• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Minecraft

UncleSam

Smash Master
It's that time again for SMP players to make a tough decision: Do I upgrade to 1.2 and not be able to play SMP until servers update? Or stay 1.1 and miss out on all the goodies...

at least I have 2 computers.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Iron Golems if my village is large? Can I manually add houses to make them spawn or do I have to be in a lucky village? I'd already say my village is decently sized. I'm currently held up in the church and there's at least 10 other houses and a well in the village.

On a side note: Infinite Bread <3

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You can build houses for them

I'm building an entire village, since I hate the default structures

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm more interested in the new hieroglyphic sandstone textures that were added, but not used, this last update

My guess - Some kind of ancient desert tomb. Filled with mummies perhaps? Who knows

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So I have a question. I built my own iron golem, and I'm not actually living in a village. I'm just living in a small shack with a tame wolf that I managed to obtain early on during the game. What I'm wondering is will the Iron Golem wander off on his own in the wild or will he just stay within the general vicinity of my house? It took me a good chunk of my iron bar reserves to make it and I really don't want to have him go away so I can build a fence around him in case he does leave to keep him

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Make it while it's hot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgUTtTg_IiA

Which this simple redstone machine, you can transmogrify ANY block with a damage value to a block of the same type with a different damage value. Except leaves, because you can't place redstone torches on leaves.

You can "Legitimately" get blocks that aren't available except in creative such as the circle stronghold stone block and the strange unavailable stone slab.

I am going a step further and making an automatic water pouring thing.

UncleSam

Smash Master

I noticed etho using a transmuter to get circle stone so I started looking around youtube. so I've started experimenting with canal lengths that change the damage value and came up with a list

did this at F=3 and F=2. Nothing changed when I changed from 2 to 3

[COLLAPSE="Block changes"]
canal length=1
mossy brick
pine logs
sandstone slabs
orange wool

canal length=2
cracked brick
birch logs
wood slabs
magenta wool

canal length=3
circle brick
jungle logs
cobble slabs
light blue wool

canal length=4
stone brick
oak logs
brick slabs
yellow wool

canal length=5
-
-
stone brick slabs
lime green wool

canal length=6
-
-
special slabs (Block ID 436)
pink wool

canal length=7
-
-
-
gray wool

canal length=8 (since the water canal cannot break the torch, you need to remove it yourself)
-
-
-
white wool
[/COLLAPSE]

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Has anyone checked out Misa's photorealistic texture pack.

Why as a whole I am not much of a fan of it, there is one that I absolutely love about it.

The use of animated textures. For those of you that don't know, one of the later versions of HD Texture pack that came out allowed for the use of animated textures in texture packs. ANY texture. Mobs, blocks, etc.

Misa makes use of that beyond anything I've ever seen. Just check out the soul sand. That was just great. Also the enchanting table.

However, while the use of animations is beyond awesome, the texture pack as a whole just isn't my thing. I prefer Dokucraft

Disaster Master

Smash Journeyman
I mixed ToonGrid with some old Zelda texture pack and I really like it. Right now I'm making the Tower of the Gods from Wind Waker. This is what I have so far.

I wish I had a better picture but for some reason this world is almost always dark and rainy.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Now, if you actually recreated the entire dungeon, that would be bangin

Disaster Master

Smash Journeyman
Idk why the link broke. But ty Paprika Killer. Umm lol I don't have to patience to make it big enough to fit the entire dungeon, but I plan on somewhat recreating the first room at the entrance, the boss room, and the top floor with the bell. Wind Waker has lots more fun stuff I could build as well, maybe Dragon Roost Island next.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I tried to recreate super Mario Bros 3 as a straight line going as far as I could.

But then the biomes changed when I got halfway through land 1. It bugged me to no end.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Updated Java and my graphic card's drivers and Minecraft is getting 100+ FPS on my largest SSP world

Not sure if either or both helped. Regardless, it look nice

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sorry for the bump, but this is just epic

Wooden planks are now different colors based on WHICH log you use.

Also

New Sandstone blocks that can be crafted from sandstone. You need LOTS of sandstone to make the creeper one

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Just to let you guys know, I'm really loving the pocket edition.
It has the cyan flower, which isn't in the pc ver.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
So the XBOX edition has been slated for early May release (I think the 7th).

The game included just about everything the Wiki covers so you don't need to go outside of the game to find crafting recipes and the like. Also has a full tutorial (not sure what the tut covers, I haven't looked into it completely).

I'm looking forward to it due to the fact that I would probably not experience any lag. FINALLY.

It's gonna run 1600MS points, though.

John2k4

The End of an Era
That is a very nice creeper you have there...

Sssssshame if sssssomething happened to it...

Opaa~

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Watching CaptainSparklez' playthrough gave me enough motivation to play this game again. I haven't touched Minecraft since official release. Time to make a new world.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I watched Etho's playthrough a while ago.

I'm watching Guude's now.

Edit:

My first mob system. It's based on Etho's old system. It works wonders. Surprisingly.

But as of now, spiders die in it.

Is has 3 options.

1) Push mobs forward.

2) Flood Mob trap (Only their head area. Drows 'em and they can't swim up

3) Extends up so spiders live (Currently doesn't work) It DOES extend up, but spiders STILL die. I need to modify the drop point so it's lower

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have been automating my world since watching Etho's Let's Play.

I created my first T Flip Flop.

A T Flip Flop is a redstone circuit that makes button (And in my case, a pressure plate) act like levers where if you push them (Or step on them) it turns them ON and doesn't turn OFF until you push it (Or step on it) again.

I used it on a doorway for aesthetics, since there was no real reason for it to open or close anyway. It was in a secure location so I wouldn't have to worry about mobs coming in.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I really gotta start making youtube videos of my redstone circuits...

Potion room (it's programmable):

Enchantment room (in progress, laid out the circuit and interface):

Combination lock:

working on making the combination re-writable, trying to get a shift register working properly and serial buses to connect it to the RS NOR latch arrays to re-code the combination. It's going to be so awesome once it's done.

also you gotta love SMP trolls:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
For anyone lazy, I figured out the fastest farm you can get.

Chicken farms.

Since chickens have 2 ways of breeding (Wheat and eggs) they are very fast to get them in great numbers.

I have made an egg farm. It consists of chickens suspended over water. The chickens will continuously swim up from the water, while their eggs drop down into a water conveyor belt. I'm WAY to lazy to continuously feed them wheat every 5 minutes or whatnot

I have gathered at least a single double chest full of them.

You can then kill them in the way of your choosing and harvest their delicious insides. Of course I kill them with fire, since it cooks them as well.

They have a low chance of hatching into chickens (They can hatch into up to 4 chickens an egg BTW) but you get eggs fast and you'll eventually get enough eggs to get a lot of chickens

Top Bottom