• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 Modded controllers allowed?

Asylum

Smash Journeyman
Yeah dude, if that wasn't allowed half of the smashers signed up wouldn't be able to play. No other modifications are allowed besides light mods.

Tubbs

Smash Rookie
Things like removing shoulder button springs like you did, and/or changing color plates should be fine, but I don't think anyone would be too happy if someone showed up with turbo buttons and what not.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Removing the springs lets you shield instantly cause you have to press down on L/R to get shield to come out.

1-X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
musokid89
This is getting a little off-topic now, I'm sure there is another thread that explains this BUT ...

I'm not going to Apex though I did just remove my shoulder springs from L and R buttons today and they work great.

It works the exact same way that the Z or any other instantaneous button works, it presses L or R down instantly and releases with no spring resistance.

It was a little tricky to do and I actually ended up needing to do a few adjustments cause my controller wasn't the kind used in the video but it's basically explained here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQbZfd1Mbz8

Shwag

Smash Cadet
I removed the spring (I have a white controller) but it doesnt actually press...it just stays flat. Any suggestions?
You need to make sure you line the holes on the triggers up correctly to fit into the white pegs on the motherboard. If you have them misaligned your trigger will either not press all the way down or will stay stuck completely down.

Bears_x

Smash Rookie
Is it ok?

I'm pretty sure MLG rules are absolutely no mods(they must be stock) or at least it was back in the day(I'm not sure about GC, I'm talking 360 games).

Only thing I can find in the Apex Rules set is

"
  • Any visible hardware or software modifications to game systems are not allowed for hacking or backup loading usage."

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
Its fine, nobody ever enforces any of the controller modification rules at this event.

Top Bottom