• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Here is an evil question for you guys to consider that will hopefully help you wait to e3:
Would you rather see Palutena get in as a Zelda clone, or have her be at the very, very bottom of the tier list? (WORSE than Brawl Ganondwarf)
Well I main Phoenix Wright in UMvC3 and I'm good with him. So I'd manage her being at the bottom of the Tier list.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
The vid made me sad when that guy said Palutena wasn't a big deal and all. Being 2nd most important character in Kid Icarus that's also the only other one that's been in all 3 of the games is definitely a big deal.

And if she is revealed, I'm gonna have to ask someone for a great sig of her and Pit, since I plan to main them both.
Says the same people who work for a company that allowed an article saying The Last Gaurdian was cancelled based on unofficial information as click bait.

The name of the article went from "The Last Gaurdian Cancelled" to "The Last Gaurdian May Be Cancelled" and the "May Be" doesn't even make any sense because the guy said that "I laughed at that rumor at dinner. The Last Gaurdian is NOT cancelled".

IGN is a nice place to get some information, but I have rarely trusted most of the reviews and opinions they give.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Not defending IGN or anything, but my guess is because it's probably the most 'mainstream' (for lack of a better word) gaming news outlet. It's the one the average joe likely thinks of when he thinks gaming news.

Even if people who follow more niche sites don't care about IGN's opinion, the guy who gets most/all of their news from there might.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
...Which is probably one of the reasons I really hate the average joe's opinion. Particularly if it's uneducated.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So, a friend of mine just made this moveset potential for Palutena plus some possible alternate costumes for her. As a hardcore supporter of ladies in smash, especially Palutena, I highly doubt that there's any better time to announce her than E3.
View attachment 15708
Off topic: You're friends with Ryan Karny, the admin of that Super Smash Brothers for Wii U and 3DS page? Mind = Blown.

BTW, I'll be heavily positive that we'll see her godly face in Smash.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I wonder what she will look like on the Wii U version. She'll look like a goddess, pun intended.

I'm so excited for my #1 newcomer to join the fray.

Hong

The Strongest
I wish I could pull off green hair as well as Lady Palutena.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So between all the Smash ladies the hair color distrabution is

Blond: Peach, Samus, Sheik, Rosalina
Brunette: Zelda, Nana, Villager
Grey?: Wii Fit Trainer
Pink: A different Villager
Green: ...

We got a niche to fill here.

andimidna

Smash Master

Sakurai hasn't had much sympathy for that niche in the past
image.jpg

But I think we're in luck with tuna.
Credit to @ Hong Hong for the picture

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Check out what IGNorant thinks of Palutena in Smash:
http://youtu.be/CeFnPS03-zg?t=3m33s

Ok, the guy on the left was good and the guy on the right wasn't too bad but there was enough said to piss me off. Acting like Palutena will probably get in just because "Smash is random! Haha!"
And she isn't likely because she's not a big deal. **** that.
Stopped at "we didn't need three Kirby characters in Brawl."

She's a bigger of a deal than f**king K Rool or Ridley (Overrated)
I would disagree with that, not that it really matters given she's more likely at this point than arguably the two combined. :troll:

bilbo43

Smash Cadet

Add to that there is an even more likely case that chrom will be revealed over anna or lucina everyday taking away the potential of a blue or red haired female character

Hong

The Strongest
Yeah. At least with Palutena, I don't feel like I am having to have bull**** fed down my throat to think she has a reasonable chance. In the Brawl days, I was reaching. I have no problem with admitting that. This time, there is a lot to ride off of for Palutena, instead of generic stuff like "UNIQUE MOVESET POTENTIAL" or "IMPORTANT CHARACTER TO HER FRANCHISE". I didn't have to try hard to have faith in Palutena's appearance.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725

Green and Silver are the only two colors I need fulfilled at this point. (It's ironic those are the colors of the graduation gowns at my high school)

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Am I too late to hate on the IGN video?

It's a ****ing disgrace that the people representing Nintendo on one of the largest video game media outlets are so freaking clueless as to the Smash community. The guy on the left I liked, because hey, he was making sense and everything he said kept getting shot down by Otero. Like by Palutena he looked genuinely upset.
Otero: "Hey, let's make a video where we predict the newcomers announced for smash!" Then the jerk proceeds to only volunteer Captain Falcon and Ness (Like anyone has a doubt they'll appear) and shoots down the very real likelihoods of Pac Man, Mii and Palutena.
They need to get noobs outside of such high positions where they handle all the Nintendo news. But hey, it accurately reflects IGN's position towards Nintendo.

Also, the comments section. HOLY FREAKING PALUTENA, those comments are just ... /)-_- so much facepalm.

andimidna

Smash Master
Am I too late to hate on the IGN video?

It's a ****ing disgrace that the people representing Nintendo on one of the largest video game media outlets are so freaking clueless as to the Smash community. The guy on the left I liked, because hey, he was making sense and everything he said kept getting shot down by Otero. Like by Palutena he looked genuinely upset.
Otero: "Hey, let's make a video where we predict the newcomers announced for smash!" Then the jerk proceeds to only volunteer Captain Falcon and Ness (Like anyone has a doubt they'll appear) and shoots down the very real likelihoods of Pac Man, Mii and Palutena.
They need to get noobs outside of such high positions where they handle all the Nintendo news. But hey, it accurately reflects IGN's position towards Nintendo.

Also, the comments section. HOLY FREAKING PALUTENA, those comments are just ... /)-_- so much facepalm.
Agreed. Half of the comments suggest deconfirmed characters (like Wonder Red and Waluigi) and Bayonetta :rolleyes:

Not that I would hate on Bayonetta (one of my most wanted) but she's a pipe-dream, not happening.

Those people are not Nintendo fans and should stay away from Smash speculation.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Agreed. Half of the comments suggest deconfirmed characters (like Wonder Red and Waluigi) and Bayonetta :rolleyes:

Not that I would hate on Bayonetta (one of my most wanted) but she's a pipe-dream, not happening.

Those people are not Nintendo fans and should stay away from Smash speculation.
Now, now. Let's not heap trash on the Wonder Red and Waluigi fans, some of them actually do support Palutena.

I've never bothered with IGN for a long time now, especially considering that its members aren't much different from GameFAQs. Haters gonna hate.

Burigu

Smash Ace
View attachment 15729
But I think we're in luck with tuna.
Credit to @ Hong Hong for the picture
Grimarai noooooooo! we must live in the alternate future where Tiki died
If we get Palutena I would like to see a sign or something that says "So you wanted Dark Pit?" with a funny pic of her, hope the opposite doesn't happen

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
That feeling when you enter a thread and see people talking down one of your other supported characters. :drshrug:

It is almost like talking down characters like Ridley and K. Rool will help in something.

Besides green, there is also white hair, which will hopefully be filled by Robin. :cool:

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
By the way, ignoring the existence of sites like IGN, Gamespot, etc is the best thing one could do to their health. Those sites post anything to attract clicks.

andimidna

Smash Master
Now, now. Let's not heap trash on the Wonder Red and Waluigi fans, some of them actually do support Palutena.

I've never bothered with IGN for a long time now, especially considering that its members aren't much different from GameFAQs. Haters gonna hate.
Heap trash?
The point of that sentence was just showing they weren't Nintendo fans that should be speculating Smash, they haven't been keeping up with the updates and were requesting deconfirmed characters. Those were just examples. And were the ones I saw the most. I like Wonder Red.
I wasn't singling them out as bad requests, I was singling them out as deconfirmed characters, which they are :p
---
So, Palutena...
On a scale of lime green to swampy forest-- what shade of green do you hope Palutena's hair color is? :troll:

IronFish

Smash Ace
Heap trash?
The point of that sentence was just showing they weren't Nintendo fans that should be speculating Smash, they haven't been keeping up with the updates and were requesting deconfirmed characters. Those were just examples. And were the ones I saw the most. I like Wonder Red.
I wasn't singling them out as bad requests, I was singling them out as deconfirmed characters, which they are :p
---
So, Palutena...
On a scale of lime green to swampy forest-- what shade of green do you hope Palutena's hair color is? :troll:
Blue, and she would have a sword, and be a guy :troll:

Hong

The Strongest
Really?

I would buy a Fire Emblem with Kid Icarus characters.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Probably on the light side of green, kind alike her Uprising's color. The majestic look of a pretty long green hair deserves attention.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
When the Boxing Ring was revealed, I knew Little Mac was a shoo in. He was the only newcomer that I could guarantee would be in. Now, I can guarantee Palutena, there is simply too much going for her.

Morbi

Scavenger
When the Boxing Ring was revealed, I knew Little Mac was a shoo in. He was the only newcomer that I could guarantee would be in. Now, I can guarantee Palutena, there is simply too much going for her.
The only difference was the boxing ring was not, "Little Mac's Boxing Ring" whereas we have "Palutena's Temple" which is just the cherry on top. It would be entirely redundant to cite everything in Palutena's favor.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The only difference was the boxing ring was not, "Little Mac's Boxing Ring" whereas we have "Palutena's Temple" which is just the cherry on top. It would be entirely redundant to cite everything in Palutena's favor.
Cite all the things, put them in the OP, and let all the detractors be put to rest.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Evidence and very realistic speculation pointing toward Palutena's grand reveal:
  • Sakurai developed Kid Icarus: Uprising, and with Pit's inclusion in Brawl, Sakurai restored the dead franchise into a Nintendo staple. Why would he stop after Uprising, when he can easily add Palutena into Smash 4, a game he is creating?
  • The leak, oh the leak. Of all the leaks we have seen for this game so far, none have come remotely as close as Palutena's 3DS model. The design, the proportions in comparisons to Mario, and even the Mario Star pendant, they seem distinctly smash bros.
  • Sakurai's updates in proximity of the leak surfacing on the internet.... the Viridi update, the Palutena's temple stage featuring her statue... conspiracy much?
  • Speaking of Viridi and the Palutena's Temple stage, can we all acknowledge the grand Kid Icarus content that Smash 4 has? Not only does it have a plethora of items (X-Bomb, Eye Turret, the Drill, the Ore Club, and even more), both a 3DS and Wii U stage, a Phosphora Trophy, a variety of KI enemies in Smash Run, you get the point.... In Brawl, Sakurai finally expanded the Kirby franchise (which he created), and in Smash 4, its Kid Icarus that will be expanded.
  • Pit's Final Smash: Hmmmm.... Pit's final Smash in Brawl with Palutena's picture in the backround has been replaced with the Three Sacred Treasures... where can Palutena possibly be? Of course, on the roster, that's where.
  • The Pseudo-Palutena trophy teaser.... really, if this isn't clear teaser/indication of what's to come, then I don't know what is.
  • With Zelda's reveal, Sakurai has acknowledged that he is pleased with the amount of female characters in the game. Surely, he can't be 100% pleased by not including his own girl?
Bottom Line is, Palutena is now the new Mac.... its now just a waiting game.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I have not closely followed Palutena, as she was inevitable, so I did not see the point; however, you mention detractors. She has detractors? Liek fo realz?
Aye, very much so. That is, if detractors means "anti-supporters" like I think it does.

Hong

The Strongest
  • Sakurai developed Kid Icarus: Uprising, and with Pit's inclusion in Brawl, Sakurai restored the dead franchise into a Nintendo staple. Why would he stop after Uprising, when he can easily add Palutena into Smash 4, a game he is creating?
I think what makes this significant is Kid Icarus's station in Smash Bros. It is right up there with the core Nintendo franchises. Revealed in the first trailer, taking Yoshi's spot among veterans, and already shown to have numerable items.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I think what makes this significant is Kid Icarus's station in Smash Bros. It is right up there with the core Nintendo franchises. Revealed in the first trailer, taking Yoshi's spot among veterans, and already shown to have numerable items.
Also, not that it really means anything, but Pit is the very first character listed on the website.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I still think Yoshi is considered as one of the "Big 8", they simply just were not ready to show him off yet. Not to say I have anything against KI, of course. Heck, I'm practically one of those people who think if the Goddess of Light is not seen at E3, what other time is a good time to show her off in all her elegance and beauty?:love:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I for one welcome Pit as one of the primary veteran overlords.

Top Bottom