• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Minecraft

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
So, this game has been an underground hit. I will add more when I get to a PC. Gonna just repost from another forum:

I figured now would be a good time to pimp this game out again.

Minecraft is a mining game where you have free roam of a large sandbox area. You build everything up from a house to items and you mine all your materials. It's available for Linux, Mac, and PC, and for now, it's free to play:

http://www.minecraft.net/
http://minecraftwiki.net/

Pics and Videos:

http://imgur.com/SBomH.jpg - My friend's house with his underwater tunnel to his mine.
http://imgur.com/9ghVi.png - Inside his underwater tunnel. He said it took a while to get this working.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2-bItGaPVQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppll_5QMfdM - A man-made roller coaster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAP3aNXp97M - Blowing up a mountain with TNT.

Hopefully, this will attract a few players because I believe in supporting all indie developers especially lone wolves who make quality games that are great in even alpha stage.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I really want this game. im watching this guy name "Seananners" play through on youtube and it looks interesting.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I prefer the mode where you start with nothing, and you have to gather all the stuff you need while exploring the map. I have a pretty decent cave system going.

The enterprise, and other creations like that are made in a different mode. Creative Mode I think.

Also, my fav trailer video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaMTedT6P0I

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I really want mine carts to work in multiplayer.

Adapt

Smash Lord
That is a valid fear...
but it's worth it :p

The worst part is how open ended the game is. If you ever get bored of something you don't even have to start a new map. You can kill yourself and head in a completely different direction and it becomes completely new

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
M3D Mine is and getting more amazing everytime I log on. :D

Adapt

Smash Lord
I recently started a new save in which I don't make any permenant residences. Every day I start travelling in whatever direction looks the most interesting, and one it gets dark I hollow out a cave, or block off the entrance of one that I find. At night I explore whatever region I decided to camp in.

I bring only what you can carry in your normal inventory, with a few rules to lighten my load:
- I bring a forge and workbench with me, picking them up every morning
- no more than 64 of any one object. Stone, Dirt, Coal, Logs, and Arrows being necessities
- carry Logs instead of Wood to make it so I can carry more... I only craft wood whenever I need it or sticks
- I stick to 2-3 Picks, 3 Shovels, 2 Swords, a Bow and an Axe, also 3 Porkchops

It's surprisingly interesting. Despite not staying in a cave any more than a night I've already grabbed ~10 Iron and a ton of Clay that I slowly smelted into bricks over a couple nights. I imagine I'll end up making a brick house at some point.

The best part of this method of playing is that everything is new and you can see some awesome scenery. I thought I might have trouble getting a bow when on the move but I ran into 2 spiders on my first morning.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
When I get the time, I want to recreate cyrodil.

It shouldn't be terribly difficult, maybe just dealing with water in the inappropiate places will be hard

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I recently started a new save in which I don't make any permenant residences. Every day I start travelling in whatever direction looks the most interesting, and one it gets dark I hollow out a cave, or block off the entrance of one that I find. At night I explore whatever region I decided to camp in.

I bring only what you can carry in your normal inventory, with a few rules to lighten my load:
- I bring a forge and workbench with me, picking them up every morning
- no more than 64 of any one object. Stone, Dirt, Coal, Logs, and Arrows being necessities
- carry Logs instead of Wood to make it so I can carry more... I only craft wood whenever I need it or sticks
- I stick to 2-3 Picks, 3 Shovels, 2 Swords, a Bow and an Axe, also 3 Porkchops

It's surprisingly interesting. Despite not staying in a cave any more than a night I've already grabbed ~10 Iron and a ton of Clay that I slowly smelted into bricks over a couple nights. I imagine I'll end up making a brick house at some point.

The best part of this method of playing is that everything is new and you can see some awesome scenery. I thought I might have trouble getting a bow when on the move but I ran into 2 spiders on my first morning.
Great idea, but I really think you should set up digging camps. Exploring pre-made minds and dungeons are a large portion of the games fun.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Great idea, but I really think you should set up digging camps. Exploring pre-made minds and dungeons are a large portion of the games fun.
That's part of what I do during the night time. I played for another 90 mins today and got ~50 more Iron. Most of it was concentrated in one big cave system I explored during the night. (Something like 37 Iron in that one place)

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Update is all kinds of buggy. Lots of reported bugs, like portals not working, but I've been to hell and back, no issues.

You lose all your items on death, though.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I'm trying not to play this game until I graduate. Only two months left. XD

LLDL

Smash Hero
This game looks amazing and I'm going to purchase it as soon as my paypal balance transfers to my bank account. Noobs complain about bad graphics, but they look revolutionary to me.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I just lost all my saves because my laptop overheated and turned off while I was playing.

This makes me sad.

Adapt

Smash Lord
How's your relationships with mobs?

But seriously, I love this game. However, the holes that the creepers leave in the Earth is nothing compared to the whole they leave in my heart.
I can't remember where I saw this but:
Code:
Miner beware,
When digging deeper;
Lest you find,
A hidden creeper.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I just lost all my saves because my laptop overheated and turned off while I was playing.

This makes me sad.
Since I play Minecraft on PC and on Linux, I have all my save files stored in a Dropbox so I can access them anywhere. Pretty sure that would prevent something like that.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Dropbox is an essential gamer tool. I keep saves of all varieties in there.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Probably should have clarified, I use a symbolic link so that I don't have to "manually" back up my saves. Much more convenient.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
Singleplayer ain't that much fun imo.

But as Jungle can prove, multiplayer consumes me as well. Despite its glitchyness.

D

Deleted member

I bought this monday around 9PM, and played non-stop until 1AM, and did pretty much the same yesterday.

best game EVER.

(only my MW2 addiction last year will probably be worse)

Top Bottom