• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MK and Snake banned in Japan?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Yea, this will probably get locked, but that's what I heard. Can anyone confirm this?

samai

Smash Apprentice
I don't think they've been banned and first they would probably get soft-banned

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Oh man I'm laughing so hard.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I thought wierd characters were placing over there, not MK and Snake. That'd be like banning falco/d3 here.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Meta Knight won Ketubato-X01. I'm not sure what your source is.

.Marik

is a social misfit
There's no way they ban characters completely, that wouldn't be fair for people who main them.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is Japan we're talking about, the only country that I know of which only softbans Akuma while the rest of the world hardbans him. In other words, they're not very banhappy.

EazyP

Smash Ace
I remember hearing a lot at Axis and from random people that Japan put out a ban on Snake but where thinking about lifting it, I don't think they did anything to Metaknight

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
And what good will a ban do? Give people the easy way to win? Japan is smarter than that.

Oh god, Snake and MK arn't impossible. Best chars in the game, yes, but not ban-worthy. If they are banned nobody will find ways to counter them. EVER. Think melee sheik.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
This is Japan we're talking about, the only country that I know of which only softbans Akuma while the rest of the world hardbans him. In other words, they're not very banhappy.
I agree with this. If they did ban them, that would be surprising to me because it's not something I would expect from Japan.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
And what good will a ban do? Give people the easy way to win? Japan is smarter than that.

Oh god, Snake and MK arn't impossible. Best chars in the game, yes, but not ban-worthy. If they are banned nobody will find ways to counter them. EVER. Think melee sheik.
when i think melee sheik i remember how she goes even or gets beat by fox/falco and then remember how mk has noone who has an advantage over him or goes even except another mk

ooops

unwelc0med

Smash Journeyman
yes, because youtube, along with wikipedia, is the most reliable source on the internet amirite?

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
I'm sorry if this has been explained already, but what is a softban exactly??
That's where people agree not to play the character, but you can if you feel you need to. Using a soft banned character is generally frowned upon and garners much ridicule if you lose.
Soft bans only work in Japan. In the States, we either ban it out right as a last resort, or use it and abuse it until it needs banning.

Pk_Starstorm11

Smash Cadet
I don't know some of the videos of how they play do look more fun. I hate playing with "pros" that just sit and taunt in a 4 player match with King Dedede its f'in stupid just fight ****. I just like playing with people that just try and fight and use defense correctly not a taunting im gay way.

anyway I heard that they were taking Falco out but thats just me.

Afo

Smash Apprentice
Thx 4 the explanation. The whole softban thing doesn´t seem to make much sense, I'd rather ban a character or not at all, I can see why it would only work in japan...

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Uhh don't some people here already sorta soft ban MK and Snake?
I mean I know people who are like "you lost even when you used MK!" or "don't pick Snake man, don't ruin the fun".

But idk too much about this, so don't take this too seriously. >_>

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
That would mean Falco would now top off their tier lists lolololololol
I have no idea, but it sounds unlikely.
For the last time, the Tier List is not based entirely or even largely on tournament results! It's based on character potential!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
They're not particularly keen on hard-bans, but this is supposed to be a soft-ban, remember they do soft-ban characters that we don't (ex. Old Sagat).

I'm going to say what I've said before, it's a move that deserves scorn if true, but it's not likely.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
As was pointed out earlier, MK and Snake were NOT banned in Japan. They were even present in Ketubatu X, a large-scale Japanese tournament. Metaknight won. There were a Snake or two that placed 9th (along with a Fox IIRC), but no Snakes (or other MKs) in the top 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom