• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MK Rating System

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
Ok, since every day there turns up a new "rate my mk" , so i figured if we put up a standard to rate MK's against it would be alot more helpful than saying your good or you suck. people giving tips is always nice but a tangible rating i think could be helpful. So here goes.

100 point scale

Approach - 5 points, 1 point for being very predictale, 5 for keeping things mixed up and having a successful and varied approach

Character match up - 5 points, MK has the edge on most characters, so matchup is important, playing a character that MK SHOULD beat every time gives a low score Playing a character like Snake gives a high score.

Combos - 10 points, Some people say they dont' exist, prove me wrong for a high score

Pressure
- 5 points, MK is not a campy character, so applying the right amount of pressure is key

Pursuit - 8 points, letting your opponent recover is a bad idea

Specials - 7 points, Using your specials correctly, not spamming sex tornado, but using your specials in the right situation

Tilts - 7 points, Using your tilts, most people don't use them enough, i know i'm guilty of that

Aerials - 7 points, Using your aerials is one of the most important things about being MK

Grabs - 4 points, Every characters grab game is important

Recovery - 5 points, Getting back to the stage is important, how you do it is also important

Mind games - 4 points, This all depends on the other player and your own playstyles

Gimping - 10 points, Easiest way to kill with MK, so , so , so important

Edge game - 9 points, Edge games are just as important as gimping

Opponent's skill - 12 points, Let's face it, owning noobs and cpu's doesn't mean anything

Win/Loss - 2 points, winning is important, but playing against tough opponents is more important when starting a "rate my meta knight" thread

Ok, here's what i'll be using to rate peoples MK vids, any comments and ideas are welcome, i just figured a standard would help us alot,

The R1ngo Rating System!!!!

It's not perfect but it should do the job.

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
i didn't plan on vids being put in here, do you have a thread? if not i guess i'll start rating vids in here

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
This can be used as a video and rating thread. Its a very good idea you have. Ice Climbers have alot of moves to take on mach tornado. Their side b (squall hammer) beats the tornado every time. *_*
Is there anything I should of done to destroy them even harder?

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
This is soooo cool R1ngo...wow, I have to say, I've never thought of anything like this before...nice.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
The rating should be changed. Why would approach be worth less than how you use MK's special attacks?

What you should do is just rate each category separately, perhaps with a percentage (0% - 100%) so people can see where their strengths lie and where they are lacking. And you don't need so many categories, just enough to cover the general gameplay. I suggest:
Offense - How well did you move in for an attack? Does it lead into a good offensive posture, or did you get punished for it? Do your attacks string together or do you just whiff your follow-up attacks? Being predictable doesn't matter as long as it works.

Accuracy - Did you just spam attacks until your opponent got hit, or did you strike with precision and foresight? Luring foes in with a draw or faking them out with feints or stalls do not count against this as they are smart gameplay.

Defense - Proper DI, good distancing, maneuvering around projectiles, shielding and counter attacking out of shield, reading an attack ahead of time, and even countering an attack with a "trump" attack (properly distancing a d-tilt to trip someone attempting a dash attack, for instance).

Off Stage - Fighting off the stage is important for recovery, edge guarding, air guarding, and gimping. This includes a mixture of offense, defense, and ingenuity as a mistake can result in a loss of stock.

Style - Doing all the things you need to is all fine and dandy, but doing it in style is what's important. :)
Let's face it, "Mind Games" plays an integral part of all the above categories, so it doesn't need a category of its own.

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
i tried to weight things according to what i think is important, i'll start posting all of the category sccores from now on as well i am thinking that would be more helpful

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I was rethinking my evaluation chart and in the process came up with an exceptionally good way of rating players. But upon further conjecture, it might be a little too deep for what most players are looking for, so I'm not going to bother posting it.

ollenberger121

Smash Apprentice
post it ....like i said i like his idea but i think it could be inproved lets see your way

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
good to see you posting timmy!, like i said earlier its just a rating that i am going to do, i broke it down into small and most specific things i could,
as far as the points go, it was really late and about 5 new rate my mk posts came up so i threw it together, it's far from perfect but i'm just trying to use something to rate mk's in a uniform way

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
post it ....like i said i like his idea but i think it could be inproved lets see your way
The five points I made previously are enough to accurately critique the number of "rate my meta knight" videos that spring up. My other idea might be beyond the scope of such requests, and subsequently not worthwhile.

Top Bottom