• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MISSION: EBA and Ouendan support thread

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
YAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Now is the time for HT to do the happy dance!! *leaps up from chair and busts some sweet moves*

*catches breath* Okay, I'm good now. But still, hells yeah! Ouendan 2!! Just when I thought the original Ouendan couldn't get any better. A brand new, rival cheer group? I can't wait to hear more about this!! ^_^ Awesome find, Stryks!! You rock!

chalupa

Smash Cadet
NNID
TacoShell
3DS FC
3265-5071-3854
I LOVE EBA/OUENDAN/OUENDAN 2 soooooooo MUCH!!!!

I think that the game should have both Agent Jay and Ryuta and they can have the burning/star thing they do in vs as the special move. Having these guys in brawl is the next best thing to having Michel Jackson himself (moon-walker just had to be a genesis game.)

Vali

Smash Ace
EBA Luvin' Machine here :laugh: Got all S-rank videos of Kahn strutting his sexy stuff. It's one of my favourite games of all time, it's just so fun, addictive and accessible. Ouendan is alright, didn't enjoy it as much as EBA but I'm not the biggest fan of Japanese music and I found it just didn't follow the beats half as well as EBA. For an EBA team, costumes would work really really well. You could actually have the 4 separate teams for them (probably been said before).

As far as their Brawl move goes, anyone thought of having Kahn pop up, saying "Agents are...GO!" and then either add all of the EBA agents you aren't playing as to your EBA squad or just appearing by opponents and comboing them a bit? Infact I wouldn't mind if the Brawl move just transformed whoever your lead Agent was into Kahn for some a-hole-kicking moves. Even if he does dance like a girl :chuckle:.

Or just force the opponents to S-Rank JJF on HR and if anyone fails they immediately lose all their stocks or -99 points on timed mode. It's a pretty safe Brawl move because any loyal EBA fanatics (who'd be the only ones able to do it) would be garunteed to play the EBA agents if they were implemented ^^

Oh and this guy is far too good at Ouendan 2 for his own good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqp3DLv9iSE
That's on Hidden mode where the circles just appear and disappear, no timing circles to help you time the beats. It ain't too hard really if you get good enough like that guy.

SkyeYuki

Smash Apprentice
oh god EBA/Ouendan is SSBB. This is easily one of the better ideas I've seen come from this forum. <3<3<3 Their entire move set could be dance moves from the game.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
This topic hasn't been seen for a while. For some reason I'm starting to think the Ouendan/EBA would work out better as ATs, but if they were playable characters, that would be insane.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
For a while I thought EBA was AT-only material. After the advent of PT, however, EBA has a legitimate chance at being a PC. EBA FTW! :grin:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Although I still expect to see them as an AT, I had a great idea for the dynamics of a playable Ouendan/EBA.

Instead of having three characters who all perform the same move (like the Ice Climbers), imagine that you have three characters standing shoulder to shoulder and when a move is performed, they all perform a different action which still falls within the context of the move.

For example, When you Up smash, the left guy swings his fist up at an angle from the left, the middle guy thrusts his fists straight up, and the right guy swings his fist up from the right. The characters would work together to cover as much area as possible with each move, such as a down smash causing the left and right guys to leg sweep their respective sides while the center guy attacks the ground immediately below him.

Thus, as the characters are KOed individually, the area covered by the moveset would diminish (with the center character being the key character). I imagine they'd still jump and move in perfect sync, but they'd perform different functions in each move.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
I prefer EBA in the game,not Ouendan,EBA are more wackier and more familiar to people,maybe the USA version of Brawl has EBA and the JPN version has Ouendan,individual characters or Alternative Costumes,maybe they could be like Pkmn Trainer,or maybe you just control either Spin,Jay,Cheftain,C.Kahn,Star and the backups are in the backround

Metal_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktriforce1990
3DS FC
0216-0895-5308
I thought of the perfect way to get Ryuta and Agent J in Brawl.

Starter: Agent J
Icon: Elite Beat Agents/Ouendan badge

Unlockable: Ryuta
Icon: Elite Beat Agents/Ouendan badge

vonfinell

Smash Apprentice
*bump*
Does anybody have any EBA support tags to put in your sig? I'm a huge EBA fan (although I can't say I'm a Luvin' Machine...yet) and I've even been toying with an EBA moveset. I'll post it here once I finish it.

AGENTS ARE GO!

Ehh

Awesome game, but definitely not a great representative for Touch! Generations.

A better rep would be somebody like Dr. Lobe or Professor Layton.

parrothead

Smash Lord
When I used the list of characters mentioned more than once in Sakurai's SSBB poll, and the Icon Theory, I noticed that the Ouendan were requested more than once, while them and their series begins with the letter "O", they are most likely Icon #19, which is between Kid Icarus (Myth of Light) and Sonic. Even though, the MegaMan (Rockman) series might become that icon number, the Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune spoke recently in a Q+A session on the Bionic Commando podcast. He revealed that he hasn't yet been approached about including Mega Man in Super Smash Bros Brawl. And while Nintendo is printing copies of SSBB, Keiji Inafune won't have enough time to support Sakurai on developing MegaMan for SSBB.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Our hopes now lie with the EBA.

''HEEEEEEAAAAAAALP!!!!"

I wonder if normal trophies deconfirm Assist Trophies as well... I guess not.

UserShadow7989

Smash Journeyman
Actually, that trophy has the leaders of both Ouendan teams on it, so it doesn't necessarily deconfirm the Ouendan. Like how the trophy of Mario in his soccer outfit doesn't deconfirm him. Besides that, the Cheer Girls' style of cheering is more familiar to western audiences, so they may end up being used instead of Ryuta/the other leader who's name I forget.

Of course, it's 4:27 AM over here, so that might just be the lack of sleep talking.

Top Bottom