• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MISSION: EBA and Ouendan support thread

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
I would just like to say that after watching that video, Quendan has GOT to be in this game. Hell, I'll probably import the game just after watching that one video alone. An item would be better, where Kokoro Odoru suddenly plays in the background while a specific player is shown different buttons to press to cause CRITICAL DAMAGE (sorry for the PS3 ref. :p) to their enemy. All while the Quendan Cheer Squad dances around like the maniacs they are.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Abso-freakin'-lutely. Ouendan needs to be in Brawl, end of story. The amount of hilarity and fun they could add in gameplay is immesureable.

Also, the names of the members are Ippongi Ryūta (leader), Saitō, and Suzuki. I just thought I'd point that out because so far, they've been reffered to only as 'the one with the headband' and 'the other two'. That should clear things up a bit.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Elite Beat Agents to be released soon = Ouendan has basically been introduced to the outside world. Ouendan FTW!

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
MISSION:
Get EBA as soon as possible!

HEEEEAAAAAALLLP!!

Okay. Bump for an augmentation of topics. This thread is now about both Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! and Elite Beat Agents.

How to give us both the American and Japanese versions of the character? Easy. Alternate Costumes would give us both Ryuta and co. as well as Swirly-head and his two afro buddies. Also, there are the two sets of Cheer-girls (Or Elite Beat Divas) one based on traditional High-school cheerleaders, and the other seemingly based on professional football cheerleaders, meaning a large rise in bumping and grinding, and a much less subtle approach to the sexy. And don't forget Commander Khan, flanked by two of his Divas, of course.

Anyways, Discuss

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I got Elite Beat Agents yesterday. It is quite possibly the greatest DS game I have ever played. I would even go so far as to say that it is worth buying a DS for the sole purpose of playing this game. It. freakin'. ROCKS!!!

However, the more I think about it, a 3-man tag team probably wouldn't work very well. Chances are that they'd be highly broken, either in the sense that three characters at once makes them too combo-licious and they're too good, or in the sense that controlling 3 characters at once would become cumbersome to the point of being unplayable. Therefore, I think that the leaders from either the Ouendan or the EBA should be the character, and the rest of team should show up for attacks, preferably the Super Smash.

Ryūta and Agent 'J' for Brawl!!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I got Elite Beat Agents and I must say, I may like the game more than OUENDAN! I think I get what you mean about comparing them the "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure" on the PSX, you'd fight with either Ryuta or Agent J, and then doing a B move or Smash attack calls them out for a second to do the attack with you (Like Stands in Jojo's Bizare Adventure)

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I came up with a great Super Smash for Agent J:

He would call Derek and Morris to the stage, and the three of them would start singing and dancing. All of the other players on the stage would stop where they are and start waving their arms back and forth in the air. This doesn't stop until they are attacked, leaving them vulnerable.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Agent Cheiftan would be quite the bad***, but it seems more than likely that if any of the Agents makes it in, it'll be J.

Kirby PopStar

Smash Cadet
I think having and Ouendan or Elite Beat Agents appearance in this game is almost too good to bee true. At the very most, we could see them as trophies though, right?

I hope I'm wrong. Having Ippongi Ryuta and Agent J as characters would be too great!

Alpo

Smash Apprentice
I didn't have a DS for a while. At first it was because I was stubborn and I thought it was gimmicky. Then it was because there weren't many games I was interested in.

I finally bought a DS a few weeks ago.... the main reason being Ouendan and EBA (the other main reason being Phoenix Wright). I ordered Ouendan a couple of weeks ago and got EBA the day it came out. It's friggin' addicting. I can't wait until Ouendan comes in the mail.

I'd freak out if they were in the game. I support you fully.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I just thought of something: What if Sakurai actually decides to add in this character? Would he choose the Ouendan, or the EBA? Most of us just assumed that if Ouendan got in, they'd be replaced by the agents in the NA version, but how can we be sure? What if they decide against that? Would people be happy with Ouendan, at the expense of the EBA?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I just thought of something: What if Sakurai actually decides to add in this character? Would he choose the Ouendan, or the EBA? Most of us just assumed that if Ouendan got in, they'd be replaced by the agents in the NA version, but how can we be sure? What if they decide against that? Would people be happy with Ouendan, at the expense of the EBA?
Is EBA going to be released in Asia, specifically Japan? If so, I assume their chances will shoot up

Either way, I'd expect EBA because Sora seems to be picking character's newer desings, as well as EBA being released outside of Japan.

icymatt

Smash Lord
I doubt EBA will be released outside the West, because it is tailor-made for that audience.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Is EBA going to be released in Asia, specifically Japan? If so, I assume their chances will shoot up

Either way, I'd expect EBA because Sora seems to be picking character's newer desings, as well as EBA being released outside of Japan.
The story of the EBA, as far as I know, goes like this: when the creators of Ouendan saw how well the game was selling imports in the US, they realised that there was too much money to lose by keeping it a Japan-only game. However, they also realised that Ouendan was way too Japanese to appeal to most Western gamers. That's why they retooled the game from the ground up specifically designed for American audiences, using such references as the Blues Brothers, Men In Black, and Ghostbusters when designing the new characters, the Elite Beat Agents.

The major conflict is that OTO is too japanese for western gamers, and EBA is too western for japanese gamers. Quite the conundrum...

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
The major conflict is that OTO is too japanese for western gamers, and EBA is too western for japanese gamers. Quite the conundrum...
Quite ironic

Maybe they will make a sequel that ties with the events of both games and release it world-wide or make an entirely new game with new characters and new sstoryline with the gameplay on a worldwide scale

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Maybe they will make a sequel that ties with the events of both games and release it world-wide or make an entirely new game with new characters and new sstoryline with the gameplay on a worldwide scale
O.O *drool*

Don't do that! You get my hopes all up and then... wah.:(

At any rate, for the time being let's just hope that our theory is correct, and that if Ouendan makes it in, they'll be replaced by the EBA in the international release.

xzakcorex

Smash Journeyman
The real question is, in my opinion, which stage would be included as an EBA stage? The most likely pick from Ouedan is, of course, Ready Steady Go!, but for Beat Agents... I think I'd most like to see Without a Fight.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
The real question is, in my opinion, which stage would be included as an EBA stage? The most likely pick from Ouedan is, of course, Ready Steady Go!, but for Beat Agents... I think I'd most like to see Without a Fight.
Well, Jumpin' Jack Flash is the literal analogue to RSG. In it, the world is attacked by Music-fearing aliens.

mkmelee

Smash Lord
I honestly don't see how these wacky dudes could be put into Brawl, but if Nintendo can do it right, then they should go right ahead.

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman
Well, Jumpin' Jack Flash is the literal analogue to RSG. In it, the world is attacked by Music-fearing aliens.
Maybe it would be a city-scape level (similar somewhat to Fourside) and every once and a while the alien ships would come down and attack and turn characters to stone temporarily.

Also, are these games made by Nintendo? I was under the assumption they collaborated with a small third-party developer.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Maybe it would be a city-scape level (similar somewhat to Fourside) and every once and a while the alien ships would come down and attack and turn characters to stone temporarily.

Also, are these games made by Nintendo? I was under the assumption they collaborated with a small third-party developer.
The Nintendo Logo is enblazoned on the front, so I'm assuming it's a Nintendo Second-party game.

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman
So the characters belong to Nintendo, even though the company (which I've learned is called iNiS) actually made the game, right? Because if they're third party, then I don't want them in. But if they're not, then I totally support them.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Elite Beat Agents is a 2nd party game, just like Earthbound, Metroid Prime, and Super Smash Bros. And it's freaking awesome.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I don't want them in now, not because they are a bad idea, but it would actually take away the fun I see in the EBA movies. Part of the fun is that they dance on songs we all know and (for most) love, and on which you can actually dance.

I mean, come on, September, Canned Heat. Both golden hits. Nobody will forget them.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
How would it ruin EBA for you? I think it would be awesome to see them put those smooth moves of theirs to some use on the battlefield. If anything, their inclusion may open the doors to let one or two of those songs into Smash Bros. Which would be awesome! ^_^ Walkie Talkie Man FTW!

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
*superduperdoublepostlasercannongo!*

Bump for all those about to rock. Namely, the Elite Beat Agents. :grin:

Kirye

Smash Ace
I heard stuff about this game from a friend of mine, telling me i'd love this game cause i'm a DDR fanatic *Which I am*, so I finally see a video of it.. and..

OMG! This game's awesome!

These guys just jumped up to my wanted list for Brawl, and now i'm gonna go drive to the Gamestop and get me a copy of this game. =D

EBA FOR BRAWL!

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Good call. Elite Beat Agents is exactly the kind of game the DS was made for. It is the single best game I have ever played on the DS. That being said, I must be off to go import Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Great justice and groovy tunes. ^_^

And just so this post isn't a complete waste: Here's a (very) short B-moveset I made up for Agent J. Not that it means anything, it's just for fun.

B: Badge Flash (Agent J pulls out his EBA badge and it flashes, stunning any player within a short distance in front of him.)
B smash: Agents are GO!!! (Agent J points forward, and Agents Derek and Morris appear and dash forward, shoulder checking anyone in their way.)
B up: Jet Pack (Agent J whips out a jet pack and rockets upwards diagonally, slamming into anyone he hits, and burning anyone behind him)
B down: Groove (Agent J starts singing and dancing. This sends out small musical notes around him that fade away after a very short distance. Any player that hits the notes or Agent J's dance moves will suffer medium damage with slight knockback. This move can be continued as long as B is held down.)

Super Smash: Are you ready?! (Agents Derek and Morris appear behind Agent J, and they break into a song and dance number. This causes all other players to freeze where they are and start waving their hands back and forth in the air to the music, leaving them completely vunlerable for about 10 seconds. During this time, Agent J can attack players without knocking them away, racking up damage. Agents Derek and Morris will also function as CPU allies for this short time, attack other players along with Agent J. After 10 seconds the fight resumes.)

Taunt: Agent J shows his badge and says "At your service!"

Stats:

Speed: 4/5
Strength: 4/5
Jump: 2/5
Fall: 1/5
Size: 3/5
Weight: 3/5
Traction: 1/5

I'll add the A moves when I get time to think of them. Comments?

kaid

Smash Master
Hmm... never played the game, but as a rythum (sp?) game, there are certian things they can play with. IASA moves, like mewtwo's dsmash, can be interrupted by starting another move before the animation ends. having a moveset composed of almost entirely IASA moves, all set to one or more "Beats" (say, 15 frames) you can give the character a tempo.

A well played EBA, then, would dance to the beat, while a poorly played one would be tripping over his feet.

A,A,A : 1/2 beat, 1/2 beat, 1 beat.
tilts: 2 beats. (half second)
Short hop would be 3-4 beats (fastfalling) and full jump would be an even 6 beats or so

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
I just played the demo and the game is so fun and addicting. I want a ds so bad right now its not even funny. And they do need the alt costume, I really like the way the japenese version look more, but they need both as options.

I support EBA in brawl. GO!!!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Mind if I use that sig? The EBA are my new favorite pick (next to Toad) for Brawl.

Toad > EBA > Midna. zomg YES. Ahahha I love this game, and just thinking of Agent "J" dialing J for Jiggy in Smash gets me all giddy inside. =)

Stryks

Smash Hero
yeah u can use it *CoughRepwouldbesweetCough*... anyway im hopin EBA get in brawl, I never saw the game b4, til I went to go and get my wii at launch, it was awesome, seeing the guy playin that... then everyone playin bomberman and mario kart... I was the only one without a DS seriously... but ill get one at my BD.... 4 more months XD...

Top Bottom