• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini-Combos

Link Lord

Smash Journeyman
In a place where people are tortured endlessly and
This thread will be for people to post mini-combos, or a small set of moves that acts as... a mini-combo.

Anyway, to give an example, here is one:

Ike
0%
Bair>FF>Ftilt

So, the setup for a post will be:

Character
Percentage Range (When the mini-combo works best.)
Mini-Combo

Post.

Spudnick

Smash Apprentice
I know this works on some of the heavier characters but at very low percentages you can down throw into a short hopped bair. Most of the time you can do something else right after that depending on how they DI

henrytran

Smash Apprentice
A favorite of mine is a fast falled sex kick (Nair) that doesn't have much knock back, jab combo // jab combo cancel -> down smash.

Nair->FF->AAA/Acancel->dsmash

As Izaw posted in his vid: Zair -> bomb -> QDA, Zair -> QDA, and more.

Zair = combo maker.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
mini combos...even though the mass DI you can do in brawl, some "combos"
can still happen. You can say combos are "people DIing towards you". But anyway,
a mini combo i like to use is down throw, turn around, and Forward smash.

Deva

Smash Lord
Deva combo:

Zair to bomb throw to Dac.

Other than that, a real combo is first part of bair landing it before the second into a reverse d-smash, or nair to d-smash. or zair near landing to f-smash is another.

Rocky18

Smash Apprentice
**** u *******.Didnt u get sick of destroying threads by telling ****s to people?I will not answer u again whatever u reply cause i dont like to speak with ******* who hate everyone and think they are the best.Btw ur mother sucks my dogs **** while a horse **** her from behind.U got so angry because i told u to see a video and proved that u are the one that cant combo and not brawl.Its not like melee but it still can combo.U just take everything too serious and u get angry with no reason.I recommend u to see a doctor.:psycho:
Linklord sorry for destroying the thread but i couldnt leave aura**** to speak me like that because i just told him to watch a video

Ryos4

Smash Lord
at really low% one that ive done several times. Grab with 2 hits, D throw, up tilt 1-3 times, Bair, boomerang, and uncharge arrow. Though the people who get hit by this usually arnt that great. lol.

Lootic

Smash Apprentice
at really low% one that ive done several times. Grab with 2 hits, D throw, up tilt 1-3 times, Bair, boomerang, and uncharge arrow. Though the people who get hit by this usually arnt that great. lol.
you know we are talking about ordinary link and not toon link, right?

Force

Smash Apprentice
my favorite one is not really a combo but more of a mindgame, I jab cancel into a throw, any way to mindgame into a throw is good with link cause it makes opponent block less and dodge more which is nasty cause all of links kill mechs are dodge counters when placed correctly. best combo in the game for link is a 140% bomb-dac or z-air-bomb-dac or just Z-air-dac. i try to not upsmash much as a damage doing move because of diminishing returns, his dac is easier to hit and less punishable then his D-air cause of its suprise element. DAC has 2 variants though there is an extended DAC and a short one, the short one is done normally, the extended one is done like a shoryuken in streetfighter rotated 180 degrees cause you have to hold diagonally up/forward after a normal DAC and link will fly across the level at a longer distance. once the 2 versions of links DAC are mastered it become more of a consistent comboing tool. The hardest combos to do in the game for link are a bomb-slide uptoss into throw- up its a throw that kills at high percent and i've only landed it once cause its rather impossible. the other one which only legan has perfomed once is boomerang, jab-lock to the edge then meteor smash downtilt. 0%-death combo like falcos.

Force

Smash Apprentice
another kill mech is normal bomb-slide into 2nd hit of forward smash, (this one is same spacing as bombslide uptoss throw-up) bomb-slide F-tilt is nice if your oponent starts reading bomb slide and tries to jump over bomb as an opening. Bomb drop N-air is a nice combo, but one of my favorite kill combos(but it only works on non-jumpy camper types) jump over them bomb throw down DI down up-air this one kills at like 120% this one is nice cause up-air is usually not too diminished cause its hard to find a place for at times. A fancy kill combo is diagonally downward thrown boomerang(whilestanding) bomb throw bomb knocks them into back swing of gale stunned and you jump under them with a D-air. another variant of this one is a normal diagonally upward thrown gale boomer bomb slide short hop D-air/up-air depending on how safe you wanna be. a nice percentage builder is Z-air quick dash uptilt n-air and after the nair sometimes you can even chase with a DAC depending on their percent and how bad they are at quickfalling/dodging etc. ok i'll shutup now, have fun with these combos.

Force

Smash Apprentice
Those are some intersting combos
Sadly, 90% of them can be DI'd out of =[
but thats what mindgames are for right?
well links combo game is insane, its a shame they gave it to a person with a crappy recovery. you basically use a basic combo framework and if they dodge something you try and reup the combo with a shorthop z-air a 2jab a nair-into a 2jab or a DAC if they DI away(the shorter DAC version) the only combos that really matter are ones that end in a kill because killing is so hard with link. link can get damage through projectiles 90% of the time so just focus on combos that kill

Force

Smash Apprentice
i've been wishing i could pull this off more but once or twice i've done the extended-DAC as a roll punish when oponent rolled backward after being on their back. i only start doing weird **** like that when i'm focused, relaxed, and letting my mind not be scared to try things. in a tourney setting i'm chokemaster-flex but i'm frequenting every tourney in florida every weekend so it will start coming together some day when i stop giving a crap.
*edit* with tether throw, backwardsFsmash, DAC, and jablock you can punish any variant of how someone recovers after being on their back its all about jumping into position fast enough and block tether throwing most of the time. this is why luigis mansion is becoming my permanent counterpick level, a downtilt or a boomerang instantly awards you this kind of positioning and Z-air is broken on that level

Top Bottom