• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Minions' Revenge - A new minion comes, and an old friend returns.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
i would if i could, but Waddle Dee can only have 41 bones max, and the Ice Climbers have 45. even if WD loaded without freezing on Popo, every time you hit the shield button the game would freeze because of not having enough bones.

and thank you KG, i've been looking for these codes, it's always bugged me that i couldn't access Warioman. maybe i was looking in the wrong places, but whatever.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
If you don't mind me saying, you seem to be highly enthusiastic about Minions' Revenge, Gemini. :p
nah I dont mind at all. Yea Im really passionate about Minions' Revenge . I never woulda learned how to hack what so ever with out the help of the people here. I mean how could you not be ya kno. We got the godfather of brawl hacking snoopy, One of the coolest animators and psa guys Kangaroogreen, Super Cool Vertexer GameWatching, Awsome Leader Serrix, Supa L33t Machinima Maker Pikazz, etc; I mean everyone here rules!!!!! >:D.

Gemini

Btw Kangaroo. Were the ness animations I sent you a hassle? If so I can always try it myself I just found those a bit difficult.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
http://www.mediafire.com/?i45e1isj1j2uuoa

Waddle Dee 0.1, if anyone cares, and to keep my promise i made. it turns out i'm making more animations than i originally thought, but that's no big deal. includes a PSA as well, so that's why i'm labeling it as 0.1. i will release another eventually, but i need to finish the attacks first.

and me being a godfather of brawl hacking? quite the compliment, but i'm not that good. most of my expertise is in model swaps and bone requirements, which conveniently helped this thread out quite a bit. i could only wish i got into brawl hacking a little earlier so i could have learned how to use PSA fully, but at least i know a little bit about it. and as for animating, Waddle Doo is my first, but he has almost no bones to actually animate, so i got kinda lucky there.

and Gemini, what animations do you need done for Toad? my summer semester just finished and i have the next month off, so i could help do some animating for Toad.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
http://www.mediafire.com/?i45e1isj1j2uuoa

Waddle Dee 0.1, if anyone cares, and to keep my promise i made. it turns out i'm making more animations than i originally thought, but that's no big deal. includes a PSA as well, so that's why i'm labeling it as 0.1. i will release another eventually, but i need to finish the attacks first.

and me being a godfather of brawl hacking? quite the compliment, but i'm not that good. most of my expertise is in model swaps and bone requirements, which conveniently helped this thread out quite a bit. i could only wish i got into brawl hacking a little earlier so i could have learned how to use PSA fully, but at least i know a little bit about it. and as for animating, Waddle Doo is my first, but he has almost no bones to actually animate, so i got kinda lucky there.

and Gemini, what animations do you need done for Toad? my summer semester just finished and i have the next month off, so i could help do some animating for Toad.

1. You totally are the godfather of brawl hacking. You've helped kick starts so many projects not only in minions but in so many other threads. I might need your help on that PSA part though.

2. YESH WADDLE DEE!!!! F**K YEA!!!

3. Heres everything I need help with and what is left

Animations:
Wait(To be original)
Attacks
Guard
Entry
Wins
Specials
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you Could Animate the Attacks and Specials that would be great

A: Right Jab Left Jab Uppercut
A Side: Spin kick or luigi's type of jab
A down: Swings his fist down punching you into the ground (of course then you flying into the air)
A Up: Uppercut or Flip Kick

B: Mushroom Pull (He pulls out mushroom so make it like he pulls it from his pocket I havent decided if it will heal him or if it will be a random mushroom (Poision or Big)
Side B (Toad Rush) Like fox's side b cept super awsome
Down B (Toad Bomb) Pulls of his mushroom cap or pulls out a mushroom and throws it at you like a bomb
Up B: Spins upward in the air doing an uppercut (Like meta knight but you cant really move it around much lol)
Final Smash: Very much like sonic's final smash. He pulls a golden mushroom from his pocket then He float spins in the air and does one of those *turns into super saiyan* type of things as his color turns to all golden and a yellow aura surrounds him (His Power and Speed of course will be increased by three times (sorta like sonic and wario man combined)

Wait 1, 2, and 3: I you've ever played Super Smash Bros Crusade.. please imitate the wait positions toad has on that game. Most Apperciative

Thats what I have in mind so far If anyone has an better Ideas for special please tell me
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Glitches:
Entry Glitch ( Youll know what Im talking about just try it out in brawl)
Grab&Throw Glitch (The game freezes when hes grabbed or tries to grab)
Item ( I dont think that can be fixed)

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
Btw Kangaroo. Were the ness animations I sent you a hassle? If so I can always try it myself I just found those a bit difficult.
I was just away for the weekend, but now I'm back. :) soooooo sure, I'll do those now.

Glitches:
Entry Glitch ( You'll know what I'm talking about just try it out in brawl)
Grab&Throw Glitch (The game freezes when hes grabbed or tries to grab)
Item ( I don't think that can be fixed)
The entry isn't a glitch. It just looks weird because it was fitted foe Yoshi.

EDIT: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH 100 PAGES YEAH!!

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
I was just away for the weekend, but now I'm back. :) soooooo sure, I'll do those now.

The entry isn't a glitch. It just looks weird because it was fitted foe Yoshi.

EDIT: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH 100 PAGES YEAH!!
Ahh ok well when I make the entry ill be sure to keep that in mind

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
wow, 100 pages, i can still remember when this thread first started, Serrix wanting to do a bunch of Kirby minions...

anyways, small progress report from me.

Waddle Doo: nothing much, i'm having a hard time making the specials work at all. the animations are fine, i just can't get the PSA part done.

Waddle Dee: made a few more attacks, but i kinda want him to have different attacks than Kirby and Waddle Doo, which means i need to go play Kirby Super Star Ultra some more. i made his down aerial the same as Bio Spark's (i think thats the one, the ninja guy) down kick in the air, but thats about as far as i've gotten there.

Toad: i've more been working on the glitches for Toad. it turns out that anyone trying to grab Toad (including another Toad) will freeze the game, so i'm running him through a few tests to see whats wrong there. another thing i noticed was that his second jump doesn't give him any verticle movement. so i tweaked the animation and now it works fine. i made the Wait1 animation as close to the Crusade game as i could, but that game only has one wait animation for the characters. i'd have made a few more, but i've had a heck of a time getting Crusade to run for me (my hacking computer is a few years old). i'll send the two new animations to you for your approval, Gemini.

so i think that about covers what i've done hacking wise for the last few days.

oh, and Gemini, as KG said, the Entry animations look weird because Toad is conforming to fit Yoshi's animations, which is the case for most of the current animations.

Serrix

Smash Journeyman
{:) Well whaddya know. We sure have gotten far. Guys, I won't be able to work on Shadow for quite awhile. We've just moved in, what, a week ago? We still got a lot of stuff to do. But, kudos to you guys.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
{:) Well whaddya know. We sure have gotten far. Guys, I won't be able to work on Shadow for quite awhile. We've just moved in, what, a week ago? We still got a lot of stuff to do. But, kudos to you guys.
After I finish up with toad Im either gunna work on these projects:

1. Help serrix with shadow
2. Shy Guy
3. Helping With Hammer Bros
4. Creating minions like boo and stuff on the allows for machinima purpose (helping pikazz)

What do you think I should do?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Someone was making an 8-bit Megaman once. Not over G&W, though. He'd be really hard to replace as he has a million billion bones and a whole lot of hard-coded stuff.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
@Everyone

Alright alright jeez.. I wont make 8-bit toad fine. So I Guess ill try to help pikazz by porting as many minions I can find within Brawl over the alloy's if you guys wanna get some from like NSMBWii or sumthing then I could have snoopy teach me how to anime ^_^; (If hes up to it) Yea I think ill stick with that

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
eh, it's not hard to animate, if there aren't too many bones to move. but, yeah, i could teach you what i do. and as for the porting of a new model to G+W, i personally haven't touched him at all. it's true that he is technically 3D, but in game he's flat. my theory would be that a model placed over G+W would then also become flat in game, but his bone structure is very messy, i think he actually has 2 TransN bones, and the first one is bone 11, second highest in the game.

dang it, look what you guys did, now i'm curious and want to test my theory. *leaves to do a model swap onto G+W*

EDIT: DISCOVERY ALERT!

so it turns out my theory was correct. this is (supposed to be) Peach over G+W. as you can clearly see, flat, and flat on a stage that doesn't automatically flatten fighters. the problem is going to be G+W's bone structure. it's not as bad as i thought it was (i was probably thinking of ROB's bone structure, that things literally a train wreck), but will cause issues none the less.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I think pikazz was already working on him, but I haven't seen anything recently. :p
yesh, I did him playable xD
Hey, all! Just thought I'd drop by with something I found that reminded me of this thread.

Click me! Make sure your speakers are on, by the way. :bee:

Glad to see how well this is all going. Keep it up!
that is the song I will make a "music" video on brawlto this thread

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
yesh, I did him playable xD

that is the song I will make a "music" video on brawlto this thread
Ohhh. YESH FINALLY A MINIONS REVENGE VIDEO BOUT TIME!!!

Hey Pika think you could make a video of Toad doing the carmelldanseen to Super Mario RPG Rawfest Forest?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6q9eDEToQQ
^ Thash the video. IF you would do it that would be awsome. Seeing as im doing the carmelldanseen in RL to this song. I think toad can do it 2 >.>

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Ohhh. YESH FINALLY A MINIONS REVENGE VIDEO BOUT TIME!!!
I have started with piranha plant sleep animations :3
Hey Pika think you could make a video of Toad doing the carmelldanseen to Super Mario RPG Rawfest Forest?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6q9eDEToQQ
^ Thash the video. IF you would do it that would be awsome. Seeing as im doing the carmelldanseen in RL to this song. I think toad can do it 2 >.>
sure, I can try :3
can I get the files? x3

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
I have started with piranha plant sleep animations :3

sure, I can try :3
can I get the files? x3
http://www.mediafire.com/?54qe1mlvo9qbg5s

Toad Beta 3 with completely original walking, jumping, runnig and crouching animations. and guard and all that good stuff. Not new attack tho. (Thx to snoopy for all his help)

Have fun everyone. Oh btw the Red Toad and Yellow Toad = A custom texture my friend made and toadsworth. KG if you wanna make CSP's that would be great

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
Well, I was bored today. And I couldn't think of anything to do.
So I decided to be a really nice guy and help out Snoopy by making........

A WADDLE DOO PERFECT B MOVE

The move works almost exactly like it does in the games.
It does 9% damage.
It has a low knockback.

download for the fit.pac and fitmotion.pac is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?yf8yx26kqinxg7a

please note that I now hate B-moves as they are REEEEEALLY hard to make. :ohwell:

And to snoopy: I don't know if you did more work on waddle doo since 0.1, but if you did, you can just copy the code in PSA,

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Well, I was bored today. And I couldn't think of anything to do.
So I decided to be a really nice guy and help out Snoopy by making........

A WADDLE DOO PERFECT B MOVE

The move works almost exactly like it does in the games.
It does 9% damage.
It has a low knockback.

download for the fit.pac and fitmotion.pac is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?yf8yx26kqinxg7a

please note that I now hate B-moves as they are REEEEEALLY hard to make. :ohwell:

And to snoopy: I don't know if you did more work on waddle doo since 0.1, but if you did, you can just copy the code in PSA,
awshome!!!!!!!! Hewlp me next

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
wha... you actually got it to work? THANK YOU! well, that's one B move down. and no, i haven't done anything since 0.1, i've been trying to figure out how these specials work. way too many things going on in them. i see you used the in-game animaton, probably better than the one i made anyways.

wait, i think i may see what i was doing wrong. KG, did you edit anything in the Specials tab in PSA, or just the Sub Action?

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
wha... you actually got it to work? THANK YOU! well, that's one B move down. and no, i haven't done anything since 0.1, i've been trying to figure out how these specials work. way too many things going on in them. i see you used the in-game animaton, probably better than the one i made anyways.

wait, i think i may see what i was doing wrong. KG, did you edit anything in the Specials tab in PSA, or just the Sub Action?
nope, just the sub-action. The specials tab really isn't necessary.

and the animation is an edited version of the in-game one.

Top Bottom