• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Modesto CA SSBM Tournament #6 - 8/28/11

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
just prepare to have substantially large dodecahedronal objects inserted (very subtly) into your rectal opening.

other than that lumpy is a pretty chillet broseph.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
it's hard not to wonder why a tx smasher would post in modesto thread to tell me something when i post in tx threads too... treachery is afoot.

gghhh3

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty much the only other one. I've got a few friends that enjoy the game, but don't even try to learn.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
well my friend/roommate just started playing competitively and i've been starving for smash since i was born so i'm sure we could make something happen.

you have aim or something?

gghhh3

Smash Apprentice
Nah no aim, skype though. No transportation, as I'm still the good ol young age of 17, going on 18, so that may cause some issues. And my skill level is probably noob at best, as you can tell, there ain't much to practice on.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
get at those lvl1 cpus!!!

the transportation might be an issue for now.

but like i said before, my friend has been playing "competitively" for less than a month now.
i'm sure if you hella suck, you'd still have fun.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Haha I still don't have it on my laptop. I probably won't buy it until it's much cheaper, but my brother has it and I'm down to play anytime he's not playing. I still haven't played at all, but it's similar enough I think I'd be able to pick it up pretty fast. My bro said that you can't add someone simply based off of their character name though and that there's some code you need too. Idk anything about that, but I think his name is Squirrel

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
yeah you need a character code.

well let's play anytime.

i did my placement matches, won 4 out of 5 and placed in the gold league <-- very proud of that LOL

i'm not that good though

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Well, like I said, I haven't played at all yet. I played 3 or 4 games during phase 1 of the beta, but that's it. My crew hasn't really played at all yet either, but we're all gonna start playing in a few weeks. Man, that game's gonna consume my life lol

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
So... is anyone actually going to this? There are 3 tournaments going on this weekend so I wouldn't be surprised if very few people showed up. Until recently i've been sick as well so this tourney is kinda late notice. Just wondering how many people will be there though

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
they have other stuff going on at the venue. It'll be 5 or 6 weeks before I can do anything again

Yeah though, tourney's cancelled

torres6161

Smash Rookie
hey im new here when are you guys having another tourney im from turlock i can get me and a buddy to go i never played in a tourney but i want to try it out let me know thanks :)

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
We've got a tourney coming up in Modesto on October 10th, and modesto's probably 20 minutes or less from modesto. The next closest tournaments are in merced, which is still pretty close but a little farther away. Just to make sure you know though, both of those tournaments are MELEE only (NOT BRAWL). The closest Brawl tournaments are probably in Sacramento

It'd be great to see you and your friend there if you do end up going though

torres6161

Smash Rookie
yeah i know its melee for the cube i like it alot better so the tourneys are in modesto thats pretty close im so down to go! october 10th so how much does it cost? and what are the rule do they play with items no items ect? sorry im a noob and im just really curious on how it goes on in a tourney like if u lose once your out or what?? but i will go for sure ill bring my buddy to :)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
yeah i know its melee for the cube i like it alot better so the tourneys are in modesto thats pretty close im so down to go! october 10th so how much does it cost? and what are the rule do they play with items no items ect? sorry im a noob and im just really curious on how it goes on in a tourney like if u lose once your out or what?? but i will go for sure ill bring my buddy to :)
all that information should be in the first post of this thread.

see you there, bro.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
@torres: hope to see you there

@Lorona: Idk if anyone from Stockton is going, so I'll get back to you on that

@pnaleek: Find a way to merced, then get one of them to drive you the rest of the way. heh, hope you can make it

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Tournament's this Sunday- 10/10/10

This may be the last one I have for a while depending on how difficult my classes get as the semester progresses. Don't miss it though, it's gonna be a lot of fun. :D

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Nah, you can't take bart to get here. I know there are other smashers from Fremont though so I'd try to get a ride from one of them (although I'm not sure that any of them are coming this time)

The ruleset is in the first post of the thread. It's the same ruleset as every tournament we've had so far.

And biz- take it easy if you're sick man. Besides, that means I've got a shot at actually placing in this tournament lolololol

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Not enough people showed up/were willing to pay to enter so we ended up having a round robin tournament for fun (with no entry fee). Based those results...

1st- Dewky (Ganon)
2nd- Sage (Marth)
3rd- gkinfinity (Zelda)
4th- Suuwo (Fox)
5th- Navi (Falco)
6th- Leo (Peach)
7th- Dr. Sh*t (Marth)
8th- Tricky (Marth)

Top Bottom