• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mizzou Competitive Gaming presents The Missouri Gaming Championships

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
This is exactly what happened... It wasn't a person familiar with melee who designed the flyers so they didn't catch their mistake until it was too late to change anything. We plan on doing this many many more times over the course of next year's school year... so see us back in action in the fall, and hopefully with regularly scheduled tournaments.

I appreciate everyone that contributed to helping set up and organize the tournament, that was the first time we had ever used that venue for anything and were really testing the waters with its capabilities.. I understand that people wanted to get in and get things rolling, and I'm glad that everything ended up working out smoothly. We had initially planned on using a different room, inside of that massive building which would of been better... but due to scheduling errors we were unable to get it and were given the spot we were at instead.

If you have any comments or things you'd like to add or see done differently, we'd gladly take them in consideration for the next time we have an event... I know that parking was a major issue this time, as was locating the building.
this.

and jared posting twice in one thread? unheard of.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Yeah Akuma you should start becoming a regular here on smashboards. '06 join date with 7 posts is just stupid lol.

I'm excited to hear that these will be a regular thing. It was hella fun and the venue was ooook. It would be better to be in a smaller room with less windows so there's not as much glare though.

Everyone in the Columbia crew is really cool and awesome.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Just wanted to make a post and thank everyone for coming. Although I didn't help set up the tournament at all, I am really glad I was able to give Alex and Mike good enough directions to the venue (and directions for parking too).
Just wanted to say sorry too that so many ppl flaked out on us last minute (including those within our crew ...cough...Leviathan and Leum...cough... although Leum actually had reasons lol). I know Darkatma, brawlpro, Phil, a lot of Rolla ppl, some more StL ppl, and a lot of KC ppl, were planning on coming but then ended up just not coming altogether. I'm guessing it turned out to be a pretty ****ty weekend for everyone. Hopefully that won't be the case next time...
Just glad that everyone had a good time. I know I had a good time until about 3 o'clock when my pain started kicking in high gear. At that point in time, I just wanted to leave lol. Sorry if I didn't get to play everyone (although for some reason I feel like I did).
Glad everyone made it safe too. Hope to see you all at Event 52.

MeijinAkuma

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Akuma you should start becoming a regular here on smashboards. '06 join date with 7 posts is just stupid lol.

I'm excited to hear that these will be a regular thing. It was hella fun and the venue was ooook. It would be better to be in a smaller room with less windows so there's not as much glare though.

Everyone in the Columbia crew is really cool and awesome.
Haha... Alright... but it'll ruin my average.... right now I'm at about 1 post per month I've played melee competitively.

Jace08

Smash Lord
first of all shoutout to sinister for nearly winning this thing... I know I always say you've gotten sooooo much better man but it's so true lol, our games were so close! And then loser's finals ohhh maaaan

Geno- for having the most clutch pocket luigi I've ever laid eyes on. You vs sinister was insane

Springfield crew I was so happy to finally meet you all! Really fun hanging with you on that saturday afternoon; you made me really want to start attending your monthlies. Zantetsu I was particularly impressed with your fox, really unique playstyle. Ziv always great seeing you man. But don't watch arc vids cuz he's bad watch m2k vids :p

Bert- Great playing and seeing you there, that really sucks that a day like that can be ruined by your pain. Hope you feel better man and I'm glad you still had a good time in the morning/afternoon

Sam- great meeting you and nice peach!

Akuma- your samus really caught me off guard. Ask spaceballs about that falcon bair thing, if he doesn't know no one does lol

Lixi- keep up those ICs man, fun games

darkatma you should have gone and destroyed me lol

sorry if I forgot anyone!

oh yeah and I believe strong bad is gonna get some vids up fairly soon

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
thanks jace. we should play more next time we meet. i don't think we even played more than like 2 friendlies. you still play IC's at all? i could use some training at that as well.

Top Bottom