• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Missed tech Flame Choke followups confirmed by Japanese

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
From http://sns.prtls.jp/smashterra/newly_diary_login.html?id=398&did=034b3a35167de914b

You get NO followups on the following:
:rosalina::4sheik::4ganondorf:
:4pit::4darkpit::4palutena:
:4myfriends::4falcon::4wiifit:
:4lucina::4marth::4greninja:

Jab only on:
:4dk::4samus::4link:
:4duckhunt:

D-tilt only on:
:4peach::4zelda::4littlemac:
:4zss::4sonic:

D-tilt and F-tilt on:
:4mario::4luigi::4tlink:
:4robinm::4fox::4ness:
:4villager::4shulk::4megaman:

D-tilt and F-tilt and Jab on:
:4yoshi::4bowser::4bowserjr::4wario:
:4gaw::4diddy::4kirby::4dedede:
:4metaknight::4falco::4pikachu::4charizard:
:4lucario::4jigglypuff::4rob::4pacman:

D-smash
:4olimar:

The tests do not include Miis, Shulk's Monado arts, and how DI affects followups (especially the D-smash one on Olimar). Dash Attack was not tested either due to difficulty of input on a 3DS. I can't really understand the other remarks they made given I'm working with google translate.

They also call the testing preliminary, and that things may be wrong or missing. I'll be editing this either when I hear word from anyone that there are corrections.

I'm personally keeping my eye on this, just for curiosity's sake. Good to know there's Japanese enthusiasm for Ganondorf at least.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Might as well move Marth to the no follow ups list and add Greninja as well. I played against them online and I couldn't land any of his tilts or jabs, otherwise the list is accurate, I can vouch for it because I've faced this characters online and wasn't able to land a single move after Flame Choke.
Except for Sheik, I was able to follow-up on her with Down Tilt but perhaps the player wasn't teching enough.

Last edited:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Could someone test Dark Fists? Flame Choke -> Dark Fists registers as a true combo in the same way FC -> Dtilt does in training mode on Mario and Dark Fists kills him(no vectoring) off the top of FD at 80%, so it would be really good to know if that can be landed reliably.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Seems like "Soft Tilting" is not needed to properly buffer after a Gerudo.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Might sound kinda stupid, but I go by the rule that agile human(Or human-like, aka Greninja) fighters aren't affected. I know that's not true, but it helps me remember, then just focus on the exceptions.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
This isn't 100% accurate from what I can tell. You can land dtilts on A LOT more than just the characters listed, and some bigger characters (such as bowser and dk) can be hit with an fsmash.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
This isn't 100% accurate from what I can tell. You can land dtilts on A LOT more than just the characters listed, and some bigger characters (such as bowser and dk) can be hit with an fsmash.
What you see is a list of what attacks are garantueed to hit if they fail to tech the Flame Choke.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Any information if there are any characters that can NOT tech flame choke?
I haven't seen any character not been able to tech yet. Isn't it just a player's skill? Could be just me though.

Top Bottom