• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini ROB Factory! Come Get Your Mini ROBs Here!

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
PLEASE NOTE: I DID NOT MAKE THE ROB SPRITES!! sprite credit goes to UMS Author Lava (http://umsauthorlava.deviantart.com/)

the sprite sheet can be found here: http://umsauthorlava.deviantart.com/art/R-O-B-Smash-Bros-Brawl-85758098

Welcome to the Mini ROB Factory! here I will post animations of our favorite Robotic Operating Buddy. I will try to upload a new animation each week, until I say its enough. please note that I will NOT be animating alt. colors because then I'd have to recolor the sprite sheet and that takes too much time. you can leave questions, comments or requests.

REQUEST RULES
if you request a different colored ROB other than the red or custom silver, you must color the sprite sheet. (only the necessary frames)

you can add a caption to your request, like your name or a short phrase.

THIS WEEK
(A.K.A. the COOLEST TAUNT EVER!! I need to fix the white background...)

NEXT WEEK
the victory pose where ROB pumps his arms

OLDER ROBS
(note: "pirinola" means top in Spanish)

REQUESTS
(ROB now in limited edition SILVER! requested by Nacker)

(200% bigger for 200% more coolness factor! requested by ChiboSempaihttp://smashboards.com/member.php?u=72031)

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
Wow.. too bad Yo+Nacker will NEVER beat "Im on my Way"...

EVER.

<-- Chozen+Boss=Best team in the US.. No jones... i'm down for ANY/All MM's that claim otherwise *SternLookofSatisfaction*

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
for those who ask for requests, i can put captions in your animation

got a request here for the best ROB on the EC :laugh:
can you make one that does side dodge (have the 2 frames repeat a couple times), then down smash. i would want it blue though, but i can recolor the sprite sheet for u

edit: heres the recolored one, also 200% bigger which would look cool
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8013/robspritesss7.png
thanks for coloring it, I will work on it as soon as I finish Nacker's. also, do you want captions?

The Fsmash one looks awesome does it do all the angles or only one ? if so then do the one tilted upwards
yep, there is up tilted F smashes. you want captions?

Can someone who knows how to animate animate the right taunt one?
this will be this week's animation

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Aw I'm not the only one who uses blue ROB?

Chibo mm at CH3 for the right to use blue, loser has to switch to green

Zephyrnereus can you animate Victory 2 for me? The one where ROB is pumping his arms showing off his guns.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450

Zephyrnereus can you animate Victory 2 for me? The one where ROB is pumping his arms showing off his guns.
sure thing, but if you want it in blue you're gonna have to color the sprite sheet for me like Chibo did

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
zeph normal colors are fine, cause I don't know how much longer I'll be playing blue.

What's with all the blue ROBs all of a sudden? I picked blue because everyone in tourneys was using famicon, NES, or construction ROB. Leave my color alone dammit

Sudai

Stuff here
lol. I've been using Blue ROB since day one...cause I thought he looked the coolest. Never pick a color because people are picking the other colors. There's always someone that picks the color you just picked. : P

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
bah, I don't like playing common colors, or characters for that matter.

I dropped Falco in melee when he moved up to #2 on the tier list and everyone started playing him.

Green ROB seems to be underused, hmmm...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
for those who ask for requests, i can put captions in your animation

thanks for coloring it, I will work on it as soon as I finish Nacker's. also, do you want captions?
No captions plz. As for the background color, can you make it the same color as the gray background on the classic blue skin here on smashboards?
heres a snapshot of the color: http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/3010/coloron6.png

MM as in just for the color rights or actual money lol, il do both. I use blue for all my characters. However if i lose I'm not switching to green ROB, it just means that whenever I go against you I have to go green. But yea, I should be at CH3. You should go to CoT3 this weekend, I'm hosting it. (look for thread in Atl North regional zones)

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
I'd have to say that my favorite color is the SNES ROB, then NES, and finally the Famicom... I find the blue and green too dark and the yellow one is overused...

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Chibo that looks like an awesome tourney, but considering gas prices and a much closer MD tourney on saturday I'm gonna have to pass. Also might as well mm for money because I'm seriously considering switching to green ROB permanently now that I know of so many people using blue. Just gotta adjust my sig.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
this week's ROBs are up.

how do you guys do this?
its actually not that hard once you get used to it...all you need is photoshop and imageready (there are other programs but I find using these more controllable). what I do is first open photoshop and place the frames in separate layers, then organize it so it looks like its animated. then you open the document in imageready and using the animation tool, you add animation frames and for each frame I make only one layer visible. finally add time to the frames and save as a GIF.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
I use the Green R.O.B.(aka the tank one) and if you make the blue one into yellow or green. its perfect

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman

I was tempted to make a ROB that was constantly spinning, but I figured the delay was acceptable and less prone to hypnotize people. And now that I look at it, my color is totally off for blue ROB, but it's 2:30AM here and I curse how easily I get sidetracked with petty side projects. sleep now.

I wish I had ImageReady, would've saved me so much time >_>
(why the hell would Adobe remove that from Photoshop cs3? :mad:)

Given the amount of players that seem to play blue ROB (I met two blue robs at a local school tourney of around 30 people, 2!) and how awesome nair is, I figured it was only a matter of time before it was requested and wanted to save Zephy some time. (Props to zephy for taking the time to do this for the ROB community).

Upon (comments and) criticisms, I will glady fix whatever people see wrong with what I tried to do here.

Eskimo776

Smash Rookie
I request a ROB just chillin there, kind of nodding his head up and down like he's talking. No background, or text. Size of Nackers' mini ROB. I'd prefer Famicom, but it doesn't matter.

Thanks in advance. =o

RedSox

Smash Rookie
I request one where Rob is standing there with his final smash blasting foreward and such.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
well Ive been a bit busy IRL lately, so I hope to get all recent requests posted by Sunday.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
it would be awesome if someone made a green R.O.B... doing his D-throw on someone...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Obviously, Gold ROB doing his u-tilt over and over again. That's the best taunt ever.

Also, no one uses Green ROB because Green ROB is Zombie ROB and we all know that's just something you don't want to touch.

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman

I still think the side-taunt's the best taunt evar.

(btw, is that the right timing for the utilt? I haven't played brawl in a while)

Overswarm

is laughing at you

I still think the side-taunt's the best taunt evar.

(btw, is that the right timing for the utilt? I haven't played brawl in a while)
haha... close.

His arms just go up above his head and then down to head level, like he's "raising the roof".

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman

I couldn't get his arms further above his head without making his arms look freaky.

But I present to you, Gold ROB raising the roof. In sprite form.

It takes like 2 seconds to change anything, so if the timing could be better, lemme know

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
what about moving his torso higher each time he does it when he reaches for the sky?

and if green R.O.B is Zombie R.O.B then it would be perfect for a D-throw, its like a green ReDead R.O.B...(and I use green R.O.B...which everyone knows is Tank R.O.B...hehehe)

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
ohhhh mannnn...I gotta get in on this mess. As some of you know, I'm all about the fashion sense, but when faced with something threatening or...simply something unreasonable/unacceptable like a loss against Nackers, I gotta make it high priority...an emergency, if you will.

I might have to end up doing this myself >_> don't wanna trouble you with this task haha
so it'll be Fashion Sense ROB doing a spot dodge, and then the flashing...but he'll be flashing for a bit [the flashing gets faster] and then bam he's Emergency (Kill Bill) ROB...haven't settled on what I want him to do yet.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
lol over the top sig and why is it do bad to lose to me you should feel honored xD
it's my own personal motivation, like you constantly telling yourself you're the best EC ROB (I think it's cute.) lmao...one day I want you to say "I'm the best ROB on EC...well, except toasty, but even OS can't touch that mad brown man, so w/e"

I'll let you know if I achieve regional dominance on the 20th. Hopefully it'll carry over to CH3.

Top Bottom