• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini | DnD Statbuilder Mafia - Game Over!

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Thank god I have no confidence in my own reads, go town. Also, I wasn't gambiting, I did send a command to Xatres to give Marshy my vote, but changed that before Xatres got online.

Rake, please never dayvig so quickly into a game.

No other player thoughts.

The first two days I tried RPing my character of the stupid but charismatic Orc, stopped caring by D3 though.

Also, this is going to be the last game of mine for a long time; the last few months of life have been a struggle and I can't find motivation to play these games anymore.

Last edited:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
yea.

fml, all props for being quick n sharp on jex, but if youd let that flesh out i think itd have been easier for everyone to pick up on who his mate was. the ONLY reason i dropped omg was cuz drex came in being dumb-or-scummy and that just seemed like the right angle. im not saying hed have looked cleaner had d1 fleshed out more, but i know that didnt help. so props, but for future reference dont be so quick on the draw.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
yea.

fml, all props for being quick n sharp on jex, but if youd let that flesh out i think itd have been easier for everyone to pick up on who his mate was. the ONLY reason i dropped omg was cuz drex came in being dumb-or-scummy and that just seemed like the right angle. im not saying hed have looked cleaner had d1 fleshed out more, but i know that didnt help. so props, but for future reference dont be so quick on the draw.
Scum didn't know who each other were though

#HBC | Gorf

marshy knew who jex was iirc, just not the other way around.

ebwop could be wrong, but i still think d1 shouldve been fleshed out more to get more reads than a town read on you and a wrong read on omg

Last edited:

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

No qt no.nothing like that. Marshy only even got his hands on the poison cause jexs died. If we'd have known going in to d2 that scum didn't know who the other was we would have been much more in marshy face for how over the top his attitude towards jexs became once his death was basically assured

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

marshy knew who jex was iirc, just not the other way around.

ebwop could be wrong, but i still think d1 shouldve been fleshed out more to get more reads than a town read on you and a wrong read on omg
Oh cause xat said in the dead area they both didn't I thought. If marshy did then well played to him cause me and Orbo def didn't feel him after jexs got ended

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I will say in retrospect though that we could a waited a little and tried to get his partner to slip up seeing as jexs was for sure dying d1

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Meh, I maintain drex was a horrid lynch and had we lynched gorf d2 like our slot wanted marshy would have been next in my crosshairs. I'll say more at lunch time though

#HBC | Gorf

i want you to know that this games gonna make me even more livid when you up n **** on games. cuz before i just thought you were a blatant ******. this + ryker proved to me that you CAN play smart.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Speaking of, the FML hydra reaching zen status level bull****e with the fake day cop was great. Really enjoyed getting to use that gambit and have it be somewhat believable

#HBC | Gorf

Meh, I maintain drex was a horrid lynch and had we lynched gorf d2 like our slot wanted marshy would have been next in my crosshairs. I'll say more at lunch time though
you didnt have crosshairs to point you were poisoned. plus the only reason i didnt flesh a case on em is cuz it wasnt lylo and itd have taken MAD work to reach for that case.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Although I for sure thought that saying a guilty target would die was going a bit far. But apparently not

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
i knew jexs was scum and was ****ed the moment he died d1

theres not much whacker than a scumbuddy who cant make it past ****in d2 let alone d1. jexs next time yure scum n are gettin pressured DONT b like "WHAAAAT? YU SUSPECT ME? BUT WHYYY?" smfh

i REALLY disagree wit xats decision to let rakes freezing power go thru after the hammer. day actions dont go thru in twilight. dont intend on playin another game by him barring information in the role pm that states otherwise

JeXs

Smash Champion
I responded that way because I thought he could my scum mate and didn't want to throw him off. But yeah, learned my lesson.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

i knew jexs was scum and was ****ed the moment he died d1

theres not much whacker than a scumbuddy who cant make it past ****in d2 let alone d1. jexs next time yure scum n are gettin pressured DONT b like "WHAAAAT? YU SUSPECT ME? BUT WHYYY?" smfh

i REALLY disagree wit xats decision to let rakes freezing power go thru after the hammer. day actions dont go thru in twilight. dont intend on playin another game by him barring information in the role pm that states otherwise
But my freezing didn't even effect you it froze gorf

#HBC | Gorf

o yea

jex, the whole point of scum is to show face. getting jumpy and antsy at the sight of a scum read is not being allusive lol. but baby steps, after all this is your best scum performance :p

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Also also our abilities weren't specifically stated as day actions, they were all any time once per game actions. Hence xats flavor stating "with FMLS dying breath"

JeXs

Smash Champion
If I knew who my scum mate was I probably wouldn't have responded that way lol. I was wary of him being my scum mate.

#HBC | Gorf

well then the issue becomes not exposing yourself to your scummate. if he was and was legitimately calling for your lynch, it was to make himself look better for the good of himself. you cant do more than take it for what it is in thread cuz... well then maybe town will see it.

and thats a lesson on scummate-scummate interaction :)

OMGBGYSCOMGWHBWYDYHAPYGSMB

marshy|dark horse
dude no

jexs had a regular kill

i had a poison kill

chaco protected the former. thats how its SUPPOSED to be. a poison doctor is wat yure thinkin of but theres a difference

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I enjoyed channeling my inner garfunkel for this game.

And yeah, marshy and I would have won had FML not thrown a spanner in the works by freezing gorf, forcing us to no kill if we were going to compete with Gorf D3

Last edited:

Chaco

Never Logs In
There's a lot I really don't care for in this set up. I'm gonna wait for full reveal to make comments, BUT, eh, wasn't the best designed game imho. Of course any sort of UPick usually only has a tentative sort of balance unless it's fleshed out for a while.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm gonna be completely honest, I have and always have had SEVERE trouble reading Marshy. It's a problem of mine. His play is so consistent from town to scum it's hard to figure out the inconsistencies. So I naturally stay weary of him. But I can't build a case out of "being weary of him". So, I opted out D2 when I had that feeling that Drex was just dumb and OMG might be scum. But I was focused on Gorf and Drex more so for sure.

Kudos to OMG for being impossible to read well.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Xat told you guys straight up balance wasnt the priority
Yeah I know. But you derail the entire sense of mafia if there's not a central theme of balance. I was accurate with my protect and shows nothing for it for one thing. BUT anyways...

When you're making a game you have to pick one or two themes at most and run with it, if you have any ideas leftover...make another game with them. When you try to cram too much into a game, you get a game where the idea of mafia is far stretched. To be honest, this game kind've feels like a ******* mod game. Flavor cops being both me and drex, but everyone could only be copped once. And the items you get from them REALLY don't tell you much. (Cause it listed what Drex had stole on D2 upon his lynch). Just a lot of themes going on here that convoluted the game, imo. But nevertheless, thanks for hosting Xatres. Had a fun time getting back into mafia with this game. I've knocked the rust off a lot in the past few days.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Should have lynched gorf then
:|
Lynching gorf would have likley resulted in drexel lasting into lylo, and his scumminess would likely have make that day even easier. I was actually disappointed when I realized the D2 attitude was Drexel/NL and not Drexel/Gorf

Last edited:

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Lynching gorf would have likley resulted in drexel lasting into lylo, and his scumminess would likely have make that day even easier. I was actually disappointed when I realized the D2 attitude was Drexel/NL and not Drexel/Gorf
Drexel was obvnoobtown though and people should have see. It

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
But people didn't, but that's what mattters.

I also feel like you guys had him as town for the wrong reasons. Stuff like "He would have had a fakeclaim" was bad, escpecially since we didn't have the fakeclaim. It was a large part of why you guys weren't successful.

#HBC | Gorf

^totally agreed

it means little to call somebody x y or z if your case on em means less than enough to sway the outcome. your reasoning for drextown sucked. youre not going to convince me bunz and chaco otherwise. id even go so far as to say he was moreso textbook newbscum.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
[COLLAPSE="Bunzy Role PM"]
Crunchbite, Orc Companion

STR: 7
DEX: 2
CON: 2
INT: 1
WIS: 8
CHA: 10

Welcome, #HBC | Bunzy. You are Crunchbite, Orc Companion. Short, cute, lovable, and wise beyond your years, you're everything an Orc shouldn't be. Despite these admirable qualities, you are also dumb as a box of rocks, which makes you less than qualified to search out the mystery currently plaguing the Party.

Active Abilities
Befriend: At any point during the day, you may choose to befriend a single player by sending a private message to the GM reading, "Befriend: PLAYER". You will gain private communication with that player. For the remainder of the game, this player may command you to vote for any player, using the private command, "Attack: PLAYER". If this player dies, you may choose to befriend a new player the following Day.

Passive Abilities
You are beloved by almost every member of the Party. It will be publically announced at the start of the game that you are Party-aligned.

Restrictions
You are only able to vote once per day, and only at the command of a befriended player.

Win Conditions
You win when all threats to the Party have been eliminated.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Chaco Role PM"]Digit, Pixie Troublemaker

STR: 1
DEX: 9
CON: 1
INT: 4
WIS: 10
CHA: 5

Welcome, Chaco. You are Digit, Pixie Troublemaker . Sweet, beautiful, and naturally adventurous, you find your own memory loss to be another step in a grand adventure. Your small size and stature make you vulnerable to attacks from other players, but you only find the danger that much more exciting.

Active Abilities
Thievery: Despite your good-natured attitude, sometimes you just can't help but see what shiny things other players are hiding in their pockets. Using your nimble fingers, you may steal one item of interest from another player per Day, by sending the GM the command, "Steal: PLAYER". There is a small chance that the player in question may detect your attempts to steal from them, depending on their stats.

Pixie Dust: Your Pixie powers give you the ability to protect other players from magical powers. Once per night, you may send the GM the command, "Pixie Dust: PLAYER". That player will be unaffected by magical abilities until the end of the next Day phase.

Passive Abilities
Fatigue: Due to your poor physical abilities, you must recover after every action taken. Every vote you make is automatically locked for 24 hours. You also have very poor resistance to physical attacks.

Restrictions
All your posts must be made in the color pink. Failing to post in pink will result in you losing one of your active abilities until the beginning of the next Day phase. The effect stacks.

Win Conditions

[COLLAPSE="Drexel Role PM"]Wesley Faymoor, the Twilight Fox

STR: 2
DEX: 8
CON: 4
INT: 4
WIS: 4
CHA: 8

Welcome, Drexel. You are Wesley Faymoor, the Twilight Fox. Handsome, charming, and with insatiable love for all things valuable, there's no doubt in your mind what your profession was before your memory loss. You're a natural-born thief, con artist, and trickster. But can you put these skills to use in discovering who is killing off members of the Party? You can certainly try.

Active Abilities
Throw Voice: Once per Day, you may send a single message to the GM, which will then be passed to on to another player. In this message, you must designate who the message is intended for and in who's voice you wish this message to be spoken. The receiving player will be told the message is from the player of your choice.

Pick-Pocket: Once per Day, may send the following command to the GM: "Pick-Pocket: PLAYER". You will steal one personal item from this player, which may give you some insight into the role, alignment, or abilities.

Passive Abilities
Sneak: None of your actions may be tracked or viewed by other players in any way.

Restrictions
None

Win Conditions

[COLLAPSE="FML Role PM"]Aurelias, Master of the Arcane

INT: 10
WISDOM: 10
DEXTERITY: 5
STRENGTH: 2
CONSTITUTION: 2
CHARISMA: 1

Welcome, FML. You are Aurelias, Master of the Arcane. You may not remember much about your past, but that is of little concern. Your natural intelligence, wisdom, and arcane mastery place you leagues above the rest of the imbeciles around you. You have little time to participate in the pointless bickering of your companions. You will find the villains responsible for your memory loss on your own and make them pay for what they've done.

Active Abilities
Magical Nullification: Once per game, you may make the public command: "Cast Nullification". All magical abilities used by other players are disabled until the end of the next Day phase.

Freezing Wind: Once per game, you may make the public command: "Freezing Wind: PLAYER". The targeted player will have their votes nullified and Night Actions cancelled until the start of the next Day phase.

Fire Blast: Once per game, you may make the public command: "Fire Blast: PLAYER". That player will be incinerated by intense flames, dying instantly.

Passive Abilities
Arcane Mastery: Your skills in controlling the magical forces around you are completely unmatched. Not only are you immune to the magical powers of other players, but you are also capable of copying the magical Night Actions that target you in the Night, using those abilities against other players on subsequent Nights.

Restrictions
Despite your obvious intelligence, you lack the social skills to get anyone to follow what you say. You are completely incapable of voting.

Win Conditions

[COLLAPSE="Gorf Role PM"]Lucias Falkhearth, Mageknight of Virtue

STR: 6
DEX: 6
CON: 3
INT: 7
WIS: 3
CHA: 5

Welcome, Gorf. You are Lucias Falkhearth, Mageknight of Virtue. Despite not remembering anything about your life, the deaths occurring within the tower trouble you deeply. You feel an overwhelming sense of honor and desire to see justice done. Strong, clever, and blessed with arcane power, you believe you are the ideal choice to lead the Party to victory.

Active Abilities
Power Strike: Filling your sword with magical energy, you may make the following public command once per day: "Power Strike: PLAYER". You will place a double-vote on that player, and your vote may not be changed until the start of the next Day phase.

Passive Abilities
Canny Defense: Using your natural-born agility and intelligence, you have a natural resistance to physical attacks made by other players. You have a chance of neutralizing physical Night Actions made against you, based on the stats of the player targeting you.

Restrictions
None

Win Conditions

[COLLAPSE="JeXs Role PM"]Eliezer MacMillan, Lupine Druid

STR:5
DEX:8
CON:5
INT:4
WIS:7
CHA:1

Welcome, JeXs. You are Eliezer MacMillan, Lupine Druid. You began your life from humble beginnings, but repeated injustices against your small village lead to you learning the druidic arts, eventually taking on lupine characteristics. Using your newfound powers, you slowly took control of the surrounding lands, becoming harsher and crueler to the people who once oppressed you, as the powers of the wolf drove you mad. Until the heroes arrived, you ruled your kingdom with an iron fist. Now, only the power of the ancient amulet stands between you and utter defeat. While you were able to resist the full effects of the amulet, it has left some blanks in your memory. You do not know for sure if you have allies within the heroes or not.

Active Abilities
Ravaging Claws: Each night you may send the following command to the GM: "Ravage: PLAYER". That player will be killed in the Night.

Entangling Roots: Each night, you may send the following command to the GM: "Entangle: PLAYER". That player will be magically bound in creeping vines, preventing them from making any Night Action.

Transform: Each night, in lieu of your Night Kill, you may choose to send the following command to the GM: "Transform". You will fully transform into beast form, slinking into the shadows for the evening, preventing you from being targeted by any Night Actions.

Passive Abilities
None

Restrictions
Your personality is completely devoid of charm. In order to get players to go along with your opinions, you must make them known EMPHATICALLY. You may only vote ONCE per Day, and that vote MUST be made in ALL CAPS.

Win Conditions
You win when all your enemies lie dead at your feet.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="OMG Role PM"]Erathi, Half-Elven Ranger

10 str
10 dex
4 con
4 intel
1 wisdom
1 charisma

Welcome, OMGBGYSCOMGWHBWYDYHAPYGSMB. You are Erathi, Half-Elven Ranger. Despite being born in a peaceful village on the edge of the kingdom, you were stolen away at a young age and conscripted into the service of Eliezer MacMillon, Lupine Druid (JeXs). While you have faithfully served Eliezer your entire life, the arrival of the heroes has left you with a golden opportunity. You now seek to defeat both the heroes and your former master, earning your freedom from the hatred of those around you.

Active Abilities
Poison Arrow: You dare not risk attacking other players while your master is still alive, lest he discover your insubordination. However, once your master Eliezer has been killed, you will take control of the Night killing action. You will be able to send the command, "Poison Arrow: PLAYER". That player will be poisoned, dying at the end of the next Day phase.

Passive Abilities
Uncanny Reflexes: Thanks to your extensive years of training, you have the reflexes necessary to dodge any incoming attacks, so long as you are awake to avoid them. You are immune to all Day actions.

Restrictions
You are a sociopath without the social skills to fully hide your identity. All posts you make must be posted in the color red AND must contain a vote against a player, even if you have to vote for the same player consecutively. Each post you make violating this restriction will result in a MOD vote being placed on you until the start of the next Day phase. This effect stacks and is capable of lynching you.

Win Conditions
You win when all your enemies lie dead at your feet.[/COLLAPSE]

Last edited:
Top Bottom