• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MK8 has replay uploads directly to YouTube & Voice Chat...Will Smash?

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I'm glad they're finally coming around to it, but seriously Nintendo, welcome to, what? 2006?
Nintendo has had voice chat with their games for a long time like Pokémon and Animal Crossing; it's just not frequent with other games.

Edit: Never mind. I saw your other post, so I understand now.

Last edited:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
inb4 Sm4sh doesn't have any form of voice chat and everyone's dreams are crushed.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I just want the replay to youtube option. I want to get some real gameplay onto my channel so i can torture my friend who can't seem to get a Wii U. (My friend wants one. I'm just a horrible person)

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I just want the replay to youtube option. I want to get some real gameplay onto my channel so i can torture my friend who can't seem to get a Wii U. (My friend wants one. I'm just a horrible person)
You're a terrible person, but I love your logic anyway.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
The voice chat always made tons of sense because the Wii U gamepad has a mic anyway.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I think because replays already appeared in Brawl, it's pretty likley that we'll be able to share them, but I don't know about being able to YouTube them. I can't think of any actual reason against them, but I also can't think of any actual reason against fully customizable lobbies with randoms.

As far as voice chat, that's something that'll probably be reserved for play with friends. I mean the code of conduct and reporting system is in place there, but still, I just expect the worst when it comes to some of these features from Nintendo games.

Either way, unless there is Smash Online details yet to be revealed, it's looking like MK will again be superior online for the tournament mode and customization that that allows alone, even if Smash also gets the YouTube and voice chat features.

.Lucina

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5327-1598-3487
My Youtube channel has a grand total of 0 videos, so I'd love it if you could upload Smash onto it! I'll probably end up with Mario Kart videos anyway, but Smash would be great to put on.(Only if you can save replays over 3 minutes, though)

R0Y

Smash Master
Only matters to those who try to monitize Nintendo's work. A non-issue for most people and you will NOT be given a copyright strike simply because something is ContentID'd by Nintendo. This is free advertising to them.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Only matters to those who try to monitize Nintendo's work. A non-issue for most people and you will NOT be given a copyright strike simply because something is ContentID'd by Nintendo. This is free advertising to them.
Yea that's basically the idea i got i probably should of added that.

The Wii U probably has the best art design-graphical power balance on the market.
I don't believe that's a thing, but I know what you're getting at. Photorealism isn't always the best when making games, but if Nintendo access to hardware similar to the PS4 and XBOX One the characters would look like their CG renders in game.

Seriously, could you imagine?

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
Holy crap nintendo are adding things that games have been benefiting from on other consoles for years now!!!!
We may be on the verge of hearing that it's gonna have DLC next.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I'm pretty sure we'll get voice chat, and I REALLY hope we get replay uploads. My bigger concern is that they won't start producing a pro controller with mic support. Or a mic in general. There are woefully few options for communication on the Wii U.

I like how MK8 and Smash Bros look. I think they look fantastic. But I'm confident that neither beat out Infamous: Second Son, or Destiny in graphical fidelity. I own Infamous, and it looks jaw-droppingly beautiful at times. Also, Halo 2 came out in 2004 and had all the features that we are sitting here wondering if Nintendo will implement. Objectively, that is pretty sad.
I agree with all of this, but Mario Kart 8 is infinitely times more aestheically pleasing to look at than Second Son or Destiny (and play). :roll:

The Nintengods are masters at art, rendering and optimization. What good is hardware if you're boring? I think milking out the Wii U's power will not only produce even better looking games in the yearS to come, but will also not require 3x the budget of the other two consoles to produce games that need to match what is expected of the hardware.

Uh anyways, at this point I'd be shocked if voice chat wasn't an option. You're right, why do we still have to have doubts. Only menus were shown in the direct. Perhaps at E3 we'll see if we'll get a confirmation or those bubble texts during a match. Though really, I like MK8's only-lobby chat. I don't need to hear voices and whatever during the actual playing. It's even better for the suspense of coming back into the lobby and automatically hearing everyone say "OMG DID YOU SEE THAT" or "I HATE YOU!".... that's more fun to me. :bluejump:

Pékaßlu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0147-0376-7641
I can hear the screaming 10 year olds already

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I don't believe that's a thing, but I know what you're getting at. Photorealism isn't always the best when making games, but if Nintendo access to hardware similar to the PS4 and XBOX One the characters would look like their CG renders in game.

Seriously, could you imagine?
Just out of curiosity. Has any game, in the history of games, even had something as realistic looking as this?

I mean really. That Substitute Doll is one of the best looking things I even seen in any video game. It looks so realistic.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
For the how graphics matter, I'm going to be honest here for me it doesn't because not only it's not the only way to make your game immersive but it's also because the expression don't judge a book by its cover applies perfectly here.

Like really people do this and it makes some game underrated Earthbound is the best example I have. Really, to represent the real side of the society the way that this does is amazing. The irony is that the graphics are SO SIMPLE (and actually, I like this design) and JUST because of this, it got so bad reviews and they just don't look on the inside. I'm serious there's huge amount of huge elements that seems weird and out of place but nothing is in this game without a purpose there's a deep meaning behind this game. It tries to represent the hard reality of our society but with such a creative way and still manage to immerse the player again in a creative way. Rolling bar hp makes you mash the text, the feeling of not being safe, and the music ESPECIALLY sanctuary guardian this music just reminds you of the decisive aspect of your following decision instead of the intensity of the battle (tough, porkey means business is very good).

And now, look at how some people love this game so much. For me, it's like city trial I was sure that it wasn't the end for this mode and now it's in smash run thanks to Sakurai that is really determined to put creative contents even if those were underrated.

So, does graphics matter? yes but not in the way to be the most accurate and realistic but rather to the point of having consistent and creative design (here I have a too long list of games but I'm just going to name Paper Mario the Thousand-year Door). Nintendo seems to understands this along with some indie developers which is the reason I love Nintendo so much (and you can also applies this to the whole way that they want you to experience the game).

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity. Has any game, in the history of games, even had something as realistic looking as this?

I mean really. That Substitute Doll is one of the best looking things I even seen in any video game. It looks so realistic.
Yo, that doll looks better than the characters, no lie.

However , it does have some polygons that aren't completely rounded out.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
So, does graphics matter? yes but not in the way to be the most accurate and realistic but rather to the point of having consistent and creative design (here I have a too long list of games but I'm just going to name Paper Mario the Thousand-year Door). Nintendo seems to understands this along with some indie developers which is the reason I love Nintendo so much (and you can also applies this to the whole way that they want you to experience the game).
I would say graphics matter very little in SSB, but I'm more concerned about how they matter in making games easily ported to the WiiU when they go PS4/XBONE.

Nintendo saves money by staying a gen behind, but imagine how much better they'd be doing if EVERY 3RD PARTY GAME could easily be ported to the WiiU. No one would need a 2nd console for the games the WiiU wasn't getting.

Then, Nintendo's exclusives would make them shine all the brighter, as the WiiU could be your one stop console for everything.

Nintendo's general treatment of 3rd parties could as use some work, however...

Last edited:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Don't care about voice chat, that's what Skype is for. The Youtube uploading thing though, if MK8 can do it so can smash.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
They better. If they have YouTube support for both, I'd never need to blow all my cash on capture stuff and hacks and editing and stuff.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Also, not to single anyone out in particular, but I need to point out that just because you don't care about voice chat doesn't mean that it isn't a highly desirable feature and pretty much par for the course in online gaming these days.

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
Art design isn't something determined by hardware.

I'm likely still going to have to have a gamepad out of its dock, sitting somewhere near me. That's annoying. I'd rather just plug a headset into the Pro controller, or Nintendo build the same mic in the gamepad, into the Pro controller.
There's nothing I like more to hear in the mic than a CLANK CLANK from somebody smashin their joystick :3. I don't think a Mic in a Pro controller would work too well, I'd stick to headsets.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Well from the looks of it, MK8 only supports chat with friends, so that sounds about like something that Nintendo would do for Smash.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I would say graphics matter very little in SSB, but I'm more concerned about how they matter in making games easily ported to the WiiU when they go PS4/XBONE.

Nintendo saves money by staying a gen behind, but imagine how much better they'd be doing if EVERY 3RD PARTY GAME could easily be ported to the WiiU. No one would need a 2nd console for the games the WiiU wasn't getting.

Then, Nintendo's exclusives would make them shine all the brighter, as the WiiU could be your one stop console for everything.

Nintendo's general treatment of 3rd parties could as use some work, however...
Actually, the 3rd parties' treatment of Nintendo could use some work, can you say sensationalist press and overblowing every negative Wii U news and supporting the bashing of the Wii U? The thing with most third-parties: They gave the Wii U terrible ports that didn't sell because they were terrible...I mean, the other consoles' gamers deal with it because they've got nothing better, but am I really going to play a downgraded version of the latest Call Of Duty or FIFA on a console that has Super Mario 3D World?

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Actually, the 3rd parties' treatment of Nintendo could use some work, can you say sensationalist press and overblowing every negative Wii U news and supporting the bashing of the Wii U?
Sounds like you're confusing "3rd party developers" with "the gaming media".

And developers have a right to complain if Nintendo lags behind the hardware curve by an entire generation. Developers like working on the biggest and best hardware.

The thing with most third-parties: They gave the Wii U terrible ports that didn't sell because they were terrible...I mean, the other consoles' gamers deal with it because they've got nothing better, but am I really going to play a downgraded version of the latest Call Of Duty or FIFA on a console that has Super Mario 3D World?
You do realize that you just defeated your own argument, right?

You wouldn't be getting DOWNGRADED ports if the WiiU's hardware was up to snuff, and that's the ENTIRE point I was making.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Sounds like you're confusing "3rd party developers" with "the gaming media".

And developers have a right to complain if Nintendo lags behind the hardware curve by an entire generation. Developers like working on the biggest and best hardware.

You do realize that you just defeated your own argument, right?

You wouldn't be getting DOWNGRADED ports if the WiiU's hardware was up to snuff, and that's the ENTIRE point I was making.
No, you twisted my own words :D
The ports aren't downgraded because the Wii U can't handle them, just look at Nintendo's games, the ports are downgraded because the developers are doing a sucky effort. And, oh, how I love these 'an entire generation' people that can't understand the fact that the Wii U's above the PS3 and Xbox360 on terms of hardware. I haven't ever seen a game as good-looking as Mario Kart 8...not on PS3, not on Xbox360...and actually I still haven't seen anything that comes close to matching up for the so-called 'next-gen' systems, even though the Wii U's clearly a next-gen system, it's apparent when you actually use it and explore the features.

And third-party developers and the gaming media have merged together to gang up on Nintendo. Arrogant schmucks like Takeshi Miyazoe, for example, he laughed about Dark Souls II on Wii U and said the demographic wasn't right...yeah, right, because Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate wasn't one of the best-selling games for the Wii U when it launched.

Also, why didn't you mention the fact that why would I play a downgraded port when there's beautiful-looking, optimized, smooth, 60FPS, polished Nintendo games waiting for me? Might Nintendo be too good for its own good? Maybe if their games weren't as amazing they wouldn't overshadow the crappy, westernized, modernized games that the videogame industry has been pumping up recently.

We're derailing the thread, so I'll ask to stop here. Long live Nintendo, nuff' said.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
They can do it in smash but like Mario Kart 8 they are gonna claim the videos and make ad revenue off them apparently.http://playeressence.com/nintendo-w...os-uploaded-to-youtube-through-mario-kart-tv/
I think this won't be a big deal in all honesty. Obviously it has the benefit of helping Nintendo's financial problems, but more to the point, anyone who wants revenue from their Mario Kart videos likely has a capture device already or will buy one once the game comes out.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
I think this won't be a big deal in all honesty. Obviously it has the benefit of helping Nintendo's financial problems, but more to the point, anyone who wants revenue from their Mario Kart videos likely has a capture device already or will buy one once the game comes out.
Agreed but i think saying Nintendo is having financial problems is a bit far they have a lot of money.

BBG|Scott-Spain

Smash Journeyman
When I heard the new changes/features to Mario Kart, I was inches away from buying a WiiU. There will be some serious disappointment from the general gamer community if this game doesn't follow suit.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Also, why didn't you mention the fact that why would I play a downgraded port
If the WiiU's hardware is so much better, why are the ports downgraded?

when there's beautiful-looking, optimized, smooth, 60FPS, polished Nintendo games waiting for me?
Because, as I said earlier, Nintendo actually withholds information from 3rd party developers on how to get the most out of their hardware.

I was once like you: a blind Nintendo fan, who could only see Nintendo as the victim of undue abuse and scrutiny. After having done the research and seen the situation for what it truly is, I can safely say that Nintendo deserves almost every bit of flak they get.

This thread is INSANE when put in context. We shouldn't be getting excited about voice chat. We shouldn't be speculating whether it'll be in lobbies only. In any other online game on any other console, voice chat is omnipresent (and you're free to mute people if you want).

If they DON'T have it during gameplay, that will suck, because VC DURING a round of SSB with my friends would be the closest thing I'll have to getting them all back in the same room to play it like we did with SSB64 back in the day. Trash talking during the match is half the fun, after all.

Last edited:

Poots

Smash Journeyman
Well from the looks of it, MK8 only supports chat with friends, so that sounds about like something that Nintendo would do for Smash.
I personally don't care for talking with strangers online, so this wouldn't bother me one bit.
I really don't need some guy/6yearold screaming in my ear.

Top Bottom