• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Mirror of Truth or Palutena's Advice? Both available at all hours of the day

kunimitsu877

Smash Apprentice
The only differences are that he has worse arrows and a different Sspecial. Only reason to pick him is the Electroshock arm.
his moves causes more damage the angle he sends you in is different and he has zeldas final smash so stronger slightly slower his side special will only swing if it touches the opponent while pits will swing regardless and dark pits arrows dont curve those are the only differences ive seen his recovery is higher than pits though

Oatkeeper

Smash Cadet
NNID
MForward56
3DS FC
3523-2118-1902
What are Dark Pit's approach options? I have trouble mixing things up when I use him and this becomes my downfall to adaptable players.

kunimitsu877

Smash Apprentice

The thread for all those confused about DP, but you're not sure where to ask, well now you can! Commonly asked questions and answers will be added to the OP later, but for now, feel free to ask (or answer) your fellow Dark Pit mains.
quick question why was black pit changed to dark pit race shouldn't have anything to do with that at all since they had no problems with black yoshi please explain it to me why the name change

OnettGirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Antagonistgreen
3DS FC
4742-5570-4170
quick question why was black pit changed to dark pit race shouldn't have anything to do with that at all since they had no problems with black yoshi please explain it to me why the name change
Black Pit is just his Japanese name. Dark Pit's his english name. There was probably a race thing in the english translation of Kid Icarus Uprising, but he's just always been known as Dark Pit over here and Black Pit in Japan. Just a localization thing as far as I can tell.

Last edited:

kunimitsu877

Smash Apprentice
Black Pit is just his Japanese name. Dark Pit's his english name. There was probably a race thing in the english translation of Kid Icarus Uprising, but he's just always been known as Dark Pit over here and Black Pit in Japan. Just a localization thing as far as I can tell.
awe i see makes sense

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
What is the best way to rack up damage as Pit?
Anyone can answer these, right?

I found that getting good and confident with aerials helps. At first, I thought it was really difficult to land my aerials, but I just needed to get used to the timing. When you're comfortable with them, throw some shorthops into your game. Pit's aerials are generally pretty fast and you can catch people out with them easily enough, just don't get too predictable. I think once you have your opponent in the air, you can start to rack up quite a bit of damage if you're careful and your timing is on point.

On the ground, you can't forget to utilise his arrows. If you can really learn how to control them accurately, you can do a surprisingly good amount of damage. Pit is also an incredibly lucky character to be have been given a reflector. I cannot stress how important it is to be able to understand when to use it and what to use it against. If you use it at the wrong time, you will very easily get punished. If you're playing against a projectile using character, this is an easy way to get a lot of damage in.

There were actually some things that you can reflect that I didn't think you'd be able to, such as Zelda's Phantom Slash and Lucario's Force Palm. PK Fire is also very satisfying to reflect. Also, when you're returning back onto the stage and you see a Lucario/Samus etc charging an Aura Sphere or Charge Shot, when you line up with them as you fall, use your Orbitars. This has bagged me many a KO.

Not too sure what else to say other than to be able to pull out any Smash or your Side-B with precision whenever you need to. Sorry if this turned into a general Pit guide rather than "How to rack up damage", but I hope you found it somewhat useful nonetheless. I feel as though I didn't explain some things very well, so just ask again if you want a clearer explanation :)

Last edited:

Jelani Thompson

Smash Rookie
NNID
jelani435
3DS FC
3840-7909-0481
Hey guys. Lately online I've been playing against fellow smashers who manage to somehow maneuver around me 99% of the time. Have any tips for faking out opponents in matches? (Pit-specific tips also help). Thanks!

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
First thing's first, I feel like I should state the obvious:

1. If you wanna play mind games, keep your mind on the game at all times. I felt that this needed to be stated since I should take this same exact advice. D:

Basically what I'm saying is, concentrate 100% of the time.

2. Simply put, do the opposite of what you seem like you're going to do... For example: It could be as simple as running one way, then quickly rolling the opposite way.

Of course, the limitless options will become much more complex, especially if you become too predictable. You NEVER want someone to have good reason to shout "Clockwork!" at you.

In the case of becoming predictable, even then you still need to rely on doing the exact opposite of what your opponent is thinking. Like if you run and roll away like I said earlier too many times, you may want to start airdodging about the place (I press X to jump and R to airdodge, holding upward on the circle pad all at the exact same time).

Just a couple examples. I hope I helped, but regardless, I wish you good luck.

Last edited:

Shogger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shogger
3DS FC
2552-2996-2619
Here's a classic trick. Super effective on people who play a very strict and predictable playstyle. I've damn near destroyed friendships by using this.

If you get near someone and they are lagged out, smash behind you. A lot of the time, they freak out and roll into it.

This only really scratches the surface of the iceberg that is mind gaming, but it's what got me started.

Sykofantia

Smash Rookie
anyone have any extra info on what I am assuming is a SIDE SPECIAL(B) cancel? because when i get on stage with the side special at a angle just above grabbing the ledge it cancels the side b and you go quite a long distance and really can move almost immediately might be useful if you're trying to get on the stage faster than the opponent or something

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
anyone have any extra info on what I am assuming is a SIDE SPECIAL(B) cancel? because when i get on stage with the side special at a angle just above grabbing the ledge it cancels the side b and you go quite a long distance and really can move almost immediately might be useful if you're trying to get on the stage faster than the opponent or something
I've been observing it. For now, it looks like you'll just slide along with the lag. I'll take a closer look when I get a chance.

Sykofantia

Smash Rookie
I've been observing it. For now, it looks like you'll just slide along with the lag. I'll take a closer look when I get a chance.
i've been messing around with it to see if it could prove useful at all and I've gotten a few free grabs from it since i don't think some people expect it(also I think guardian orbitars can push people off a ledge without doing damage for some weird edge guarding) this thread doesn't seem very active though w

OnettGirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Antagonistgreen
3DS FC
4742-5570-4170
i've been messing around with it to see if it could prove useful at all and I've gotten a few free grabs from it since i don't think some people expect it(also I think guardian orbitars can push people off a ledge without doing damage for some weird edge guarding) this thread doesn't seem very active though w
A video of it in action would be cool. Orbitars pushing people off the ledge could come in handy for trying to set up a potential spike on people who aren't prepared but I dunno if it would give you enough room to do anything with [that and getting his spike is hard enough to hit]. People just seem to dislike Dark Pit and all his clonieness I guess. Granted the Pit thread isn't too active either from what i've seen sadly. ):

Last edited:

Sykofantia

Smash Rookie
A video of it in action would be cool. Orbitars pushing people off the ledge could come in handy for trying to set up a potential spike on people who aren't prepared but I dunno if it would give you enough room to do anything with [that and getting his spike is hard enough to hit]. People just seem to dislike Dark Pit and all his clonieness I guess. Granted the Pit thread isn't too active either from what i've seen sadly. ):
i've seen a lot of dark pit but really pit and dark pit can do all those things i don't have any video because it would have to be recorded on a phone which is embarrassment i will not endure(but if you do/get someone to that would be cool its not hard to find) i can look for the video that had the guardian orbitar push... can't post a link though so go on youtube and find
Super Smash Bros. 3DS - Dark Pit (For Glory Funny K.O.'s #1) it is at about 34 seconds but it isn't as rare as I thought I have been able to do it a few times since i have seen the video

Clemente

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone having an issue where the 2nd hit of our forward smash will miss on taller characters? such as Rosalina...Ganondorf... Samus etc. It makes it very dangerous

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I haven't really had any issues with it, myself. What could be happening is that they're VIing out of it while they're already high up on the first hit.

PiZyy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Stiifler
DP's Electroshock arm reflects a lot of Villagers projectiles. Not sure about any other projectiles, will look into it later.

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
I haven't had problems with it either, in fact I find that the second hit usually connects if I miss the initial strike. LancerStaff is probably right about them DIing. Sorry I couldn't provide anything else :S

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
Pit has a lot of jumps. Pretend to land somewhere, and as they run in for a dash attack or whatever, fake them out and use another jump and D-Air or land somewhere else beside them as they lag from their last move. If you didn't understand that properly, let me know and I'll go over it again; I probably could have explained that better. Basically, you can play a lot of mind games with the amount of jumps he has. I find that it can really throw people off, and they tend to have a hard time adapting to it.

PiZyy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Stiifler
It definitely reflects the Links' boomerangs. How's it work on trees and bowling balls?
Im not too sure, I dont have anyone to test it on ATM. Im like 70% sure it works on the trees

Last edited:

Sykofantia

Smash Rookie
Im not too sure, I dont have anyone to test it on ATM. Im like 70% sure it works on the trees
it reflects any projectile that isn't a smash attack but it has armor so sometimes you can hit through people edge guarding(but not really worth it unless you think the 8-12% damage you soak isn't going to be game changing) also noticed you can smash villager on his rocket which is nice if you dont want to waste a good grab

iNoobtacular

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1075-2152-6416
Got a few questions.
Best throws/throw follow ups if any?
How does his neutral work?
How good is N-air ?
And how does everyone feel about his Side B?

LightningLuxray

Smash Apprentice
Seriously though, how in the world are you guys killing with Dark Pit? I swear Back Air won't kill, Side B won't kill, FSmash is hard as hell to hit consistently, and I eventually have to rack up so much damage to the point that I can kill with USmash... Which I'm pretty sure shouldn't be his main kill move, lol.

My opponents are staying at like 175% and I have no idea how to KO ;_;

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Got a few questions.
How good is N-air ?
Dthrow combos into aerials until about 35%, Fthrow kills at 120% at the ledge, and Uthrow leads to arrow follow-ups.
I'm not the best at describing that kinda thing...
Pretty good. Best used for damage racking.
I think it's great. Super Armor, deals 11%, KOs at 140%, makes for a good recovery move, and intercepts lots of recoveries easily. Especially you-know-who. :4littlemac: (Although DP is better in that regard, considering his flings the opponent diagonally instead of up. But the two are basically interchangeable anyway.)

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Seriously though, how in the world are you guys killing with Dark Pit? I swear Back Air won't kill, Side B won't kill, FSmash is hard as hell to hit consistently, and I eventually have to rack up so much damage to the point that I can kill with USmash... Which I'm pretty sure shouldn't be his main kill move, lol.

Bair isn't all that good for KOs anymore. Me, I'll usually KO with Fsmash or Upperdash/Electroshock. Usmash works great if you land it.

LightningLuxray

Smash Apprentice
I had someone at like 200% and Side B didn't kill .-.

Maybe I just need to get better about landing my FSmash... Or try to keep my Side B more fresh.

Thanks for the help!

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I had someone at like 200% and Side B didn't kill .-.

Maybe I just need to get better about landing my FSmash... Or try to keep my Side B more fresh.

Thanks for the help!
For Dark Pit, his Sspecial is highly dependent on the opponent's position. (Also worth noting the aerial version is weaker.)

If you're having that much trouble KOing, why not switch to Pit? Upperdash always KOs at 140% regardless of position, and his tippered Ftilt works as a KO move in a pinch. Seriously, they're the same except for three or four moves.

LightningLuxray

Smash Apprentice
For Dark Pit, his Sspecial is highly dependent on the opponent's position. (Also worth noting the aerial version is weaker.)

If you're having that much trouble KOing, why not switch to Pit? Upperdash always KOs at 140% regardless of position, and his tippered Ftilt works as a KO move in a pinch. Seriously, they're the same except for three or four moves.
I didn't realize Pit's Side B was so much better :o

I'll try playing with him, but I really want to get better with Dark Pit, if only for how cool of a character he was in Kid Icarus

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
Got a few questions.
How good is N-air ?
His Side B is very important to use correctly. If you time it wrong, you could get punished easily. Time it right, and you can juggle your opponents easily. Use it to punish people for rolling, or when they fall/recover to the stage. His U-Throw does the most damage, but his F-Throw is probably the throw I use the most often.

Requiem Strider

Smash Rookie
NNID
Requiem_Strider
3DS FC
0044-3073-6859
His down throw will combo into his neutral air, it's a reliable 14%. When your opponent hits the 40% range, use his uair instead. It requires a bit of timing, but it will connect. Also, if your opponent is a middleweight/heavyweight, you can combo his forward throw into his dash attack, if and only if your opponent is really low on damage (0% till 10% roughly) you can usually also follow up with a side tilt or a neutral air. Up throw...well, I use it for his arrows, force an air dodge and up air or upsmash. His Side B is extremely useful for punishing an opponent's intended punish after you do a smash attack or any move with tempting cooldown, like his down smash. Notice that when you use it, Pit takes a step back to then lunge. That stepback is useful to dodge a grab and punish for it. Due to Pit's arm's knockback, you can effectively "combo" with it in the air, hit the opponent with the aerial version of the move and pull away from the opponent, chances are that he/she will follow and try to punish your endlag, when this happens, it's safe to go for another side B. Do not be scared to go off the stage. You have wings, use them. His fair has amazing KO and gimping potential. Also a short-hopped bair usually goes well with a following side tilt. Honestly, I really don't see how people have difficulty KOing with Pit. He has a plethora of options, and can space EXTREMELY well.

Last edited:

PiZyy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Stiifler

Learn the spike for the Dair, Bairs are alright, Usmash, Utilt, Fsmash are all good kill moves. I hardly ever use Side-b as a kill move, unless I Captain it and Jump off the edge to hit them with it (Vertical KB FTW)

Shintarru

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1676-4016-3956
One thing you can do is condition your opponent. What I mean is play like you normally would but during the middle or near end of the match switch it up. Something I like to do is use my side b during a certain range. So whenever I am in that range my opponent is expecting it then I can switch it up with something like a dash grab or anything.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Two questions :

1 - I'm not using his Side-B until the enemies go to a high % (usually 130%~), because I have fear that this move (that isn't so strong as we speak it is) get staled. It's a smart decision save one of his best attacks only to the kill ?

2 - How to beat a well-played Rosalina ?
I know it's specific and there's the MU discussion for this, but I need some god/goddes answer, faster as possible.
This is driving me crazy.

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
Two questions :

1 - I'm not using his Side-B until the enemies go to a high % (usually 130%~), because I have fear that this move (that isn't so strong as we speak it is) get staled. It's a smart decision save one of his best attacks only to the kill ?

2 - How to beat a well-played Rosalina ?
I know it's specific and there's the MU discussion for this, but I need some god/goddes answer, faster as possible.
This is driving me crazy.
1 - I suppose you could save it till the high percents if you're afraid of it getting stale, but that kind of takes away a good punishment move for rolls and ending lag. Besides, it's not his only kill move, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Don't use it too much in the early game, but then again, don't rule it out all together.

2 - I'm pretty sure I've been getting paired up with garbage Rosalinas, as I can't understand why people have trouble with her. Just don't get caught up between Rosalina and Luma, and try to juggle her in the air as much as possible. She's very floaty and tall, so she's really easy to punish when she recovers. Also, don't forget to keep pressure on Luma. If you've knocked Rosa really far up or away from the stage, focus on the Luma, and then run back to keep the pressure on Rosa. Again, I don't think the Rosalinas I've fought were all that great, so maybe this advice isn't as useful as I think it is :/

Top Bottom