• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Minor VFX glitch with ROB's upB

GameQ

Smash Cadet
You can get the flames of ROB's upB to stick and only go away after a KO. It scared me the first time I saw it, but its only visual, and the gas is not being used.

To trigger this glitch, simply grab your gyro (or any throw-able item) hit upB, and hold up on the control stick and then press A to toss the item upward while in your booster.

Enjoy showing off your flames all game! Mind games! (;

GameQ

Smash Cadet
Also you can repeat the glitch over and over and the additional VFX will overlap, intensifying the alpha on the flames.

It's hot!

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
This is the greatest thing to ever happen in all of smash bros and I'm not being sarcastic, I love this so much

TriangleJeff

Smash Rookie
This actually has a practical use in that it can disguise some starting and ending frames from down, neutral, and especially back air.

lol

Last edited:

GameQ

Smash Cadet
I've been triggering this glitch just to show off online. But I honestly feel like its been helping me line up my down air spikes!

haha.

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
I have tried it out for myself, and during my investigation of this bug, it occurred to me to try it with High-Speed Burner equipped. It seems that the glitch only works on ROBs default recovery, so you can't get those massive plumes.

This might get patched, but since it is only a visual bug, it probably wont be for a while...

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
detta wit da buzz killll

if it carries over to the wii tho, will work.

Anuran

Smash Apprentice
This is pretty interesting. I wonder if it will be in the wii U version because if its true that it is only shown on your 3ds then its not super useful in this game.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Been doing this a bit now already, even in tournaments lol. The stream goes crazy with it :p
Does work with his high pressure custom
Does show up on other 3DS'

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
It works with his high-pressure recovery? I guess I stand corrected. While I'm here, How tight is the timing for that? I have not been able to do it at the time of this post.

link2702

Smash Champion
is there a limit to how much you can do this? i've done it enough now for a large blue polygon to appear around rob's body, but i'm wondering just how long you can do this glitch? surely there has to be a point where the game can't handle it.

Anuran

Smash Apprentice
is there a limit to how much you can do this? i've done it enough now for a large blue polygon to appear around rob's body, but i'm wondering just how long you can do this glitch? surely there has to be a point where the game can't handle it.
that is concerning, video?

link2702

Smash Champion
sorry don't have any way to record, though I do think after testing it enough there is actually a limit, i guess where the 3DS just refuses to load anymore of the graphics for that animation, as after quite a few attempts I couldn't get the polygon to appear any "thicker" it was kind of like a cloud tbh, and it was around his lower body, eventually it just stopped getting thicker at all(least as far as I could tell, and I did it for a good 10 minutes straight(...yes I had a lot of free time)

1FC0

Smash Lord
This is great and I hope that this will never get patched.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'll post more in my threads later, but wanted to pop in and say that the chibo smoke glitch still works in Wii U

Trisongs

Smash Apprentice
Same over here on the 3ds, on my side of the screen at least. Need to see if it still apply to others via local and through the internet

Top Bottom