• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MINI WWYP 2: A Picture's Worth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Those are by Yamada Doan, well, at least the dragon is and the tiger's style is exactly the same. I would say they are acceptable.

Kragen

Smash Ace
I think I'll use three paintings, by Mondriaan:

According to my drawing class, these are from the same tree.
Since there are three paintings, the story is more about the development between them.
Hope you are okay with that?

Now to think of a story :lick:

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I say linking those pictures together is fine, but only because they are a related series of pictures by the same artist.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I broke your miniWWYP2 hymen :)

I don't do this typically, but if entrants could take a look and give me some feedback that'd be fantastic, as I'm having trouble with the last line. I think it kills the vagueness, but it's not meant to. And without it, it doesn't feel focused enough. Too vague. Rrr.

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
I didn't know you were a drinker, Virgilijus.

Umm yeah, so I'm glad to be judging!

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nothing like a little scotch at all times of the day no matter what :p
fixed.

also, i'll be entering this one. i'm going to go find me a painting right now. and then start writing about it. probably very emotionally. because i'm drunk.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Hey thanks for the help guys I feel much better. I'm looking at you... Joe.
I'll read your story later on today. I've just been a little busy lately.

@demoncaterpie: I'm not entering because I'm still trying to get good at regular writing. If I have to modify my inferior style to accomodate a connection to a potrait, I'm going to fail miserably. Instead, I'll just read all the participants' stories and offer advice.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I'm not entering because I'm still trying to get good at regular writing. If I have to modify my inferior style to accomodate a connection to a potrait, I'm going to fail miserably. Instead, I'll just read all the participants' stories and offer advice.
Honestly, that's a pretty stupid idea. If you fail you learn from experience which is much better than learning just from watching. So buck up and write a story, then you can have people critique you and you will get better.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Honestly, that's a pretty stupid idea. If you fail you learn from experience which is much better than learning just from watching. So buck up and write a story, then you can have people critique you and you will get better.
Is it so stupid? I haven't developed my style yet so I have all the time in the world to make one that is amazing. If I rush into it now, I may be stuck with a style that isn't so good.

When developing one's style, it helps to read other peoples' stories and learn from their styles. Through this, I can take all the good points of each writers' style and add it into my developing style.

If this logic isn't good enough for you, then how about this. Since you're trying to talk me into writing in order to get better, I might as well tell you now, I intend to become the best author on the planet. I suck now, but I'm dedicating my life to writing and I know better than most people not to stop pursuing my dreams.

You don't have to give me any "never give up" speeches because I have already given out these speeches hundreds of times.

Kragen

Smash Ace
Style's comes also from one's expierence, and you ain't getting it if you just read.

It's just like drawing, or painting for that matter.

When developing one's style, it helps to read other peoples' stories and learn from their styles. Through this, I can take all the good points of each writers' style and add it into my developing style.
Your style isn't developing if you don't write :lick:

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
The only way to improve your style is to attack it head on.

Just write whatever you can. Doing your own story is great, but writing on things that you aren't comfortable with is almost better. If you only write what you know, then you never learn anything.

Get out of your comfort zone and just write. If you don't enter this contest, you'll regret it (just like I do when I don't enter these contests. Seriously, I feel like crap:laugh: ).

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I still want to see that "cool idea" from WWYP3. Eor did the honorable thing and married when he impregnated me... why don't you? I'm a polygamist.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Evil Eye's a polygamist?

I'm so turned on right now...

As for my status, I have three more weeks of school, so like most college students, I just got screwed up the *** with more homework than I can shake a stick at. And I can shake it like a polaroid picture. Don't be surprised if you see a rushed entry. (Or no entry.)

Matt

Banned via Administration
Yeah, I've still got a paper due tomorrow that I'm only about half done with, and then another due Thursday I haven't started on yet, and I had a big exam earlier today, and and and

I have work in the morning! =D

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Yeah, I've still got a paper due tomorrow that I'm only about half done with, and then another due Thursday I haven't started on yet, and I had a big exam earlier today, and and and

I have work in the morning! =D
Not to mention casual sex with half the BRoom.

@demoncaterpie: Meh, I might enter. If I do write an entry, I'm going to use "The Scream" as my picture.

Matt

CASUAL sex? I AM OFFENDED SIR.

My sex life is strictly business thank you very much!

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
uncle kenny, you should still enter. i'm not that good lol. thanks for the props though.

ee, i'll get on that first thing in the morning...er...afternoon when i'll more realistically wake up.

Matt

One paper down! I wrote about music in the Bond world. And stuff. The last couple of lines:

"When we envision ourselves as Bond as we poorly sneak up on very much suspecting roommates in a well lit hallway, what other tune could we sing than the spy song that half the world could sing along with us? And if not for Madonna’s awful attempt, what else could we sing to torture our roommates when we’re in a super annoying spy mood? I shudder to think how empty my relationships with my roommates would be without James Bond music."

I hope I lose points again for being too opinionated! And maybe sarcasm! =D

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
I still want to see that "cool idea" from WWYP3. Eor did the honorable thing and married when he impregnated me... why don't you? I'm a polygamist.
Wow, I can't believe you still remember that:laugh:

The problem is is that I didn't realize how long the project was going to take me. If I ever finished it, it would deffinitely be the best story I ever wrote.

I really want to start production on it again, so maybe I'll start up on Friday (when I get back from Vegas). But don't expect anything on it for a couple of weeks. I'm gonna take my time on it and make it perfect.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
This is going to be hard for me, because at the moment (and possibly for a month or more), I won't have a word processor on my computer. I'd have to write it into the browser, or in notepad. And neither contain a spell checke (firefox's sucks too much to count).

Or a pencil, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom