, are still into it. Those people were the ones who entered tournaments before, brandon, jamie, kenny, anthony, me, we still prefer melee. (Although, I'm not completely sure about jamie, but he never suggests brawl while playing)

I want to hold tournaments, I want to so bad, but I have to admit that I don't have a venue, that is gone. Which is why I asked if someone else could hold the tournament. That's all I can do right now, ask.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I never said "older players" I never said you didn't like melee. I'm not generalizing anyone. I said that the people in modesto (the place where I'd like a tournament) still prefer melee, except you. That doesn't mean you dislike melee, I didn't say that, even once. Please read my post for what it is, not what you assume I mean. putting quotes around something I didn't say, doesn't mean I said it. The people who were into competitive melee in modesto, are still into it. Those people were the ones who entered tournaments before, brandon, jamie, kenny, anthony, me, we still prefer melee. (Although, I'm not completely sure about jamie, but he never suggests brawl while playing)

I want to hold tournaments, I want to so bad, but I have to admit that I don't have a venue, that is gone. Which is why I asked if someone else could hold the tournament. That's all I can do right now, ask.
Ah, alright, I understand. I'm sorry to assume.

What you're saying is true. The melee players that you play with from Modesto all still like melee. Maybe in your circle of players, that holds true.

The people I play with are different... I have Kim, Stefan, Dotey, Preet, Kaushik, Spencer, Nick, my brother, and others, who all prefer Brawl. I guess there are just different parts of Modesto now.

I never meant any disrespect, yo. Just voicing my opinion too.

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
They all are more into brawl I guess, but they weren't that into competitive melee, they're mostly new to being into the more competitive play, cept for one or two tournies

sigh, I just miss the community, and the other people who loved the game as much as I

Mokkuza

Smash Cadet
This is park

First things first

FU CK SideFx. Period ( bann me, i obivously don't care.)

Brawl is brawl, melee is melee.

i like both. they are very different in my eyes.

Brawl is very slow and to me seem almost like a kids game. but i will still play it. I am too competative

Melee is very fun to me because i have the best yoshi ever.

in brawl there is a competative scene, but its too boring and i think that i am personally dying out of smash. We the true people to melee are going to fade away. we won't easily die out. just fade away.

I wish that people will stop comparing the games. that is my wish from the smash community.

these are different games that obviously cannot be compared.

but one thing is true, even tho brawl is more in the moment right now. We will all remember melee for what it was. It was/is the Greatest game ever made and brought all of us togethor.

Mokkuza

Smash Cadet
This is Anthony "Miztik" on jamies account...

hey mike/andre what part or group of modesto do i fit into cuz i like both brawl and melee....but i hang out with the hard core melee players???? im so lost am i my own part of modesto???

Mokkuza

Smash Cadet
yea your right mike i would enjoy a melee tourney....but i would also enjoy a brawl tourney...i can really say i like one more than the other....

andre i want to play you again my lucas is the real deal....plus i have a surprise for you ddd....

this is anthony again...

thekyng

Smash Rookie
hi im new to the forums... is this tourney still happening? on june 21st? is there a signup sheet? im from san jose and i dont know of any tourneys in the area.

Miztik

Smash Master
Yo what up Gaara.....

hey umm...Kyng??? yea that tourney is still going on as far as i know...and no there is no sign up sheet you just basically have to show up there before the tourney begins to sign-up...

Gaara♥

Smash Master
only 1 person said hi to me....
sigh...
imma do my best to attend a modesto tournament cause you guys are too cool

Zoap

Smash Master
I've gotta tell ya, I have no will to go to another brawl tourney. I have no beef with brawl, but can't modesto have a melee tourney? please? most of the older smasher seem to prefer melee, so why is it we never show it?
This is wrong. Very inaccurate generalization.

If you want a melee tournament then hold one.
so after reading all of this dumb thread(where i left off) xilo actually never did refer to the "older" smashers of modesto you just said most of the older smashers seem to prefer melee. So Chok was right that is a very hasty generalization on your part as DBR/Deep Norcal/ Scamp/ Antioch/ and all of old Sac like brawl more.

next you say
it wasn't an inaccurate generalization.
I believe i alrdy disproved this which also means the sentence following is also wrong.
It says most, not all.
if you look up above at the people listed id say 80% of Norcal prefers brawl to melee(and im underestimating)

So why wouldn't we hold them? Why only hold brawl? why disappoint half of the community by only holding brawl tournaments every time? Why assume that just because you're not involved, it means that I'm mistaken in, what is not an assumption, but rather an observation.

and I'm done, thank you
ok so why did i quote this? Well you ask alot of question and basically what it comes down to is you think there is a strong enough amount of people to hold melee over brawl tournaments. You than go on to list:
1.brandon
2. jamie
3.kenny
4.anthony
5.me
So 50% you say... I guess modesto has a whopping 10 smashers in its entirety. WELL WAIT Chok listed some people:
1.Kim
2.Stefan
3. Dotey
4. Preet
5. Kaushik
6. Spencer
7. Nick
8. Chok
9. His brother

WAIT 9 +5=14 thats not ten and im pretty sure 5 isnt 50% of 14.

Now granted youd prob get some of those people to go to a melee tourney. But with brawl you get the outside of modesto pull for even bigger numbers.

I didn't say it because I like Brawl more. Who are those "older players" you're referring to? Many of the people who prefer melee right now are some of the people who entered later in the scene, like the baysians. It wasn't until late in the melee period that they started getting really amazing. So if we go back even further, we have DBR and stuff. I'm just saying, people have their preferences and you shouldn't keep generalizing that "old players like this and that, and other people don't". I'm just trying to stop you from making generalizations, because they never hold true.

And no, nobody's forcing anyone to just hold Brawl tournaments. Felix likes brawl, so he holds tournaments for it. If you like melee, hold a tournament for it! Simple as that. Melee on the side is just a favor to you guys. It's no one's fault that brawl is more popular at the moment.

And jeez, don't assume that I don't like melee. I prefer Brawl, which is totally different.
Actually the core baysians Jeff(now dbr), Tang(now dbr), Lunin and Azn Danny have all been around since early 2005. Hardly late joiners. Even Zhu and Falcomist who joined mid 2005 arent even that late in the scene.

Nobody is indeed forcing these brawl tourneys.

I never said "older players"
Funny you said older smashers i guess you meant some other older people who smash things and arent video game players.

I never said you didn't like melee.
Thats true you didnt say that

I'm not generalizing anyone.
But you said half the community how is that not a genralization?

I said that the people in modesto (the place where I'd like a tournament) still prefer melee, except you.
Actually you never mentioned the people of modesto. You said community and that modesto should hold more melee tournaments. O and older smashers. Hmm I guess maybe we were suppose to ASSUME you meant modesto players and modesto community.

That doesn't mean you dislike melee, I didn't say that, even once.
Ok... whyd you repeat yourself we got it, you didnt say he didnt like melee

Please read my post for what it is, not what you assume I mean.
I did and I didnt assume anything. As far as I can tell you were leaving me to assume that you were speaking of modesto and its players.

putting quotes around something I didn't say, doesn't mean I said it.
I've read this like 5 times... it just doesnt make any sence. hmmm

The people who were into competitive melee in modesto, are still into it. Those people were the ones who entered tournaments before, brandon, jamie, kenny, anthony, me, we still prefer melee. (Although, I'm not completely sure about jamie, but he never suggests brawl while playing)
Only two of those players I would say were on a competitive level.

As much as I dislike choknater(the one who post on swf at least) I see no fault of his in this completely dumb *** argument.

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
ugh, I don't really feel up to responding to that tonight, so quick comments on it

-I said modesto in the first sentence, the second sentence carries the same object of modesto, or else, I would have stated it with a new subject i.e. "norcal smashers" or something of the like. Therefore, I was correct in my original statement.

-see above

-again, see above

-so, I was a bit inaccurate with the numbers, I'll admit that

--not for me, don't care

-I meant people who were into melee competitively, and yes, I realize my comment now, I just have a one track mind, my bad andre

-doesn't matter

-It was an observation, half of the peopl I knew of and observed did in fact prefer melee. I just didn't observe as many, probably because I prefer melee, so yeah, I'll give him that, but not you

-see first answer

-as long as we're clear

-again, see first post

-I retract this statement, not because it doesn't make sense, but more that older smasher (which apparently I did say) and older player, are mostly the same

-Why do I play melee" to get better. Why do I learn more? To Improve. Why do I improve? In order to beat my opponent in tournaments. How is that not competitive? I'm working to improve to the point where I put up a challenge. I assume you mean Brandon and Jamie, and hey, guess what, the rest of us are catching up, we just haven't had as much time as them. So I'm sorry to say, we may not be able to rank top 3 in a big tournament, but we can hold our own

thank you, bed now, night

Zoap

Smash Master
I have no beef with brawl, but can't modesto have a melee tourney? please? most of the older smasher seem to prefer melee, so why is it we never show it?

Ok so your saying that because you said that modesto should hold a melee tourney in sentence #2 that the object of modesto carries over to the very general statement of most of the older smashers seem to prefer melee. I dunno about you but that doesnt sound all to convincing. Basically you should probably clarify from now on that you mean group a(modesto in this case) and not group b(all older smashers that attend tournaments in norcal). The mention of a location does not carry directly over to the reference of older smashers.

Miztik

Smash Master
hey guys just to throw this out there i dont prefer melee over brawl, i dont prefer brawl over melee i like them both alot, ive just mostly been playing alot of melee because i hang out with kenny,mike,jamie, and brandon who dont really like brawl too much....

i basically just like to hang out with people and play smash....if were playing melee thats cool, and the same goes for brawl...

i hate when ppl assume what game i like more that happens alot...but its all good i guess it just depends on which im playing more when this topic comes up....

sidefx

Smash Champion
so.. peter basically just ***** the **** out of someone i dont really know who, or care, cause hes probably from modesto, and there are only 2 people id actually talk to out of modesto, (hmw, and chok)

btw, from the previous page, who the hell is "park" or mokkuza or whatever his name is, and why did he write **** sidefx in big red caps, im curious to know

Miztik

Smash Master
from what he told me he just picked some random norcal smasher...he said he doesnt really have a problem with you, he was just frustrated....

and also i swear every extra long post zoap has is just pure **** haha...

Naota21t

Smash Champion
Next time Modesto and 650 meet, I demand a crew battle.

Park, HMW, Lumpy and Miztik vs Falcomist, Pocky, SFAT, and I

That's actually a pretty fair match-up IMO. btw, Melee of course (b/c if we didn't SFAT wouldn't play lol).

Miztik

Smash Master
im down to crew battle...i still wish i could have went to your tourney...argh i must go to the next one....

i heard that this falcomist you speak of was pretty good at melee lol...i want to find out if this is true lol jk but seriously i heard SFAT was a really good fox player...im excited to see him play...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom