• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Mafia

Polls

• Total voters

Orboknown

Smash Hero
also let's metagame 101. We we're all here at the end of d1 to send in our actions. PJB, the claimed vanilla, was the only one offline of the living players. We were waiting to start the game. ergo, PJB lied about his claim.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
JEEPERS

So I just lost my big 'how freaking great am I' post. :/

here's the tl;dr

Ran is dead
Orbo claimed the correct result
I've been confirmed sane all along :awesome:

If Orbo is scum i'll be :mad:

Vote: PJB

P.S. RIP Zen you were a bro I'm sorry we lynched you.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
pjb, unlike mafia goon

died rip

town win

setup
Sane Cop
Paranoid Cop (Guilty on everyone)
Naive Cop (Innocent on everyone)
Insane Cop (Guilty on town, Innocent on mafia)
Dayvig
Mafia Godfather (Would appear innocent to Sane, Guilty to Insane)
Mafia Goon (No special abilities, PJB lied about a restriction)

This setup I used is Dethy with my own modifications. Normally, cop's sanity isn't revealed on death but I feel it wouldn't be fair with a Godfather and two mafia. This was mostly to test how the like system could work in a Mafia game. Feel free to critique and give your opinions.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
kill didn't have a like restriction right?
game would have been crazy with sanity not revealed on death.
multishotdayvig wtf. had fun though, especially when me ran and kary all claimed cop XD

#HBC | ѕoup

Doesn't take much to discern who's real or fake based on a flip. PJB should claimed cop or something IMO. And no, it didn't.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
yeah i enjoyed this. prolly a bit town-sided IMO, Zen's role could've won the game more or less single-handed.

Then again godfather is pretty wack.

#HBC | ѕoup

don't focus on the setup as much rather the like mechanic, that's what i want to know more about

Orboknown

Smash Hero
It definitely can be tailored to be wayyyyy townsided, especially if all of town knows that likes are required for prs. they can then trace it around via claims and say "hey, you didn't have a like from this person but got tracked visiting them!"
It's different, but it's workable.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I thought they worked ok in this setup. what PJB fakeclaimed would've been an interesting role.

The thing about them is that people don't often 'like' posts in games so it tends towards outing which players have PRs. It would be ok in PR heavy games, where it would be an interesting way of keeping track of who could visit who, and lets you trust some players and not others. One other thing I should mention is that there doesn't seem to be a timestamp on likes so i actually think it might be impractical for adjudicating night actions etc.

that's my thoughts right now anyways.

#HBC | ѕoup

I can think of a mafia needing likes or an Indy especially. I wanted to see how people would treat likes and how they would cooperate. It wasn't used as much as I thought it would. The like-vig I didn't really um..care for.

#HBC | ѕoup

I thought they worked ok in this setup. what PJB fakeclaimed would've been an interesting role.

The thing about them is that people don't often 'like' posts in games so it tends towards outing which players have PRs. It would be ok in PR heavy games, where it would be an interesting way of keeping track of who could visit who, and lets you trust some players and not others. One other thing I should mention is that there doesn't seem to be a timestamp on likes so i actually think it might be impractical for adjudicating night actions etc.

that's my thoughts right now anyways.
That's a good point, however there are time-stamps when you receive one. I doubt anyone would abuse this.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
if it was a night vig and there was a BP or osmething, it might have been more balanced. it had nothing to counter it, and the sheer fact that it could fire multiple times a day really made it OP.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I can think of a mafia needing likes or an Indy especially. I wanted to see how people would treat likes and how they would cooperate. It wasn't used as much as I thought it would. The like-vig I didn't really um..care for.
I didn't ask for likes because I would draw attention to myself as a PR. I tried to do it in a subtle way. I mean more of a "I don't need likes but you can give me likes if you like me or have me read as town". I could see it be used in the same way Boss (KevinM/Tom), RadFic, and Swiss argued for the summons in FF8 Mafia.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also good job guys.

I laughed at Kary's hammer post.

(8

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
also let's metagame 101. We we're all here at the end of d1 to send in our actions. PJB, the claimed vanilla, was the only one offline of the living players. We were waiting to start the game. ergo, PJB lied about his claim.
Good stuff with this. I realized that too, I was like... "Why is it taking so long?!?!?!" lol. Down-side of Forum Mafia. (IRL gets in the way of your lies lol)

Orboknown

Smash Hero
It's not somethign I'd use most of the time, But it's something I could use here. prolly can finagle it in lategame as well.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Yo I sent in my night action days ago tho. The game wasn't being held up by me, it was being held up by lazy mod being lazy mod. Also, soup told me I couldn't kill at the start of the game, so I was kinda surprised when I complained about it in the QT and he told me I had a NK to use.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
You weren't online when the day ended and we all sent in our cop targets. ergo, we were waiting on a claimed vanilla to send in a na. get owned.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I understand what you're saying, but there's nothing I could've done to avoid that. Soup literally told Vinyl and I in the QT as the game started "btw you guys can't kill at night". Then when night began, I complained about Zen's role being mega op for being able to shoot all day until he elim'd scum and me not having a NK, when soup comes in and says "you do have an NK tho". Even after I sent it in, it was well over a day between me sending it in and the day starting.

My point is, you can't just say "lol claimed vanilla must not have sent in his NA cuz day no has started" when it could just as easily be the mod taking forever, which was actually the case here.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Just appear visible next time. Consider that you work alot (maybe, or maybe you said that cuz you were scum? ;o ), and me kary and orbo are all posting actively and you are not. How else can we know that you sent the NA in while we were talking? (And even if the mod might be lazy, we have to think in the scenario that the mod ISN'T lazy, because we can't expect the mod to be lazy, we don't get anything done ) If you say "No I am not gonna appear visible", then maybe try to appear active while we are setting up for a hammer and bring night to the game?

Like I said, it's the down-side of mini-mafia. You are right, it isn't your fault. But I don't know how else you could avoid that situation.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
IF YOU WEREN'T SO LAZY I WOULDN"T THINK YOU WERE SCUM lol

also sorry bsl for reading you as scum for like... something that I don't even remember. The death is on Zen's hands though. ;-;

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I made like 2 posts or something.

It was 3 posts. You thought I was scum for weak reasoning on an RVS VOTE LOL
I made the vote because I had a pun for kraken puns. Like wat lol

Top Bottom